As A Black Person Why Should I Celebrate the 4th of July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country.
No one cares.
If thats true why do people ask me why I dont celebrate the 4th?

Because when they see something really strange and odd they want to know more about it. They want to know if you're someone they should keep their kids away from or if you're basically harmless, albeit a little kooky.
Lots of the people have never seen me before or after so that cant be the reason.

If it's so horrid, why do you stay here, exactly?
If whats so horrid and why do I stay where?

In the U.S.A, where else?
Who told you that I thought the US was horrid? I asked why should celebrate the 4th. Cant you read?
You said so by saying that you don't believe in celebrating the birth of this country.

BTW the slaves were sold by African nations.

If it's so horrid, why do you stay here, exactly?
If whats so horrid and why do I stay where?

In the U.S.A, where else?
Who told you that I thought the US was horrid? I asked why should celebrate the 4th. Cant you read?
You said so by saying that you don't believe in celebrating the birth of this country.

BTW the slaves were sold by African nations.
Thats called an assumption which asses tend to do.

Thanks for explaining why you thought that.

Can anyone give an answer to my question? So far 3 pages in and no one has addressed my question.

Of course nobody's answered your question. Independence Day has nothing to do race and it's pretty obvious that you stress race over nationality.

Were this Colonial times, you probably would have been one of those miscreant individuals who fought for the Redcoats, under their stated promise of "freedom."

So the success you have enjoyed living in the greatest country in the world means nothing, but things that happened hundreds of years ago is what shapes your thoughts and actions every day. I don't understand that at all.
Thats subjective. Who says US is the greatest country in the world and what does that have to do with the 4th specifically?
I say it.

Can anyone give an answer to my question? So far 3 pages in and no one has addressed my question.

Of course nobody's answered your question. Independence Day has nothing to do race and it's pretty obvious that you stress race over nationality.

Were this Colonial times, you probably would have been one of those miscreant individuals who fought for the Redcoats, under their stated promise of "freedom."
Actually I have finally had someone answer the question. Dont get mad at them because you lack the intellect to come up with an answer.

So the success you have enjoyed living in the greatest country in the world means nothing, but things that happened hundreds of years ago is what shapes your thoughts and actions every day. I don't understand that at all.
Thats subjective. Who says US is the greatest country in the world and what does that have to do with the 4th specifically?
I say it.
What made you think your opinion is something I consider valid and again what does that have to do with the 4th?

My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country.
But you are also American even though your Independence was a century later. Perhaps it is still ok to celebrate the 4th.

Don't compare Asscrapias to Benedict Arnold, Benedict Arnold was a traitor indeed, however well into the war he was actually one of the best U.S.A generals, I don't think this "Bro" could be considered as the same "Caliber"

No one cares.

Because when they see something really strange and odd they want to know more about it. They want to know if you're someone they should keep their kids away from or if you're basically harmless, albeit a little kooky.
Lots of the people have never seen me before or after so that cant be the reason.

Have they known you to avoid the fourth?

Don't compare Asscrapias to Benedict Arnold, Benedict Arnold was a traitor indeed, however well into the war he was actually one of the best U.S.A generals, I don't think this "Bro" could be considered as the same "Caliber"

you have some REASON or EVIDENCE for so denigrating our butterfly?

But you are also American even though your Independence was a century later. Perhaps it is still ok to celebrate the 4th.
You dont think its hypocritical to celebrate something your ancestors were denied? I could see if we all celebrated Juneteenth. Thats the real independence day when all americans were free.

No one cares.

Have they known you to avoid the fourth?
Yes. Thats why they asked me.

You dont think its hypocritical to celebrate something your ancestors were denied? I could see if we all celebrated Juneteenth. Thats the real independence day when all americans were free.

My relatives were denied equal rights back then too.-------but I do PICNICS ON THE FOURTH----and toasted marshmallows

No one cares
FYI slavery still exist in Africa
and obama was into human trafficking of illegal children

We pretty much live in a militarized police state. And now they want to build a wall to keep us in.

And we're all slaves to the monetary policy.

As well, black, white, yellow, red, whatever your color, men sent from the government with guns will gun you down in America without losing a seconds worth of sleep about it with the added bonus of paid leave and the comfort of 24/7 hero worship on the tv to justify it.

The only way that humanity will ever transcend and realize that we all bleed red and that this is all that matters is when we finally come to our senses, raise the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Natty C wins the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back