Arrested for Possession of an Imaginary Gun

Because he has the capacity to understand that he must not point weapons, imaginary or not, at others.

Because he has been counseled several times already for such incidents.

Because he has the capacity to understand that he must not point weapons, imaginary or not, at others.

The State and Federal Governments have the duty to protect those that have diminished capabilities. The child did not present a clear danger to himself or others by pointing his finger. What you posted flies in the face of the accepted norm for the care and treatment of those with this sort of disability and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Pop23, you are entitled to your opinion, no matter, how in light of the narrative, that you are wrong.

You are quarreling to quarrel.

All of that had been done before, and the kid did not learn

That wasn't in the article and he had never been put into another school before.

Cuffing him and treating him like a common criminal solved nothing.

He broke no laws he acted up in school since when is that an arrest-able offense?

pismoe has the gist of it: intimidation. If that helps the kid adjust to a world already difficult for him so that he does not get hurt, then, good.
And if it only harbors more distrust and resentment of people what good does it do?

The alt right are in the dust crying and weeping and yelling "nuh uh." :)
This has nothing to do with politics you idiot.
It sure does, in part. The school was right in how the incident was handled, you and your partners are wrong. Just the way it is.
And what does that have to do with political party unless of course you are implying that the left thinks handcuffing little kids is just fine and the right thinks that other disciplinary actions would be more proper considering the age, mental status of the child and the severity of the offense
Tell me what should happen to a child who brings a plastic butter knife into school? Perhaps a felony conviction for a dangerous weapon and 10 years in juvenile detention?

A finger is not a weapon real or imaginary. Any adult who is too stupid to know that is too stupid to be teaching children and is almost as stupid as other adults who think a child should be arrested for pointing a loaded finger at someone

You can argue all you want, like the child, and you are both wrong.

Don't do what you have been with reason told not to do.

You can argue all you want, like the child, and you are both wrong.

Don't do what you have been with reason told not to do.

Since when are 12 year old autistic kids able to reason like adults?

Tell me how many times have you done what you were told not to do?

And how many of those times when you did do what you were told not to do were you hauled off in handcuffs and thrown in jail?

From what i can see in the article there was no other disciplinary actions taken. The kid wasn't given detention, wasn't suspended. wasn't moved to another school until after they slapped the cuffs on him.

Seems these idiots just jumped to the last resort.

And why won't you answer my question as to how long a prison sentence we should give the kid who brought that dangerous plastic butter knife to school?

At least a plastic butter knife is real. It could have been a more dangerous imaginary butterknife. Or worse, an imaginary machete.

People, children and adults should be able to point imaginary weapons at anyone.

You are not the expert in this matter, are you?

If not, then quit exposing your ignorance on the issue.

Are you the expert?

No you are not.

Are the idiots at the school experts?

Their actions seem to contradict that.

And FYI I worked for quite a few years while I was in college in group homes for autistic adolescents and the developmentally disabled.

How many years of experience do you have with that population?

I can tell you that if I did what those idiots in the school did I would have gone to jail not the autistic kid

I am, although maybe not an expert on the ADA (not sure anyone is as it is an evolving statute), but I am well schooled on including hours and hours of professional course work.

What's your point?

Pop23 and SP say they know better than the experts. No matter how many hours Pop may have they are not in the field. I learned as a school board member and then president to listen to those who do know.

That is not Pop23 or Pilot.

Pop23 and SP say they know better than the experts. No matter how many hours Pop may have they are not in the field. I learned as a school board member and then president to listen to those who do know.

That is not Pop23 or Pilot.

Is that why I've been called in by School Boards to advise of matters related to the ADA?

Do go on.

Forum List

Back