As the left likes to say, Elections have consequences.

Ah remember back in 2010 when the GOP kicked ass and the right said they had the american people behind them? That election have consequences and we had entered a new age with GOP strength?

I remember that time. Now we See Obama and the left claiming the very samething and people like the hack OP are saying " no, no, no that simply isnt right".

Now its how dare The left and Obama do this, and how dare they do that!

Ah good times.

So the Republicans stumble their way through the campaign and are able to hold the House. The Democrats keep the Senate and the White House, much to the shock of the Republicans, who had convinced themselves that they were gonna clean up.

And Obama has to bend over for the GOP.

Check. Got it.

Obama ran on a claim he would seek a BALANCED approach to the deficit and the budget. Please explain what that means?

Obama ran on raising taxes on the top 2%. He said it at every rally, speech and debate. Over and over. And he got re-elected.

The people returned to the house a safe majority of Republicans. In other words a majority of Americans agree with the House on its policies and bills.

Actually, Democrat candidates received 500,000 more votes than Republicans. The reason Reps held control of the House is that Rep state legislatures gerry mandered districts to keep Dems from winning. So, yeah, you won...by cheating.

And BTW, Obama won re-election and Dems kept the Senate. But I'm sure you knew that already.

seriously who gives a shit? They have the house and so what? The left still has the other. To me who guys come off as whining when you post this stuff. Let it go.

Its Al gore all over again.

They held onto the house, but the American people rejected them everywhere else. You should use that to your advantage.

They held onto the house, but the American people rejected them everywhere else. You should use that to your advantage.

That's what I thought Obama was doing - insisting that they raise taxes for the top 2%, not accepting just "raising revenues" by closing loopholes.

I'm very torn over the debt ceiling issue. Time and time again the Republicans have held raising the debt ceiling hostage to some concession for the wealthy, like entending employer payroll tax deduction which benefit the countries largest corporate employers most, as they employ 83% of the workers in the US.

This was a favourite tactic of the Republicans when Clinton was President too. Holding the debt ceiling hostage to some particularly poorly thought out gift to the wealthy. They've also used the debt ceiling to force passage of a favourite piece of legislature as well. It was Republican insistence on gifts for the wealthy that pushed us over the top of the ceiling last time, resulting in a credit downgrade and higher interest on the debt to China.

The vanquished do not get to dictate the terms of the surrender. Before the election, John Boehner said that if Obama won the election, the Republican Party would have no moral grounds to oppose tax increases to the wealthy and that to continue to block tax increases would be to oppose the will of the people.

Now the Tea Party tells him that if they vote for tax increases, they'll be thrown out of office because they all signed pledges. To which I would say that you don't make promises you can't keep, or in this case, you shouldn't keep. When the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution and gave the government the right to levy taxes, they expected them to use that power, not renounce it.

The people returned to the house a safe majority of Republicans. In other words a majority of Americans agree with the House on its policies and bills.

Actually, Democrat candidates received 500,000 more votes than Republicans. The reason Reps held control of the House is that Rep state legislatures gerry mandered districts to keep Dems from winning. So, yeah, you won...by cheating.

And BTW, Obama won re-election and Dems kept the Senate. But I'm sure you knew that already.

seriously who gives a shit? They have the house and so what? The left still has the other. To me who guys come off as whining when you post this stuff. Let it go.

It's the truth, though. If you want to see whining, see the OP.

I'm starting to be ashamed of being an American, where so many people are envious of success, they want to punish it. It's a damn shame some folks want to punish others because they made bad personal choices for themselves.

People who voted for Obama are not ashamed of success. Lots of rich, successful people voted for Obama. I even know people who make more than $250K a year who have no issues with paying more in taxes and who voted for Obama. Some of them started out poor too, and they know how much harder it is for young people today.

And the "legitimate rape" guys. Why would any right-thinking woman vote Republican? It's like black people voting for the KKK. What a bunch of misogynistic assholes. It would be sad if the Republican Party ran even one man who believed in the idea that women don't get pregnant if it's "legitimate rape". Instead they had a trio of them, including the man who ran for vice-president.

Any party who shows such little regard for women that they must have "informed consent" for abortion, which promotes the idea that women lie about rape to obtain abortions, that suggests that access to birth control promotes the wrong kind of sex, and says that my employer gets to decide whether or not my medical plan covers women's health care issues based on their religious beliefs, is not a party which has my best interests at heart. I have been making adult decisions about my body, my birth control and my sex life for quite some time now, and I'm not even the slightest bit interested in having some asshole politician from some lunatic fringe right-wing Christian cult tell me what I can and cannot do with my own body.

40% of the people Mitt Romney called "takers" who don't want to take responsibility for their lives, and feel entitled to government money, voted Republican. I guess the elderly white folks didn't realize Mitt talking about them when he called them "takers" content to live off government plans and feeling entitled to their Medicare Part D. Or maybe that "traditional American values" stuff resonated. I know my 80+ year old parents would never vote for a black man. Maybe racism was a factor for some who voted Republican.

So tell me again that only stupid selfish people voted for Obama and that rich successful people voted for Mitt, because the numbers just don't bear out that theory at all.

