As a man, I find the stereotypical "manly" man obnoxious

Maybe this will be of use, Billy:

20 things that 20 real women say make you manly

(I'm still wondering what the media mean when they say 'real' women)

But anyway, here's no 1:

1. “A manly man is compassionate, humble, and full of heart. He can laugh at himself and cares about other people's happiness. A manly man is also brave and has strong moral fiber.” – Brittany S
I read the list. I think it's entirely legit. But since the beginning of this thread you speak in support of the cave man shit I was complaining about in my OP. This list you posted is clearly deeper than that and without those stupid cliches. Don't get me wrong: some "manly" shit is reasonable like the guy deciding when and where the date is. He has a sense of assertiveness. I get that you find that attractive. What's stupid is you think any guy who acts manly automatically is manly. I say that's stupid. Bragging about beer, 4-wheelers, and guns doesn't make you manly - it makes you a douche bag.
I really don't know where you are getting your info about me? Lol.
And I actually don't like to be 'told' where im going to dinner.
I just posted number 1 on the list because it was number 1,

And, as you can see from the list there isn't really much consensus in the responses regarding what women find 'manly'. Some of them only mentioned physical characteristics, for example.

I cannot personally bear the appearance of body builders and men who work out too much and end up looking like inverted triangles!

If you had a civil war tomorrow, I'm sure you'd end up glad that there are men with guns!

Actually, I'm not attracted to snowflake liberal men, and neither am I attracted to men who are overtly macho or aggressive. You their are plenty of men in between these two stereotypes, don't you?
lol so who are they? What is their political orientation?
They are all the men that don't fit into the one dimensional stereotypes that have been presented in this thread, and they don't all vote the same way :cuckoo:
Lol you just said liberals were "snowflakes". But okay whatever, is HereWeGoAgain a real man just because he says he is?
I don't know people on this board in real life, so I couldn't really say. But I like him - he's a good guy - and infinitely more interesting than the bitchy snowflake types who post here. Are they bitchy snowflakes in real life? I have no idea. Will that do?

Thank you Tilly.
I never post anything about myself that isnt true.
What people up north dont understand is that my experiences down south are common to most southerners that love the outdoors.
You're gonna encounter some beasts that want to eat you...be prepared.
I know, HWA, you've posted a lot of stuff about outdoorsy things. And I like the idea of that kind of life. I'd have guns too if I could!

But anyway, here's no 1:

1. “A manly man is compassionate, humble, and full of heart. He can laugh at himself and cares about other people's happiness. A manly man is also brave and has strong moral fiber.” – Brittany S
I read the list. I think it's entirely legit. But since the beginning of this thread you speak in support of the cave man shit I was complaining about in my OP. This list you posted is clearly deeper than that and without those stupid cliches. Don't get me wrong: some "manly" shit is reasonable like the guy deciding when and where the date is. He has a sense of assertiveness. I get that you find that attractive. What's stupid is you think any guy who acts manly automatically is manly. I say that's stupid. Bragging about beer, 4-wheelers, and guns doesn't make you manly - it makes you a douche bag.

And, as you can see from the list there isn't really much consensus in the responses regarding what women find 'manly'. Some of them only mentioned physical characteristics, for example.

I cannot personally bear the appearance of body builders and men who work out too much and end up looking like inverted triangles!

If you had a civil war tomorrow, I'm sure you'd end up glad that there are men with guns!
See now you're just being wish-washy because it's convenient. You present this list but then complain it's too diverse? Come on. Just admit I have a point about stupid stereotypical "man" shit.

But anyway, here's no 1:

The kind of man I'm attracted to is intelligent, responsible, fun and likes outdoor physical stuff as well i.e. Rock climbing, boating etc. In that order.
Women can't help it if they like a bit of macho, it's probably hard wired to a degree.

But anyway, here's no 1:

The kind of man I'm attracted to is intelligent, responsible, fun and likes outdoor physical stuff as well i.e. Rock climbing, boating etc. In that order.
Women can't help it if they like a bit of macho, it's probably hard wired to a degree.
All of those qualities are reasonable. I'm just asking you to see through the machismo bullshit some guys present.

