As gun rights rally looms in Virginia, Richmond residents fear another Charlottesville

By another Charlottesville, you mean you worry the Dems will order the cops to stand down and the Lefty brownshirts, will attack and start a riot?

I agree that that is always a reasonable fear. That is why dems should never be elected to anything.

Would you support Trump putting fed troops there to ensure order?

More alternate history from Trumplicans. It was a right-wing extremist that killed an innocent girl.

She would be alive today, if the cops had not been ordered to stand down, so the massively outnumbered white supremacists could be attacked by the far left street thugs.

YOu start a riot, you choose to get people hurt.

‘Far left thugs”?? She was walking with friends in a peaceful counter-protest when the right-wing murderer drove into a crowd killing Heather Heyer and injuring 19 others.

You seek to place blame on this terrorist action on everyone but the murderer himself.
I’m sorry she died

but there was violence on both sides
You sound like Trump defending Nazis

Too bad for you he never did that...

More alternate history from Trumplicans. It was a right-wing extremist that killed an innocent girl.

She would be alive today, if the cops had not been ordered to stand down, so the massively outnumbered white supremacists could be attacked by the far left street thugs.

‘Far left thugs”?? She was walking with friends in a peaceful counter-protest when the right-wing murderer drove into a crowd killing Heather Heyer and injuring 19 others.

You seek to place blame on this terrorist action on everyone but the murderer himself.
I’m sorry she died

Something trump never did

sometimes I think the trump haters have to make up stuff just to feed their TDS

It is worse than that now....they want to have Trump Derangement Orgasms......so they will make up anything they have to to reach that level of excitement

I guess we'll find out after the fact if there actually was a threat but I thought I read somewhere that they hold this gun rally every year, presumably without incident?

Many say they'll be staying as far away as possible from the demonstration they worry will turn violent.

Richmond on edge ahead of pro-gun rally at Virginia Capitol
Jan. 19, 202001:40
Jan. 19, 2020, 6:07 AM PST
By Ben Kesslen

RICHMOND, Va. — As gun rights activists, white nationalists and militia groups prepare to rally at the state Capitol on Monday to protest proposed gun control laws, residents are praying it won’t be a repeat of the violent 2017 rally in Charlottesville that ended in a woman's death.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League, which organizes the annual gun rights rally, said it wants a "peaceful event," but the crowd is expected to be larger than usual because Democrats took control of the Legislature last year and are proposing several gun control bills that would limit handgun purchases and require background checks, among other regulations.

The proposals come after a mass shooting in May in Virginia Beach, in which a disgruntled city employee killed 12 people in a municipal building.

“I’m very worried,” Francisca Benavides, a student at Virginia Commonwealth University, said.

Benavides, who's studying photography at the 31,000-student public research university, wanted to attend the rally to document it but is having second thoughts after Gov. Ralph Northam declared a state of emergency last week in anticipation of the event. He said "credible intelligence" indicated the rally would draw armed militias and hate groups.

“All my friends are trying to convince me not to attend,” Benavides said, adding she was reassured when Northam temporarily banned guns and other weapons from the grounds of the Capitol, and the state Supreme Court struck down the rally organizers' challenge to the order.

As gun rights rally looms in Virginia, Richmond residents fear another Charlottesville

thankfully, these monkeys have gone home. They should stay home and play with their sex toys there. With what I saw these monkeys carrying, they are not welcome in the Commonwealth.

I guess we'll find out after the fact if there actually was a threat but I thought I read somewhere that they hold this gun rally every year, presumably without incident?

Many say they'll be staying as far away as possible from the demonstration they worry will turn violent.

By Ben Kesslen

RICHMOND, Va. — As gun rights activists, white nationalists and militia groups prepare to rally at the state Capitol on Monday to protest proposed gun control laws, residents are praying it won’t be a repeat of the violent 2017 rally in Charlottesville that ended in a woman's death.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League, which organizes the annual gun rights rally, said it wants a "peaceful event," but the crowd is expected to be larger than usual because Democrats took control of the Legislature last year and are proposing several gun control bills that would limit handgun purchases and require background checks, among other regulations.

The proposals come after a mass shooting in May in Virginia Beach, in which a disgruntled city employee killed 12 people in a municipal building.