You really have swallowed a whole gut full of the propaganda kool aid haven't you. If republicans wanted to paint all commiecrats as women haters all they would have to do is point out how many of them are in prison for rape. You folks use the stupid statements of a couple of individuals and try to paint everyone with the same brush, knowing it's a freaking lie. But you don't care about lies, it's about winning at all cost. How many of those rich friends you know have sat down a written a check to the government, there are no laws against donating any amount you want to uncle sam. They might claim to support higher taxes but I'll bet you a years income they won't pay one penny more than the law requires them to pay, and they will pay accountants to make suer they don't just like they are now. As for you BS claim of racist not voting for the black guy I'll guarantee you there were just as many or more racist that voted for him. Racist come in all colors.

BTW did you see that the Google founder, a big Maobama supporter moved his company to Bermuda to avoid the taxes he supported in the campaign. Hell Maobama even offered the guy Sec. of Commerce and he turned it down. Typical commiecrat hypocrisy.

Damnit if you folks want bigger government open your wallets and be prepared to pay for it. Not just send the bill to someone else.

Last edited:

Yep, and the commiecrat state houses did the exact same thing, are you saying they also cheated?

Damnit if you folks want bigger government open your wallets and be prepared to pay for it. Not just send the bill to someone else.

You mean like the people who voted for Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. You voted for bigger government, and higher entitlement programs. The greatest increases in entitlement spending is under these three Presidents. Now you're bitching because you're being called to accounts.

It's time for EVERYONE who voted Republican in 1980, 1984, 1988, 2000 and 2004 to pay those bills, and for the wars you so enthusiastically supported. You're not sticking the middle class with this mess. YOU voted for these A$$hats, time for you to pay up.

It's the truth, though. If you want to see whining, see the OP.

don't deflect back to the Op. He is a moron.

The people returned to the house a safe majority of Republicans. In other words a majority of Americans agree with the House on its policies and bills. Or at least the left would have us believe that because Obama was reelected his policies and bill proposals were approved by the majority.

GOP makes new 'fiscal cliff' offer to Obama - First Read

Unless Obama and the dems get serious about cuts, real cuts not pretend ones 10 years from now, they will get very little from the House.

Obama promised to compromise, yet to date he has done no such thing. Making outrageous demands, trying to claim his election somehow allows him to gain powers no President has EVER had. The people will grow tired of his stonewalling long before the 2014 elections. Te press can't cover for him all the time.

Right wing nuts are hilarious.....

House Democrats received more votes than Republicans from American voters in 2012.

Democrats gained two seats in the Senate despite have to defend many more seats than the Republicans.

Barack Obama won every swing state but one on his way to a 100+ EV win.

In other words, American rejected your wing nut platform.

Better start bending Republicans, people like me wont sit on their hands in 2014 like we did in 2010.

The people returned to the house a safe majority of Republicans. In other words a majority of Americans agree with the House on its policies and bills. Or at least the left would have us believe that because Obama was reelected his policies and bill proposals were approved by the majority.

GOP makes new 'fiscal cliff' offer to Obama - First Read

Unless Obama and the dems get serious about cuts, real cuts not pretend ones 10 years from now, they will get very little from the House.

Obama promised to compromise, yet to date he has done no such thing. Making outrageous demands, trying to claim his election somehow allows him to gain powers no President has EVER had. The people will grow tired of his stonewalling long before the 2014 elections. Te press can't cover for him all the time.

That is not true, and reveals your political ignorance. Democrats got more votes in the House of Representatives this year, but Republicans maintain their majority because after the 2010 election they rammed through redistricting, reshaping their districts to ensure electoral victory.

Talk about someone who has no freaking idea what happened in the election. Those mean ole republicans in the state houses that were voted in by those mean ole republican voters some how did something the voters didn't want and deprived the commies house seats. REALLY? You haven't figured out that the majority of state houses are controlled by republicans because that's what the people voted for at the local level. So take your cry baby ass tale some where else, only other commies will buy it. The American people voted for divided government, get over it.

Hey Cletus - educate yourself, you moron:

Election 2010 Redistricting Gains Will Give GOP Lasting Majority - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

A Citizen’s Guide to Redistricting, 2010 Edition | Brennan Center for Justice

State Legislative and Congressional Redistricting after the 2010 Census - Ballotpedia

Gerrymandering, Pure and Corrupt

You mean like the people who voted for Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. You voted for bigger government, and higher entitlement programs. The greatest increases in entitlement spending is under these three Presidents. Now you're bitching because you're being called to accounts.

It's time for EVERYONE who voted Republican in 1980, 1984, 1988, 2000 and 2004 to pay those bills, and for the wars you so enthusiastically supported. You're not sticking the middle class with this mess. YOU voted for these A$$hats, time for you to pay up.

Really, did I? You really don't know who I supported do you? As for the wars, your commiecrats share the responsibility, most also voted for the wars. Then when they proved unpopular they started point fingers and screaming I voted for it, but I really didn't mean it, and folks like you just ate that shit up. Of the three presidents you mentioned, tell me which one ran up the national debt nearly 6 trillion dollars in 4 years, oh that's right, only your dear leader has that distinction. He always has been about being number 1, too bad he doesn't want the same for the country. Also you might want to check who was running the congress when those entitlement booms occurred. Of course that means nothing to you, because you've proven truth has no value to you the majority of the time.