But anyway, here's no 1:

See now you're just being wish-washy because it's convenient. You present this list but then complain it's too diverse? Come on. Just admit I have a point about stupid stereotypical "man" shit.
No I'm not. I think the list proves that women, at least, have very different ideas about what is 'manly', that was my point.

But anyway, here's no 1:

All of those qualities are reasonable. I'm just asking you to see through the machismo bullshit some guys present.
I don't really know any extremely Macho men. My father and my 3 brothers are, I suppose, a *bit* macho, but not irritatingly so.
I think you are talking about the 'redneck' idiot type, and I don't know any.
BTW, I'm English so our idiots are (mostly) unarmed so that's not what they'd brag about.

But anyway, here's no 1:

I don't really know any extremely Macho men. My father and my 3 brothers are, I suppose, a *bit* macho, but not irritatingly so.
I think you are talking about the 'redneck' idiot type, and I don't know any.
BTW, I'm English so our idiots are (mostly) unarmed so that's not what they'd brag about.
You're English?! Damn. I feel like English women especially would get my point. But okay you do I guess if you reject the American "redneck" bullshit.

But anyway, here's no 1:

But anyway, here's no 1:

Hold up now...
I like to fish,hunt,camp,off road in my Tundra and my Polaris and all other means of outdoor fun.
What exactly is machismo about it?

But anyway, here's no 1:

But anyway, here's no 1:

Hold up now...
I like to fish,hunt,camp,off road in my Tundra and my Polaris and all other means of outdoor fun.
Lol well it's lame if you brag about those hobbies and delude yourself into thinking that's what being a man is all about. Don't get me wrong - those hobbies are fine. That isn't the point. Do those things but don't expect anyone to respect you because you do them.

But anyway, here's no 1:

But anyway, here's no 1:

Hold up now...
I think that's living life closer to how we were intended to, instead of being holed up in an office tower block all day, for example. It sounds great

But anyway, here's no 1:

But anyway, here's no 1:

Hold up now...

Nothing. I too like to do some of those things (fishing is boring).

The "machismo" part is bragging about it on the internet, and expecting anyone to be impressed.

But anyway, here's no 1:

But anyway, here's no 1:

Hold up now...
Lol well it's lame if you brag about those hobbies and delude yourself into thinking that's what being a man is all about. Don't get me wrong - those hobbies are fine. That isn't the point. Do those things but don't expect anyone to be respect you because you do them.
Why is it bragging to talk about these things?

But anyway, here's no 1:

But anyway, here's no 1:

Hold up now...
I think that's living life closer to how we were intended to, instead of being holed up in an office tower block all day, for example. It sounds great

I never could understand people who dont like the outdoors.

But anyway, here's no 1:

But anyway, here's no 1:

Hold up now...
Lol well it's lame if you brag about those hobbies and delude yourself into thinking that's what being a man is all about. Don't get me wrong - those hobbies are fine. That isn't the point. Do those things but don't expect anyone to respect you because you do them.
Billy, what are your hobbies?

But anyway, here's no 1:

Hold up now...
Lol well it's lame if you brag about those hobbies and delude yourself into thinking that's what being a man is all about. Don't get me wrong - those hobbies are fine. That isn't the point. Do those things but don't expect anyone to be respect you because you do them.
He is trying to connect those hobbies with being a "real man"z

But anyway, here's no 1:

Hold up now...
There are a lot of outdoor activities I enjoy like camping or whitewater rafting.. My point is, doing those activities doesn't define my masculinity.

Hold up now...

Hold up now...
There are a lot of outdoor activities I enjoy like camping or whitewater rafting.. My point is, doing those activities doesn't define my masculinity.
Thanks. I agree. But if you talked about them I wouldn't think you were bragging.

But anyway, here's no 1:

But anyway, here's no 1:

Hold up now...

I dont give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of me.

Hold up now...

Hold up now...
Thanks. I agree. But if you talked about them I wouldn't think you were bragging.
Well yeah the context of me doing that matters, but in HereWeGoAgain's case, he thinks those activities are what defines his masculinity and I say that's stupid. My thread is why he is talking about them.

But anyway, here's no 1:

Hold up now...

I dont give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of me.
You're the one connecting those hobbies to being a "manly" man.

Forum List

Back