Artists: Another 'Entitlement' Group

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
by Endre Balogh

I must admit that when I first heard about the National Endowment for the Arts conference call to enlist the arts community in propagandizing the White House’s agenda, I was a little mystified as to why it was so controversial. After all, the NEA, through its funding choices, has been actively undermining American values for many years. Way back in 1986 we were treated to the scandal of Andres Serrano getting $15,000 from the NEA for his mediocre photo of a plastic crucifix in his own urine – “Piss Christ.” That is just one of a myriad of egregious examples of NEA funding going to support dubious “art” that functions solely to corrode the fabric of civilized society.

Sure, the NEA gives money to major established arts organizations – symphonies, ballet companies, repertory theater groups, and the like — but that is how they maintain their veneer of staid respectability, all the while promulgating their Leftist, nihilistic agenda through their smaller grants.

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » Artists: Another ‘Entitlement’ Group

please don't post articles in their entirety.- del

Last edited by a moderator:
Who gives a fuck about the NEA?

Another red herring for the right wing. They are a bunch of fucking artists for gods sake.
Who gives a shit?

Who gives a shit?? Everyone SHOULD give a shit when your tax dollars are being distributed to fucking artists, hand over fist....

National Endowment for the Arts' 2010 Budget Submitted
to Congress

Sally Gifford
[email protected]

May 7, 2009

Washington, D.C. – Today, details of the Fiscal Year 2010 budget request for the National Endowment for the Arts were submitted to Congress as part of President Obama's FY 2010 budget. The President's budget requests $161.3 million for the agency

More government waste

Another red herring for the right wing. They are a bunch of fucking artists for gods sake.
Who gives a shit?

Some "rightwinger" you are....more like a "leftwinger" loon....

Don't you realize that Obama is using OUR tax money to create PROPAGANDA via these "artists" for his most glorious self and political goals?

Who gives a shit?

Don't you realize that Obama is using OUR tax money to create PROPAGANDA via these "artists" for his most glorious self and political goals?[/QUOTE]

Hold on a minute, let me put on my tin foil hat..................

Oh My GOD!

Its the Obama propaganda machine run amuk!

Everybody run about..
Everybody scream and shout...

Obama is corrupting our minds through...........ART!

Who gives a shit?

Don't you realize that Obama is using OUR tax money to create PROPAGANDA via these "artists" for his most glorious self and political goals?[/QUOTE]

Oh My GOD!

Everybody run about..

Actually, Obama corrupted your feeble mind with his bullshit promises of "hope" and "change". After all, you were dumb enough to vote for the inept moron!

Did the Bush Administration appropriate funds for the NEA? Did the Republican Congress under Clinton? If you're going to be upset at the odd spending of your Tax dollars, be mad across the board . . . not just at "Obama" and for partisan purposes.

Did the Bush Administration appropriate funds for the NEA? Did the Republican Congress under Clinton? If you're going to be upset at the odd spending of your Tax dollars, be mad across the board . . . not just at "Obama" and for partisan purposes.

I have always been against the government wasteful funding of this BS.. along with much more BS government spending

I did not point this only on Obama or as some DEM or REP thing.. simply that people should be concerned when their tax dollars are going to this shit

I have always been against the government wasteful funding of this BS.. along with much more BS government spending

I did not point this only on Obama or as some DEM or REP thing.. simply that people should be concerned when their tax dollars are going to this shit

Then don't have a guilty conscience. :razz:

Oh My GOD!

Everybody run about..

Actually, Obama corrupted your feeble mind with his bullshit promises of "hope" and "change". After all, you were dumb enough to vote for the inept moron!

"Hope" and "Change' is one thing.....

But ART??? Oh my god...think of the children!!

They will be indoctrinated....INDOCTRINATED I say

Did the Bush Administration get the NEA to create pro-Bush art like the NEA art for Obama?
8580174778_b.jpg

obama-art.jpg

Did the Bush Administration get the NEA to create pro-Bush art like the NEA art for Obama?
8580174778_b.jpg

obama-art.jpg

You're getting mad at inane things here. If Bush also funded them, it doesn't matter what art they created, the funding itself is what's kind of goofy, in my eyes, in-terms of what to use our tax dollars on.

You're hatin' on the player, instead of the game. That fixes nothing.

The NEA has always supported hacks, no talent imbeciles that take a shit and call it art. Why do these clowns insist on promoting the Yoko Onos of the world? This is art!...........

"Art" is a matter of perspective. We're not all supposed to have the same.

Don't you realize that Obama is using OUR tax money to create PROPAGANDA via these "artists" for his most glorious self and political goals?

Wow, you really are this brainwashed, aren't you? If it were up to you conservative boobs, all we would have culture-wise is Olive Gardens, christian rock (an oxymoron right there) and Thomas Kinkade paintings (gag). I'd rather my money go to the NEA than to the fake war in Iraq (ie straight to Hallibruton) and to the rest of the MIC.

You're getting mad at inane things here. If Bush also funded them, it doesn't matter what art they created, the funding itself is what's kind of goofy, in my eyes, in-terms of what to use our tax dollars on.

I think you are missing the point......we have the makings of an actual PROPAGANDA MACHINE here.....

....using the NEA (National Endowment of the Arts).....a FEDERAL AGENCY.....which is being directed by the Administration to create pro-Obama agenda art work...

I think you are missing the point......we have the makings of an actual PROPAGANDA MACHINE here.....

I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit right here. I'll bet you that not one person who created those images you showed are being funded by the NEA. I live in NYC and all my friends are artists and NO ONE gets funding. You have no idea how hard it is for an artist to get a grant from the NEA. You're more apt to win the lottery. I should know. I'm a painter.

....using the NEA (National Endowment of the Arts).....a FEDERAL AGENCY.....which is being directed by the Administration to create pro-Obama agenda art work...

Missing the point seems to be the "art" G.T. excels at.

They will never get it.
Christ, the majority of the lib's on this thread are showing support for our tax paying dollars going to an organization that was caught having a willingness to aid a supposed pimp and prostitute in carrying out the disgusting crimes of abusing and exploiting children.
They're whacked in the head, nothing more. They are the main reason as to why liberals can never be trusted.
Debating with them is akin to debating with pissants. They're stupid. They don't understand. They just go through life with one single mission, filling themselves with as much piss as they can!

GOOD'UN. Naw. Really.

No, I missed no point.

The fact that it's Federally Funded ALWAYS, no matter if it's Obama or whomever, means that it's reasonable to assume that some random fucking artists happened to like Obama and made art of it, regardless of money. Assuming what you're assuming here is conspiratorial, serves nothing, and makes you seem bitter.

Forum List

Back