“I’m very worried,” Francisca Benavides, a student at Virginia Commonwealth University, said.

Benavides, who's studying photography at the 31,000-student public research university, wanted to attend the rally to document it but is having second thoughts after Gov. Ralph Northam declared a state of emergency last week in anticipation of the event. He said "credible intelligence" indicated the rally would draw armed militias and hate groups.

“All my friends are trying to convince me not to attend,” Benavides said, adding she was reassured when Northam temporarily banned guns and other weapons from the grounds of the Capitol, and the state Supreme Court struck down the rally organizers' challenge to the order.

By another Charlottesville, you mean you worry the Dems will order the cops to stand down and the Lefty brownshirts, will attack and start a riot?

I agree that that is always a reasonable fear. That is why dems should never be elected to anything.

The guy who hit the girl with a car wasn't right wing you doofus.......he was a left wing sociallist..
James Alex Fields was a neo-Nazi. I find myself always having to educate Trumpers.
Difference in a neo-Nazi and a "right winger" ?? Do tell.

Libs like to be really sloppy when it comes to terms. That way they can smear good people with bad labels and have an excuse to be assholes to them.

THe worst part is, they are so stupid, that they think they are actually fooling people with this shit.

I’m sorry she died

Which he never did.

That you feel you have to tell such lies, shows that on some level, you understand that you are the bad guy here.

I’m sorry she died

That is what gets me.

It takes an choice to actively lie.

IF RW believed that Trump was a bad man, why is he not citing all the reasons he has for thinking that?

Instead of doing that, he goes to a lie, that he knows is a lie, and an already refuted lie.

That shows that he KNOWS, that he has ONLY LIES, to depend on to take down Trump.

ANd if that is the case, how can he be so blind as to not realize that that means that Trump is NOT a bad person, that RW is the bad person?

The level of absolute blindness is such, that a rational man could not be blamed for thinking that they are knowingly and actively just EVIL, for the sake of EVIL.

I’m sorry she died

Too bad for you he never did that...

Which rw knows, since we have discussed that many times before. So he is just lying to our faces, like a complete fucking asshole.

I’m sorry she died

Which Trump has never done. But you know that already. You just lie about Trimp doing it because you have nothing else.

Must suck to be you. How do you live with yourself knowing that you actually are the scum you claim Trump to be?

I’m sorry she died

That's exactly what they've been doing.

22000 plus law abiding gun owners assembled for a rally and suddenly nothing happened

It's the same old boring story because law abiding gun owners are not a threat to anyone

22000 plus law abiding gun owners assembled for a rally and suddenly nothing happened

It's the same old boring story because law abiding gun owners are not a threat to anyone

Don't forget Shot Show 2020....happening this week.......more gun owners.....

By Ben Kesslen

thankfully, these monkeys have gone home. They should stay home and play with their sex toys there. With what I saw these monkeys carrying, they are not welcome in the Commonwealth.
Sex toys? What did you see them carrying?

By Ben Kesslen

An incredible array of rapid-fire weapons, the type to spray bullets around a store, restaurant, shopping mall, school, or other public place in seconds. Displaying these weapons in public is a sure sign of sexual insecurity.

By Ben Kesslen

An incredible array of rapid-fire weapons, the type to spray bullets around a store, restaurant, shopping mall, school, or other public place in seconds. Displaying these weapons in public is a sure sign of sexual insecurity.

No, but your response sure is.

By Ben Kesslen

If anything happens, the fault will be on the Virginia government officials for using the issue in a divisive political way. The governor or any other involved should be jailed immediately if anything goes wrong, because if he or any other official baited the whole thing then he or any other involved should pay the consequences for it.
I'm just trying to figure out what occurred recently that made them feel that this was an unsafe situation when it's been an annual event for close to 3 decades according to what I read.

Gun rallies/protest tend to be peaceful from what I've experienced over the last few decades. What makes them volatile is not the presence of the firearms, it's the appearance of those individuals such as the ones in Charlottesville who are spoiling for a fight or those instigating and goading people in order to give the event and it's underlying message a black eye, then they can crack down with even more restrictive gun laws.

