Arrow-Leatherface: Capitalism Apocrypha(?)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a capitalism-treatise involving Green Arrow (DC Comics super-archer) and Leatherface (chainsaw-wielding psycho from Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror-films) and their 'place' in new age populism dialogue.

I think politics can be colourful, which makes me feel better about TrumpUSA.

Signing off,

eagle.jpg

====

Ajay Satan was an Ivy League graduate, Internet-blogger, and sabbatical-working Christian minister who made a child-like stick-figure cartoonish doodle of DC Comics' Green Arrow (a democracy-defending super-archer) and Leatherface (fictional chainsaw-wielding cannibal from iconic horror-film series The Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Ajay wanted to pit Arrow (Oliver Queen) against the maniacal chainsaw-wielding Leatherface (Thomas Hewitt). Ajay posted his doodle on US Message Board with the special caveat --- "This drawing suggests mass-marketed cartoons/comics comprise a conveniently accessible pedestrian art!" Nevertheless, he insisted Americans should sincerely care about an archer tackling a terrorist/criminal.

arrow1.JPG

Artists were sensitive to this new tend in mass-marketed art in the modern media. This art catered to political cartoon oriented sarcasm and social dialogue as well as bravado-avatars and fantasy intelligence realms. Art was no longer Mona Lisa; it was now MTV and Popeye. Everything was more 'graphic.' Green Arrow (DC Comics) and Leatherface (American horror-cinema) were fine examples of a pedestrian fascination with populism-intrigue politics --- e.g., "Should neighborhoods invest in local watches/patrols endorsed by the police?" Arrow was a vigilante reminding fans of super-cops such as Eliot Ness, while Leatherface was a basic maniac, reminding people of the horrors of Hitler's Germany and Manson's Counter-Culture. That's what Ajay wanted to exploit/sell.

arrow5.jpg

After it was known that the greatest anathema of modern civilization was industrialization-related mishandled toxic-waste (e.g., unfiled/undetected by the EPA), Ajay decided to write short-stories about TrumpUSA involving Green Arrow and Leatherface fighting each other in a symbolic city-dump. The city would be Metropolis and the dump/junkyard would represent a modern paranoia about the misunderstood consequences of untampered industrialization and the vain development of confounding machinery. Ajay's TrumpUSA fables titled Arrow v Leatherface captured America's fascination with pedestrian prose and everyday criticisms of civilization. Was this free-speech?

arrow4.jpg

Ajay made an audiobook recording of his short-stories and copies on many tapes to sell in special Christmas gift-packages that came with postcard prints of his stick-figure doodle of Arrow v Leatherface(!). The Christmas gift-packages were sent to American super-celebrities Tom Hanks and Ben Affleck as well as comic book/fantasy film actresses Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter. Ajay claimed his Arrow v Leatherface 'franchise' represented a civilian focus on new age civics-consciousness and superstition-folklore. Two days after the very warm reception of the gifts following New Year's Eve, Ajay was assassinated. The newspapers wrote, "At least we have his tapes."

arrow6.jpg

GOD: I don't think we should romanticize/ornament capitalism theory.
SATAN: Why? Don't you like Oliver Stone's Wall Street?
GOD: I like School Ties and Glengarry Glen Ross.
SATAN: You prefer 'classic' models of social leadership...
GOD: I like the concept of 'commercial diplomacy.'
SATAN: It's challenging marketing toys with a straight face.
GOD: Toys represent widespread imagination...
SATAN: However, war-toys often remind kids of the problems of civilization.
GOD: I suppose; it does seem though that water-guns dissuade violence!
SATAN: Yes, water-guns are light-hearted, because they're element-activity.
GOD: Maybe we should praise the Energizer Bunny.
SATAN: Never underestimate the social esteem of marketing mascots.
GOD: I like the Lucky Charms cereal leprechaun-mascot.
SATAN: I like the Notre Dame college-football team Irish leprechaun-mascot.
GOD: Notre Dame has a prominent yearly broadcasting contract with NBC.
SATAN: Yes, audiences/consumers tune into Notre Dame games every Saturday.
GOD: Do you think Ajay's Arrow v Leatherface 'franchise' represents government?
SATAN: I think it's deceptively patriotic and reminiscent of Patrick Henry.
GOD: Let's hope the media promotes a lot of capitalism-oriented wishful-thinking.
SATAN: Let's watch Celebrity (Woody Allen) on Netflix!

u1.jpg

====

:dance:

d2.jpg

Forum List

Back