drive
join the military
buy a firearm
get a drink
buy cigs
rent
buy a plane ticket

but it's anti freedom to dems to need one to vote

Pardon me while I sit an wonder at the level of hypocrassy needed to jungle that

You don’t understand.

Requiring a voter to provide documents, including a state-issued photo ID, when first registering to vote is perfectly appropriate and acceptable, and no one is arguing against that.

But subsequent to that, when the lawfully registered voter goes to vote, to require one to again provide a state-issued ID each and every time he votes, absent any evidence that voter is in fact attempting to commit fraud, manifest an undue burden on his right to vote.

What an unmitigated, but well worded, load of lies and utter non-sense.

I take note that you do not care that our other rights are trampled.

Party line before freedom.

Tim Fox isn't a federal judge, he's a county judge.

A liberal judge I imagine. Not too sure a county judge can speak for the entire state.

This doesn’t make any sense.

Judges rule in accordance with the Constitution and its case law, they don’t ‘speak for the state.’

And this judge’s ruling is consistent with voting rights jurisprudence:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/18/us/politics/pennsylvania-voter-id-law-struck-down.html

Federal Judge Strikes Down Wisconsin Voter ID Law - ABC News

Judges speak for states all the time. How many states have voted against gay marriage just to have a federal judge overrule a vote by the people of that state?

I need photo ID to;

drive
join the military
buy a firearm
get a drink
buy cigs
rent
buy a plane ticket

Pardon me while I sit an wonder at the level of hypocrassy needed to jungle that

You don’t understand.

Requiring a voter to provide documents, including a state-issued photo ID, when first registering to vote is perfectly appropriate and acceptable, and no one is arguing against that.

But subsequent to that, when the lawfully registered voter goes to vote, to require one to again provide a state-issued ID each and every time he votes, absent any evidence that voter is in fact attempting to commit fraud, manifest an undue burden on his right to vote.

Now ... apply your sense of "logic" to purchasing a gun or getting a printout of your driving record from the DMV.

they love it when judges overturn something they like

but let it be on homosexual marriage or something like that...

One person, one vote.

Identify and acknowledge the person, register the vote.

Beats the hell out of dead people votes.
But WHY do States keep DEAD PEOPLE on the voter rolls in both republican and democratic governed states...except Massachusetts that is....they had a great system, to verify voters and where they are suppose to vote....each year they sent us registered voters a post card to sign and mail back to them, verifying we still lived at the same address...then they sent this info to the polls....your name was removed from your voting place, if you did not send the card back....

sure, this cost the State money to do this every year....but it surely helped keep things straight....

At the polls, as a registered voter, all I had to do when going to vote in my town, was tell the lady my name, then she asked me for my address, then she asked me what Party I was registered under, then if I answered the questions correctly, she asked me to sign the roster...no ID of any kind was required and no cases of voter fraud where someone came in and voted in your spot ever happening....and no dead people voting and no voting in 2 precincts.... it was a pretty safe system...this was a decade ago and I believe they might have changed the process since then... ?

One person, one vote.

Identify and acknowledge the person, register the vote.

Beats the hell out of dead people votes.

Signatures have worked for 200 years

Everyone has a signature, not everyone has an ID

I need photo ID to;

drive
join the military
buy a firearm
get a drink
buy cigs
rent
buy a plane ticket

You don’t understand.

And there's the rub, the part that Conservatives don't want to understand.

I am FOR voter-ID, have always been, but the ID system must be uniform and fair.

It's really that simple.

I need photo ID to;

drive
join the military
buy a firearm
get a drink
buy cigs
rent
buy a plane ticket

I'm not surprised you can't understand why this judge did what he did. This has nothing to do with having a photo ID. Nobody's against picture ID. Hell i think we should have a NATIONAL ID. It's got to do with why it's being required and when.
Do you know why this is?

I do, you don't, if you did, you would't ask that question.

It is not hard to prove who you are, it really isn't, dems made this about race b/c they lack honesty.

You are one of the most dishonest people here, so you know how welcome your actions are on the left.

How am I dishonest? Everything I post on here is easily verified. Perhaps you're scared of me?

As far as the voter IDS as I said I have no problem with them if they're free and alternate proofs of birth are allowed.

Arkansas judge rules voter ID law unconstitutional | Reuters

An Arkansas judge ruled unconstitutional for the second time in about a week a new law requiring voters to show a photo ID, but said on Friday there was not enough time to prevent officials from applying the law at primary elections this month.

Pulaski County Circuit Court Judge Tim Fox said he was staying his order because to do otherwise would create "turmoil" in thousands of precincts. Last week, he said the law was "void and unenforceable."