What happened is that Governor "BlackFace" is trying to redeem his political cred with the left.. And pushed thru some VERY unwise measures that violate Civil Liberties MORE than just the 2nd Amendment. Like being subject to gun confiscation without a hearing with an actual court proceeding.. And no real way to quickly appeal those decisions...

We don't have a Psych science or law enforcement specialists who can DETERMINE which folks are "potential threats" with any precision... And definitely a signature from a judge isn't much better.. When WE DO have the ability to determine that scientifically --- I'm all in... But I'm not holding my breath...

It's NOT a "white militia" issue.. It's a general concern for ALL groups of Americans...

By Ben Kesslen

If anything happens, the fault will be on the Virginia government officials for using the issue in a divisive political way. The governor or any other involved should be jailed immediately if anything goes wrong, because if he or any other official baited the whole thing then he or any other involved should pay the consequences for it.
I'm just trying to figure out what occurred recently that made them feel that this was an unsafe situation when it's been an annual event for close to 3 decades according to what I read.

Gun rallies/protest tend to be peaceful from what I've experienced over the last few decades. What makes them volatile is not the presence of the firearms, it's the appearance of those individuals such as the ones in Charlottesville who are spoiling for a fight or those instigating and goading people in order to give the event and it's underlying message a black eye, then they can crack down with even more restrictive gun laws.

What happened is that Governor "BlackFace" is trying to redeem his political cred with the left.. And pushed thru some VERY unwise measures that violate Civil Liberties MORE than just the 2nd Amendment. Like being subject to gun confiscation without a hearing with an actual court proceeding.. And no real way to quickly appeal those decisions...

We don't have a Psych science or law enforcement specialists who can DETERMINE which folks are "potential threats" with any precision... And definitely a signature from a judge isn't much better.. When WE DO have the ability to determine that scientifically --- I'm all in... But I'm not holding my breath...

It's NOT a "white militia" issue.. It's a general concern for ALL groups of Americans...

The general concern for ALL groups of Americans is being able to move about freely in society without being shot. We had guns in the house growing up. Kept under lock and key and transported that way, if need be. When I was a little kid, my father would sight the rifle for me and then I would pull the trigger. We had a "bullet trap" in the basement.

I never thought that these scumbags would actually want to prance around town with guns to the point that you can't take your kids shopping or to McDonald's or a movie because you don't know whether the person standing next to you has a gun or not.

What am I supposed to do if I am eating at a restaurant and find out that a stranger at the next table is armed? Call for the check and for my food to be packed up to go? Do I have to carry a gun with me just to go out in public? How do I protect myself and my loved ones from those idiots who went down to Richmond?

By Ben Kesslen

The general concern for ALL groups of Americans is being able to move about freely in society without being shot. We had guns in the house growing up. Kept under lock and key and transported that way, if need be. When I was a little kid, my father would sight the rifle for me and then I would pull the trigger. We had a "bullet trap" in the basement.

I never thought that these scumbags would actually want to prance around town with guns to the point that you can't take your kids shopping or to McDonald's or a movie because you don't know whether the person standing next to you has a gun or not.

What am I supposed to do if I am eating at a restaurant and find out that a stranger at the next table is armed? Call for the check and for my food to be packed up to go? Do I have to carry a gun with me just to go out in public? How do I protect myself and my loved ones from those idiots who went down to Richmond?
You mean all those law abiding gun owners who assembled peacefully and committed no crimes?

Yeah those people are scary

They're not prancing.. They are simply making a demonstration... MILLIONS of Americans carry CONCEALED very legally and peacefully... And you'd never know if the woman next to you in a restaurant had a legal gun in her purse.. You wouldn't have to FREAK OUT at the sight of gun...

And that's what you're really complaining about.. Not that in the vast majority of states, qualified citizens can have a defensive weapon on their person. You just FREAK at the SIGHT of a firearm...

Perhaps you should have gotten more context and background on what guns were for in your basement shooting range... A couple generations ago , a HUGE number of High Schools had gun ranges in THEIR basement and at THAT time -- nobody really freaked out and gun violence at school was a rare thing...

Civilian-Marksmanship-Program-Air-Rifle-Competition.jpg

You running for cover yet??? LOL....

Forum List

Back