army has been downsized prepare for draft day

The us army has been down graded to about 500000 ground troops. Generals all generals and secratary
Of defenses are saying that's dangerous low. Heard them saying next big war isis could bring back draft if it goes from air campaign to ground invasion.

I'm usually one to blow this off and say it won't happen, but Obama and the sequester could without question make this reality very soon with next president.

What do you think?
That this is among the more moronic post hoc fallacies posted here, and that's quite a trick.

Well done.

The us army has been down graded to about 500000 ground troops. Generals all generals and secratary
Of defenses are saying that's dangerous low. Heard them saying next big war isis could bring back draft if it goes from air campaign to ground invasion.

I'm usually one to blow this off and say it won't happen, but Obama and the sequester could without question make this reality very soon with next president.

What do you think?
That this is among the more moronic post hoc fallacies posted here, and that's quite a trick.

Well done.

You have a problem with it then you should be smart enough to explain why. I've proven I can hold my own. Start with post #20.

What do you think?
I think any military operation involving over 250,000 troops, or lasting more than 90 days, should trigger a draft.

Men AND women should be registered.

The misuse of the volunteer army is one of the saddest pages in American history.

The 9-11 volunteers were sent to Iraq and Afghanistan two, three and four times.

What a fucking disgrace.

Bingo!.

"Were armies to be raised whenever a speck of war is visible in our horizon, we never should have been without them. Our resources would have been exhausted on dangers which have never happened, instead of being reserved for what is really to take place"
-- Thomas Jefferson; from 6th State of the Union Address (Dec. 2, 1806)

"the Romans fought for Empire. The Pride of that haughty people was to domineer over the rest of Mankind. But this is not our Object."
-- Samuel Adams; from letter to Alexander McDougall (May, 13, 1782)

"each generation should be made to bear the burden of its own wars, instead of carrying them on, at the expence of other generations... that each generation should not only bear its own burdens, but that the taxes composing them, should include a due proportion of such as by their direct operation keep the people awake, along with those, which being wrapped up in other payments, may leave them asleep, to misapplications of their money."
-- James Madison; from 'Universal Peace' (February 2, 1792)

Last edited:
We have a problem when the current army troops are going in for 3-4 terms, due to lack of army troops. I fully believe a draft is inevitable and when they complete their terms they will be paid for it and get free schooling and our nation will be better and smarter, because of it. I have no problem with it, but then again I'm not between the ages of 18-25. I'm 28.

You can still sign up at 28.

We have a problem when the current army troops are going in for 3-4 terms, due to lack of army troops. I fully believe a draft is inevitable and when they complete their terms they will be paid for it and get free schooling and our nation will be better and smarter, because of it. I have no problem with it, but then again I'm not between the ages of 18-25. I'm 28.

There is no justification or need for a draft. A draft gives you quantity not quality of forces. Todays military does not need massive numbers, what it needs are qualified and motivated troops who can do a mission.

There is no justification or need for a draft. A draft gives you quantity not quality of forces. Todays military does not need massive numbers, what it needs are qualified and motivated troops who can do a mission.
Yes there is. Everybody In it has already done 3 to 4 tours. Time for someone else.

With a draft, the wave of 9-11 volunteers would not have been sent back 2-4 tours, until they were just plain used up.

The fallacy of this thread is that it equates U.S. military might troop numbers. It's the stupidest way to evaluate the military's actual might.

What do you think?

I think you should stop soiling your Fruit of the Looms and relax.

What do you think?
Why a draft? obama has no problem allowing illegals in America that is where he'll find the people to supply the military.

With a draft, the wave of 9-11 volunteers would not have been sent back 2-4 tours, until they were just plain used up.

Actually, had we not invaded Iraq, for which we had no justification for, we would have had plenty of soldiers for Afghanistan without requiring multiple deployments.

What do you think?

I think you should stop soiling your Fruit of the Looms and relax.
I'm too old to be drafted. So I'm very relaxed. :)

Any idiot poster that can't respond to this and chooses not to knows we are correct.

Yes there is. Everybody In it has already done 3 to 4 tours. Time for someone else.

A bigger threat is the lack of qualified volunteers. Compared to 50 years ago, our teens are fat, lazy and lack leadership skills. They are best suited to shoot em up video games

Personally, I'd like to see us go back to a universal draft, no exemptions. If you're fat, that Drill Sergeant will get you into shape.

I think if everyone's kids would have to participate in a war, you'd have less enthusiasm for wars "someone else' has to fight. (that someone else usually being a poor kid who was promised a college tuition that never materializes.)

We dropped the draft because people start questioning the war or wars. If the war is goofy, it leads to people-protests not only against the war but against the draft. Vietnam our latest example. With volunteers the nation has a free hand.

With a draft, the American people begin to get involved; their sons are being put into the military. If the nation begins a questionable war, mama and papas begin to question the purpose of the war itself. Drafts are not a good thing for playing war. With a volunteer military, however, the response is "Well you volunteered."

Forum List

Back