Obama Passes Out White Hoods..er, Coats

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Good Lord what a laughable excercise in political futility!

Team Obama invites 150 doctors to the White House for a pro-public option photo op and hands them all white coats to wear.

Oy Vey...

____

WASHINGTON -- President Obama yesterday rolled out the red carpet -- and handed out doctors' white coats as well, just so nobody missed his hard-sell health-care message.

In a heavy-handed attempt at reviving support for health-care reform, the White House orchestrated a massive photo op to buttress its claim that front-line physicians support Obama.

PHOTOS: OBAMA'S BOTCHED PHOTO OP

OBAMA LIFTS HEALTH CARE ADDRESS -- FROM HIMSELF

A sea of 150 white-coated doctors, all enthusiastically supportive of the president and representing all 50 states, looked as if they were at a costume party as they posed in the Rose Garden before hearing Obama's pitch for the Democratic overhaul bills moving through Congress.

OOPS! A crowd of 150 doctors gathers in the Rose Garden to support the health-care overhaul -- as White House staffers scramble to hand out camera-ready white coats to those who forgot their own.

The physicians, all invited guests, were told to bring their white lab coats to make sure that TV cameras captured the image.

But some docs apparently forgot, failing to meet the White House dress code by showing up in business suits or dresses.

So the White House rustled up white coats for them and handed them to the suited physicians who had taken seats in the sun-splashed lawn area.

White House's botched 'op'

I don't get your "white hood" reference.

See photos of White House staff passing out the white garments - they look like hoods.

All in all, a total failure.

Also, it appears Obama has changed his teleprompter to a special podium version. That would explain why he looks down so much now when he speaks...

Good Lord what a laughable excercise in political futility!

Team Obama invites 150 doctors to the White House for a pro-public option photo op and hands them all white coats to wear.

Oy Vey...

____

WASHINGTON -- President Obama yesterday rolled out the red carpet -- and handed out doctors' white coats as well, just so nobody missed his hard-sell health-care message.

In a heavy-handed attempt at reviving support for health-care reform, the White House orchestrated a massive photo op to buttress its claim that front-line physicians support Obama.

PHOTOS: OBAMA'S BOTCHED PHOTO OP

OBAMA LIFTS HEALTH CARE ADDRESS -- FROM HIMSELF

A sea of 150 white-coated doctors, all enthusiastically supportive of the president and representing all 50 states, looked as if they were at a costume party as they posed in the Rose Garden before hearing Obama's pitch for the Democratic overhaul bills moving through Congress.

OOPS! A crowd of 150 doctors gathers in the Rose Garden to support the health-care overhaul -- as White House staffers scramble to hand out camera-ready white coats to those who forgot their own.

The physicians, all invited guests, were told to bring their white lab coats to make sure that TV cameras captured the image.

But some docs apparently forgot, failing to meet the White House dress code by showing up in business suits or dresses.

So the White House rustled up white coats for them and handed them to the suited physicians who had taken seats in the sun-splashed lawn area.

White House's botched 'op'
Good thread!
Did you happen to catch the reports on both CNN and FOX this morning where over 40 of the doctors who had been invited had no idea why they had been invited. And that they in no way supported this fiasco of a healthcare plan?
That fiasco yesterday was nothing more than another Obama dog and pony show. And the ignorant libs buy into that shit. Too freakin' funny!

Last edited:
Yep...racial issues where they don't exist. LOL!

You are complaining about seeing racial issues where they don't exist? You?

___

Bingo! Put a white hood reference in the title, and watch the libs scramble to assess the racist intent - while completely missing the ridiculous action of this White House in dressing up these doctors for a blatantly coordinated photo op that fails miserably.

It's almost too easy as to take away any real sport.

Almost...

More reports coming out on this fabricated event...

__

Confirmed: White House Passed Out White Coats To Docs
October, 6, 2009 — nicedeb

astroturf to the end

NOLA.com

Commenters at Big Government, yesterday were skeptical about the sea of white lab coats seen in the audience of the White House lawn for the President’s public option photo op, yesterday.:

•Physicians do NOT wear their labcoats outside of the hospital or office. This is a GOTCHA. I also do NOT know of any of my physician associates who support Obamas health plan.

•I was married to a doctor and spent countless hours around them, and when I saw that picture I just thought “HOLY SH!T I’m living in the new soviet union.”

While I have no doubt that Obama had no trouble finding a flock of single payer doctors to show up for his photo op, I do think it’s funny that the White House was desperate enough to pass out white lab coats to make the photo op perfectly-perfect.

A sea of 150 white-coated doctors, all enthusiastically supportive of the president and representing all 50 states, looked as if they were at a costume party as they posed in the Rose Garden before hearing Obama’s pitch for the Democratic overhaul bills moving through Congress.

‘You look very spiffy in your coats.’ Obama told the group of doctors after his aides had handed out a great many of them. :)

Confirmed: White House Passed Out White Coats To Docs « Nice Deb

Yep...racial issues where they don't exist. LOL!

You are complaining about seeing racial issues where they don't exist? You?

___

Bingo! Put a white hood reference in the title, and watch the libs scramble to assess the racist intent - while completely missing the ridiculous action of this White House in dressing up these doctors for a blatantly coordinated photo op that fails miserably.

It's almost too easy as to take away any real sport.

Almost...
You fucked up, no big deal. Yes, giving the doctors white coats is stupid and something to make fun of...making your thread title racial is even stupider, IMO.

Not sure I see the big friggin deal. The White House has an agenda that they want to pass. As a part of promoting that agenda, they want the picture to be clearly "Doctors," and so they feel it would be most clearly pronounced with the lab-coats. Many Doctors forgot their coats, so they were provided.

Is this really something to giggle at though? I mean, I can see why you might think it's silly, but it's not really all that out of whack from reality.

And the hoods reference: Uncalled for, TBH.

Not sure I see the big friggin deal. The White House has an agenda that they want to pass. As a part of promoting that agenda, they want the picture to be clearly "Doctors," and so they feel it would be most clearly pronounced with the lab-coats. Many Doctors forgot their coats, so they were provided.

Is this really something to giggle at though? I mean, I can see why you might think it's silly, but it's not really all that out of whack from reality.

And the hoods reference: Uncalled for, TBH.

____

A bogus staged photo op from a group of Pro-Obama supporters - not an honest cross-section of medical professionals.

And to add insult to honesty's injury, these doctors are then all dressed alike in their White House provided lab coats and the president comes out and states how spiffy they look in their lab coats.

An utter failure that will only diminish the credibility of this White House even further...

Forum List

Back