Arizona successfully kidnaps Shoar kids from Nevada after Judge terminates parental rights

Their children’s screams still haunt Jeff and Tabitha Shoars’ dreams, and echoes of the laughter that once filled their home brings the couple to tears on a daily basis.

AUDIO MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN!

Where you at, bitch?
Disir

I'm right here you twisted little fucknut.

Nah, you don't to talk lie you're something, bitch. You insisted on proof and then said didn't say shit when your sorry little ass got served.

English. Do you speak it?

I have seen nothing that indicates CPS is getting a bonus for taking people's kids.

Who says their bonus has to be monetary? If nothing else, those sadistic fucks are getting off on terrorizing kids in the middle of the night.

The couple, who regularly attend Central Church of God, admits their family doesn’t have a lot of money, but they also say they’ve never deprived their children of basic necessities. They had been living in both sides of a duplex on Eastway Drive for six years. They think that their problems began when it became obvious that repairs were needed and Jack moved his family to the smaller unit of the building until he could complete the repairs.

The scene was understandably chaotic, with a dozen people living in one-half of a duplex. But the Strattons say it was safe. Nonetheless, the scene must have aroused scrutiny from neighbors, because someone placed an anonymous phone call to the Department of Youth and Family Services, and DYFS officials visited the Stratton home on Dec. 19, 2000. In Kathy Stratton’s words, it was a nightmare.

“It was at the worst possible time,” she lamented. “It’s like when your hair is up in rollers and company comes to visit!”

DYFS reported that the children were “extremely dirty, unkempt, inappropriately dressed for the conditions. One child appeared to be blind or otherwise physically handicapped. One child also has diabetes. Some of the children appear to have some speech impediments.”

But that isn’t the way Kathy Stratton remembers tells the story.

Kathy Stratton said that when DYFS came to visit, the children were still in their pajamas. She instructed them to dress quickly and run next door to their grandmother’s house. Her six girls and four boys, between the ages of one and 16, scrambled to pull on clothes. But as children sometimes do, they grabbed the first thing available, thinking nothing of the weather. The result was a hodgepodge of spring and winter clothing.

Explanations for the children’s clothing and the duplex’s ongoing repairs went unheard.

The report further stated: “there was nothing in the home to indicate the children were being educated at home.” But Kathy homeschooled her children and kept all her school supplies stored in a cabinet the social workers never bothered to look in.And I bet they didn't ask.

DYFS officials did get one thing right in their report. One child does suffer from diabetes. But none of the children is blind and only one child has a speech impediment. The Strattons believe that these allegations were made to make it easier for their children to be taken from them, and because the DYFS’s ability to place “special needs” children in permanent adoptive homes could ultimately result in significant financial incentives for the state. (See sidebar.)

Regardless of the inaccuracies, the report was written and, as Kathy Stratton says, “rubber-stamped” in court.

The DYFS report made another allegation that the Strattons deny: “[T]here appeared to be an extraordinary control by the father over the family” and “due to the father’s demeanor and the workers’ concern for their safety, the police were called.”

Again, Jack Stratton’s version of the story is very different.

“I came out the door. It was real cold and it was sleeting. I told them I was afraid because I knew of [the Department of Social Services] and they have a lot of power,” he said.

According to Jack Stratton, the DYFS supervisor grew hostile because the Strattons wouldn’t let her see their children. The police were called and once they arrived, Jack agreed to let his children meet the social workers, but only as a group. Jack said the social workers asked to interview the children individually behind closed doors but he refused, fearing they would be strip-searched.

But in spite of the scene that day – the sleet, the ongoing construction, and the presence of the police -- DYFS officials didn’t take the children that day, something Jack feels supports his case.

“If it was a dangerous situation they would have taken them that night,” he said.

