Arklow the Alien: Trump Discology

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Modern science-fiction differs from that of the past in that it explores more eerie characters/themes such as regenerating predatory creatures (e.g., Leviathan), unwanted machine realities (e.g., The Matrix, Ghost in the Machine), and extreme mutations (e.g., The Fly, X-Men: Apocalypse).

This new 'aesthetic' in science-fiction caters to more outlandish characters and fantasies and perhaps reflects unusual modernism-related 'fears' reflective of 'tense' scientific developments/frontiers/realities such as genetic cloning, virtual reality, and machine-dependency.

In yesteryear, we saw media such as 2001 and The Outer Limits which reflected the concerns of that earlier era (e.g., emergence of the Information Age, SETI, etc.), but new 'achievements' (e.g., electronic voting, Internet hackers/viruses, etc.) of recent times are imprinted in new kinds of empirical media/storytelling such as Gattaca, Hackers, and K-PAX.

This 'eerie' new vibe invites us to a new realm of the human imagination, which I think is rather conducive to the 'disposable-culture features' (e.g., Facebook) of our consumerism-oriented 'TrumpUSA.'

I think this explains the new age pedestrian interest in 'intelligentsia-voyeurism monuments' such as the Epcot Center and the Smithsonian Channel.

====

President Trump commissioned a special quartet of Americans to board a special new shuttle headed to Venus to make contact with a mysterious alien species that sent a communication signal to the NASA base on Earth. Trump's team, known as the Arklow Four, were sent to Venus to meet an alien named Arklow who claimed he aliased himself after the winning horse of the American Turf Stakes premlinary race at the Kentucky Derby and wanted to cordially invite humans to discuss mathematics, chance, gambling, sports, and genetics! The Arklow Four were two men (a movie-star and an Arabian prince) and two women (a young senator and a supermodel). The Arklow Four represented the best of 'TrumpUSA' and were meant to send the message to Arklow the alien that humanity was very intelligently focused on the population demographics of consumerism-intuition (e.g., Starbucks, Hollywood, European Union, Facebook, etc.).

When the Arklow Four landed on Venus, they met the alien Arklow, who was a giant humanoid (rather sleek-looking) attached to an array of rubber and metal chords and devices which fed him energy, pinning him to a 'self-feeding' life-sustaining wall. Arklow carried a shiny metal sword and had two green lanterns which gave off bioluminescence. The Arklow Four were impressed and startled simultaneously and wanted to know how the alien evolved the way he did, and Arklow explained, "I'm a creature of synthesis and a student of organic chemistry and metallurgy." The Arklow Four took pictures of the Venus-dweller to take back to NASA. When they boarded their shuttle, Arklow ominously told them, "Remember to tell your species about the apparent harmlessness of my luminescence!" As the Arklow Four took off, Arklow the alien licked his lips, sneered, and whispered, "Now, I'm ready to transform Earth into an 'illusion playground'." Mostly, Arklow despised Starbucks and demonized humanity for it!

====

arklow.jpg

Forum List

Back