Nearly three dozen U.S. states have voter identification measures, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Many Republicans have maintained that the laws are aimed at preventing voter fraud, but several Democrats dismiss the claim, saying no such problem exists and the measures are actually a way of trying to prevent low-income people and minorities, who typically vote for the Democrats, from casting ballots.
Maybe its still possible that we could still have a few legal and honest elections.
yeah, who cares. As soon as another President is elected, he or she can begin ignoring that ruling and requiring ID's to vote.

Just takes and Executive Order these days.

Sorry libs...but you live and die by the stances you take.

I'm not surprised you can't understand why this judge did what he did. This has nothing to do with having a photo ID. Nobody's against picture ID. Hell i think we should have a NATIONAL ID. It's got to do with why it's being required and when.
Do you know why this is?

I do, you don't, if you did, you would't ask that question.

It is not hard to prove who you are, it really isn't, dems made this about race b/c they lack honesty.

You are one of the most dishonest people here, so you know how welcome your actions are on the left.

How am I dishonest? Everything I post on here is easily verified. Perhaps you're scared of me?

As far as the voter IDS as I said I have no problem with them if they're free and alternate proofs of birth are allowed.

please list any id that is free

you BC cost
your dl cost
your ssn cost

aside from that :lmao:

you are one of the most dishonest "people" here

I need photo ID to;

drive
join the military
buy a firearm
get a drink
buy cigs
rent
buy a plane ticket

You don’t understand.

I am FOR voter-ID, have always been, but the ID system must be uniform and fair.

It's really that simple.

define fair is this context

You don’t understand.

It's really that simple.

define fair is this context

gladly.

Same voter ID rules for every citizen:

a form of voter ID that is valid and does not cut off on part of the population, like driver's licenses. Many elderly people do not drive any more. This is why many states allow for multiple forms of ID, which is a good idea.

No need to require people who have already voted and obtained a voter ID from the state to have to purchase one the next year - which is the problem with the AR voter id law.

I want absolutely 0% voter fraud. I am FOR voter ID.

Germany has an easy and effective system for voter ID, works like a charm.

you BC cost
your dl cost
your ssn cost

you are one of the most dishonest "people" here[/QUOTE]

Oh. I get "it". English isn't your first language. I bolded and made a little larger the part above you didn't comprehend.

Therein lies the problem. Many people don't have a birth certificate. Lots of older people were born to midwifes, their birth may have, at most, been recorded in a journal. Others are adopted. Others are too poor to even afford the cost of an ID, be it birth certificate, drivers license, or whatever. (I'm ignoring the social security card because that's not a photo ID and is free) Others lack the transportation back and forth to get an ID.

Additionally, one of the tricks used by the right to disenfranchise voters is limiting the time to get ID, which is why this law was ruled unconstitutional.

There's thousands of reasons why a person can't get ID. Just because you can doesn't mean they can.

And, again. I'm far from dishonest - as I stated before, I don't post anything on this forum that's not true - but you are indeed 100% stupid.

Ymit9uG.gif

You're asking that a government entity provide a service without charging a fee?

You DO know there is no such thing as free, right?

Who doesn't have ID?
It is impossible to participate in society without some sort of ID.
If they're not participating in society what are they voting for? Free shit?
Fuck em

You're asking that a government entity provide a service without charging a fee?

Who doesn't have ID?
Fuck em

People participate in society all the time without PHOTO ID.

Who doesn't have ID?
Fuck em

Who, exactly?

`

Who doesn't have ID?
Fuck em

Who, exactly?

`

Try reading my posts.

you BC cost
your dl cost
your ssn cost

you are one of the most dishonest "people" here

Oh. I get "it". English isn't your first language. I bolded and made a little larger the part above you didn't comprehend.

Therein lies the problem. Many people don't have a birth certificate. Lots of older people were born to midwifes, their birth may have, at most, been recorded in a journal. Others are adopted. Others are too poor to even afford the cost of an ID, be it birth certificate, drivers license, or whatever. (I'm ignoring the social security card because that's not a photo ID and is free) Others lack the transportation back and forth to get an ID.

Additionally, one of the tricks used by the right to disenfranchise voters is limiting the time to get ID, which is why this law was ruled unconstitutional.

There's thousands of reasons why a person can't get ID. Just because you can doesn't mean they can.

And, again. I'm far from dishonest - as I stated before, I don't post anything on this forum that's not true - but you are indeed 100% stupid.

Ymit9uG.gif
[/QUOTE]

People can't get to a place to get an id. < that's a lie, no one is so isolated they can't get to an ID, and if they can't, they are to isolated to vote

midwives? :lol:

Can't afford it? < another lie, id's are cheap

See how dumb and dishonest you are?

Forum List

Back