That is not true, and reveals your political ignorance. Democrats got more votes in the House of Representatives this year, but Republicans maintain their majority because after the 2010 election they rammed through redistricting, reshaping their districts to ensure electoral victory.

Talk about someone who has no freaking idea what happened in the election. Those mean ole republicans in the state houses that were voted in by those mean ole republican voters some how did something the voters didn't want and deprived the commies house seats. REALLY? You haven't figured out that the majority of state houses are controlled by republicans because that's what the people voted for at the local level. So take your cry baby ass tale some where else, only other commies will buy it. The American people voted for divided government, get over it.

Hey Cletus - educate yourself, you moron:

Election 2010 Redistricting Gains Will Give GOP Lasting Majority - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

A Citizen’s Guide to Redistricting, 2010 Edition | Brennan Center for Justice

State Legislative and Congressional Redistricting after the 2010 Census - Ballotpedia

Gerrymandering, Pure and Corrupt

Like I said before the commies did the same thing in the blue states, but hey, that's OK right? Grow up, political reality is what it is.

Last edited:
Like I said before the commies did the same thing in the blue states, but hey, that's OK right? Grow up, political reality is what it is.

Really? Then why was Fox and everyone associated with them so shocked that the Republicans lost the election? They denied, denied, denied that Romney was behind because the polls were "skewed". The poll takers were talking to more Democrats than Republicans so the polls would show Obama was winning.

Maybe they talked to more Democrats because THERE ARE MORE DEMOCRATS THAN REPUBLICANS.

Reality, what a concept.

Really? Then why was Fox and everyone associated with them so shocked that the Republicans lost the election? They denied, denied, denied that Romney was behind because the polls were "skewed". The poll takers were talking to more Democrats than Republicans so the polls would show Obama was winning.

Maybe they talked to more Democrats because THERE ARE MORE DEMOCRATS THAN REPUBLICANS.

Reality, what a concept.

You might want to put the bong down, none of your little rant has anything to do with the quote, it's about redistricting and how both parties tried to use it to their advantage. That's the political reality I was speaking of. You might want to contact your teacher and let her know you are having comprehension problems, she might be able to help.

You might want to put the bong down, none of your little rant has anything to do with the quote, it's about redistricting and how both parties tried to use it to their advantage. That's the political reality I was speaking of. You might want to contact your teacher and let her know you are having comprehension problems, she might be able to help.

I know your quote was about redistricting. Fox News was gloating before the election that gerrymandering in the Red States would "guarantee" Republican victories in perpetuity. The Democrats now had no hope. That's what that link was about.

But like everything else that Fox told you going into the election, they grossly miscalculated, or they lied. Like they did about the skewed election polls.

There. I've connected all of the dots for you so you more fully understand what I meant.

Don't condescend. You lack both the intellect and the wit. My teacher is unable to help with anything. Most of my teachers have been dead for years. Hell, damn few of my former bosses are still living either. Now you've made me feel old. I hate it when that happens.

I don't own a bong, but my grandson has one. I do have some roach clips that are older than you are and I bought them new. I am not some smart ass young student. I'm a bitchy old hag who is tired of seeing Republicans destroy the world's economy. I lost the best job I ever had on the day Obama was inaugurated and I retired, because, after working for over 50 years, I think I'm ready to kick back and be a curmudgeon.

Last edited:

So the Republicans stumble their way through the campaign and are able to hold the House. The Democrats keep the Senate and the White House, much to the shock of the Republicans, who had convinced themselves that they were gonna clean up.

And Obama has to bend over for the GOP.

Check. Got it.

You do understand that Congress is a ""Co-Equal"" branch of government? You also understand that the Founders intentionally invested the power of government in the House rather than the Executive to keep the President from becoming a tyrant?

You do KNOW that The Speaker of the House is third in line for the Presidency, right?

You DO know that the Senate has no such chain?

There is a reason that the power of the Purse rests in the House of Representatives (The Peoples House)........Obama wants money, he comes to the House with hat in hand...or he can go pound sand.

You do KNOW that The Speaker of the House is third in line for the Presidency, right?

Wrong.

The Speaker is second in line for the Presidency.

You DO know that the Senate has no such chain?

Nonsense.

The President pro tempore is third in line for the Presidency.

Last edited:
There is a reason that the power of the Purse rests in the House of Representatives (The Peoples House)........Obama wants money, he comes to the House with hat in hand...or he can go pound sand.

and the Republicans will be wiped off the face of the earth in 2014.

What part of the Republicans LOST 8 SEATS IN THE HOUSE do you not get?

Republican economy ideas have been soundly kicked to the curb by the electorate. The Tea Party is a rump of the Republican Party which is losing steam by the minute. If the Republican House continues to thwart the will of the people to raise taxes, then they do so at their own peril.

Even John Boehner knows that.

Forum List

Back