As A Black Person Why Should I Celebrate the 4th of July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country.
No one cares
FYI slavery still exist in Africa
and obama was into human trafficking of illegal children
You care. thats why youre commenting.

My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country.

I can give you one with certainty. be happy you aren't living in Canada.
I love Canada. Well Vancouver. Almost moved there. Still looking for some reasons I should celebrate the 4th though. So far after all these pages I have only got one response. Fun

Let me put it to you this way, ask yourself the question "what other country would I rather be in?" If you cannot come up with an honest answer that you would pack up all your shyte tomorrow to move to, than you should celebrate your liberty today and the fact you are in the best country on earth.

You can't live in the past, you will just rot in your skin, a wasted life. Live for today. What can YOU do in the liberty in America to pursue your dreams whatever they may be?

I want you to really absorb that sentence. You have no idea, how much it eats me up inside knowing all of my dreams, pursuits and passions are crushed in my country of birth. I would gladly, change places, and even skin color, to be free.

You aren't a body with a spirit, you are a spirit with a body. Pursue your passions while you're six feet above ground. Celebrate the fact you HAVE this option. So few do and lose their lives defending, and pursuing this liberty.

No one cares

your accusation against Obama is ABSURD

But you are also American even though your Independence was a century later. Perhaps it is still ok to celebrate the 4th.
You dont think its hypocritical to celebrate something your ancestors were denied? I could see if we all celebrated Juneteenth. Thats the real independence day when all americans were free.

I am a woman. My gender was denied equality and full independence in eyes of the law and culture.

But I am still going to enjoy the 4th. Brave women fought for the rights I now enjoy in my country. I am not going to insult them. Just my opinion.

Saying I dont isnt begging them to ask why. They made that decision because they cared to know.

She was just being polite, since you obviously wanted to talk about it. Trust me, Asclepias, NOBODY CARES.

I love Canada. Well Vancouver. Almost moved there. Still looking for some reasons I should celebrate the 4th though. So far after all these pages I have only got one response. Fun

Let me put it to you this way, ask yourself the question "what other country would I rather be in?" If you cannot come up with an honest answer that you would pack up all your shyte tomorrow to move to, than you should celebrate your liberty today and the fact you are in the best country on earth.

You can't live in the past, you will just rot in your skin, a wasted life. Live for today. What can YOU do in the liberty in America to pursue your dreams whatever they may be?

I want you to really absorb that sentence. You have no idea, how much it eats me up inside knowing all of my dreams, pursuits and passions are crushed in my country of birth. I would gladly, change places, and even skin color, to be free.

You aren't a body with a spirit, you are a spirit with a body. Pursue your passions while you're six feet above ground. Celebrate the fact you HAVE this option. So few do and lose their lives defending, and pursuing this liberty.
There are a couple of spots I'd rather live in, Vancouver being one of them along with a couple of African countries but I dont see how this answers my question?

Saying I dont isnt begging them to ask why. They made that decision because they cared to know.

She was just being polite, since you obviously wanted to talk about it. Trust me, Asclepias, NOBODY CARES.

be not snotty Circe. Holidays are tough for many people for many reasons. January 1 st was almost a day of mourning in my childhood

It must really suck to have to drag around that burdensome modifier "black" wherever you go from day to day. I know it probably doesn't get old to you because that's what you identify with, but it sorta gets old to everyone else who has to hear it over and over again.

You might have missed it, but there was once this guy named "Martin Luther King." He once visualized a country where a person would just be a "person.", regardless of their color. You might take some time out and go to your local library and read up on him. He had some interesting ideas.

#WalkAway
Actually its pretty empowering being Black.

MLK also said he thought he made a mistake trying to integrate with whites. I'm guessing that was kept from you.

I don't see how it's "empowering", being black. After all, you Democrats lost the most important election of your lifetimes.

Now it might be "empowering" to be a Republican or a conservative right now, because we own this shit. But please, don't equate "republican" or "conservative" with "white", because there are plenty of black Republicans and conservatives. We are after all, the ones who held a Civil War to stop slavery, enacted constitutional qualities, and voted for Civil Rights in the 60's.

Your buddies in the Democrat Party fought tooth and nail to prevent those from happening, ya know.
I never asked you to see how it was empowering to be Black. I was just informing you that it was empowering. Now that you have finished deflecting please answer my question.

I'll answer your question with another question:

Are you black or are you an American? If you're an American, then you celebrate being free from the colonialist oppression of British Rule. If you're just "black", then wait for a few months and you can celebrate the phony made-up "holiday" called "Kwanzaa and go vote for your Democratic overlords.

Last edited:
No one cares

your accusation against Obama is ABSURD
Really?
The Obama administration placed immigrant children with human traffickers.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-obama-administration-children-human-traffickers/

I cant trust you because you dont seem to have the intellect to know that if someone asks you about something even when you let them know you'd rather not say then they care about your answer. Trust me Circe. Lots of people care.

Whether you celebrate the 4th or not… You will never be free if you live with unforgiveness.

There are a couple of spots I'd rather live in, Vancouver being one of them along with a couple of African countries but I dont see how this answers my question?

I will help you butterfly. When I was a kid, I celebrated easter with my Christian friends. LOVELY HOLIDAY---not to mention the jelly beans and giant chocolate bunnies. Do you think I was IMPRESSED with the crucifixion and magical RISE AGAIN story?

So you can't bbq, amirite?

You're disqualified from the racial draft for the blacks. :funnyface:

Even crackers can bbq.

Or.................he could just move to Haiti or Liberia.

Could we vote on it?

It must really suck to have to drag around that burdensome modifier "black" wherever you go from day to day. I know it probably doesn't get old to you because that's what you identify with, but it sorta gets old to everyone else who has to hear it over and over again.

You might have missed it, but there was once this guy named "Martin Luther King." He once visualized a country where a person would just be a "person.", regardless of their color. You might take some time out and go to your local library and read up on him. He had some interesting ideas.

#WalkAway

MLK also said he thought he made a mistake trying to integrate with whites. I'm guessing that was kept from you.

I don't see how it's "empowering", being black. After all, you Democrats lost the most important election of your lifetimes.

Now it might be "empowering" to be a Republican or a conservative right now, because we own this shit. But please, don't equate "republican" or "conservative" with "white", because there are plenty of black Republicans and conservatives. We are after all, the ones who held a Civil War to stop slavery, enacted constitutional qualities, and voted for Civil Rights in the 60's.

Your buddies in the Democrat Party fought tooth and nail to prevent those from happening, ya know.
I never asked you to see how it was empowering to be Black. I was just informing you that it was empowering. Now that you have finished deflecting please answer my question.

Are you black or are you an American?
Both. Black American/African American. Now how does that relate to my question?

#WalkAway

Are you black or are you an American?

sheeeesh ???? are those conditions MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE?.
I am short---but like to watch basketball

No one cares
You care. thats why youre commenting.
No, I'm just telling no one cares what you do
What I do care about is your total disregard of slavery that still exist and the human trafficking coming to America through Mexico.

Don't.

Go to McDonald's. Get a fish sandwich.

Go home and watch reruns.

Ain't liberty grand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back