CDZ Artificial Intelligence-assisted meritocracy

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by there4eyeM, Jul 22, 2018.

1. sparky

sparky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,942
    methinks your concept is already well on it's way to fruition 4IM.....>

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. there4eyeM

there4eyeM unlicensed metaphysician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,507
    Robots probably wouldn't have much to do with it, but the associated machine logic will.
    in fact, "artificial intelligence" doesn't really strike me as a very good term. It implies too much while defining too little. A friend very highly placed in the field says he doesn't see machines being able to fully function as a human can in regards to learning, inferring and intuition, etc. He does, however, have complete confidence that even present "a.i." will make huge contributions to productivity.

3. sparky

sparky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,942
    So i need to ask, isn't the advancement of 'AI' predicated on it's ability to dicern , to parse out, to be able to think conceptually?

Think about it 4eyeM, there so much sh*t circulating about zygotes being aware, having a SOUL for religmos to save

WTF are we going to do when some piece of machinery assumes such regard?

~S~

4. there4eyeM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,507
    You seem to be speaking as if "a.i." were not a cat already far out of the bag. It certainly isn't just going to stop. Of course, you are correct that human will anthropomorphize as they do with animals, but the creation will not pass its creator. On the contrary, if the creator, we humans, use our own natural abilities fully, these artificial aids will only enhance existence.

5. sparky

sparky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,942
    But that's the kicker 4eyeM

How many sci fi flicks portray the ascention of AI, along with the inevitable conflict with lowly humans?

Yeah, it's all just sci-fi.....b.b.b.b.but.....

[​IMG]

6. there4eyeM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,507
    Sorry, apparently, my posts have not been clear enough. Robots and autonomous systems are not the subject and are of no interest.
    The subject is meritocratic humans aided by "a.i." entities; logarithms, programs, information crunching, jurisprudence histories, precedents, etc.
    No killing is involved.

7. sparky

sparky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,942
    Ok, my bad the 4eyeM

but i feel i must point out the term just a tad oxymoronish ,as humans have never subscribed to a meritocray ,mostly feigned it's potential , while getting a leg up on those that buy into it.

So implying AI ascending to be humanities moral compass would be (jmho) assuming they've evolved to be aware of humainties incessant moral turpitude

This is where i have to wonder how stark misanthophy would factor in....?

Am i on track?

~S~

8. Leo123

Leo123 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,269
    Government should be confused because when government is efficient it screws We The People. That's why the Founders put the three branches at odds with each other. America is not a pure Democracy. An example of a pure Democracy.......5 people.....4 men and 1 woman. The men vote to rape the woman. Not good for the woman.

9. there4eyeM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,507
    Democracy was a good idea compared to the dominant forms of kingdoms and empires. With new means and ideas at our disposal, we can attain an 'ûberdemokratie'. Public participation could be just as great or greater than at present, with direct input rather than by the filter of eternally campaigning 'representatives' who only represent their own interests. No sacrifice of individual liberties would be necessary and quite the opposite would be possible.

10. there4eyeM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,507
    This type of governmental revolution should and will happen. It will be better for all humankind.