The family moved to a log cabin in Gaston County and lived there six weeks, with Jack going to work every day and Kathy teaching their children at home. But according to Jack, DYFS officials tapped his cousin’s telephone line and eventually found the Strattons. On Jan. 30, 2001, despite the inaccuracies in the original report, all ten Stratton children were taken from their parents and placed in foster homes.

That was the beginning of their nightmare. Since then, the Strattons and their children have been subjected to numerous psychological and medical evaluations and home visits. At first the couple was eager to comply with DYFS officials and any of Judge Miller’s orders, thinking it would be one step closer to having their children returned home. But when DYFS began canceling the last examination in a series of tests and even prescribing new rounds of testing, the couple grew suspicious and soon began thinking that DYFS spoke with empty promises.What series of tests and what others were they prescribing?

“They weren’t going to give us our children back,” said Kathy.

Jack’s worst fears were realized in mid-June when one of his sons told him he’d been attacked in a foster home and sexually assaulted. According to Jack, he reported the incident immediately to DYFS official Sherry Glenn but only after threatening a lawsuit was his son redirected to another home. According to Jake Jacobsen, Jr., Director of DYFS, the law requires that a child abuse case be screened and investigated within 24 hours after it is first reported. But DYFS officials waited eight days before taking the boy in for a medical examination.

Glenn refused to speak about this case and referred questions to DYFS attorney Tyrone Wade, who could not be reached by press time.

The more the Strattons fought to protect their children, the more resistance they met. On June 27, the couple saw their children in a supervised visit for the last time. They have not been allowed to see them since then and have had to rely on the children calling them sporadically at their home for any contact – which motivated them to record the unusual phone greeting on their answering machine.

Another roadblock for the Strattons is the couples’ religious conviction against immunizing their children. When they discovered that DYFS officials had begun vaccinating their children, they cried foul. According to Jack, his oldest son, after resisting a shot was chased down and vaccinated against his will. Jack attempted to seek redress in court, but he soon learned that DYFS officials weren’t all that stood between he and his children.

Jack stated his religious exemption on June 28 before Judge Miller, but five days later, the judge ordered that the vaccinations should continue. Jack appealed, which should have stopped the vaccinations temporarily, but they continued. Without the knowledge of their court-appointed attorney, whose help they feel was useless, the Strattons filed an appeal in Raleigh on July 16. Less than three weeks later, the Court of Appeals ruled in favor of the Strattons and Judge Miller was forced to stop the vaccinations.

While all of this was going on, the Strattons were taking steps to comply with the court’s requirements to get their children back. They have moved into a bigger house to accommodate their children, procured a home school certificate (something Kathy lacked), and both have maintained steady employment. But still, no children.

As the Strattons continued to fight, their struggle was becoming known to more people at Central Church of God, some of whom encouraged the family to contact the media. In August, The Charlotte World first reported on the situation, but when a reporter from The Charlotte World attended a Sept. 13 hearing, the hearing was postponed and Judge Miller placed a gag order on the Strattons, others associated with the case, and – for a short time – on The Charlotte World. Charlotte World publisher Warren Smith, believing that the gag order was unconstitutional, contacted the Alliance Defense Fund to seek legal representation in the matter. The gag order on The Charlotte World was ultimately rescinded, but remains in effect on the Strattons. Laurinburg attorney Mike Schmidt, who was recommended to The Charlotte World by the ADF, now represents the Strattons.

And while all of this was going on, the human costs continue to mount. Jack and Kathy Stratton have missed nine of their children’s birthdays and are soon to miss a tenth as their oldest son celebrates his eighteenth birthday in mid-January.

For now, the hearings, as well as the pain of separation, continues.

If you ask Kathy what the past few months have taught her, she’ll tell you two things.

“Knowledge is power,” she says matter-of-factly.

She then tearfully adds, “And I can empathize with anyone going through pain.”

Six DYFS officials were contacted for this article, but only two returned phone calls.

Their children’s screams still haunt Jeff and Tabitha Shoars’ dreams, and echoes of the laughter that once filled their home brings the couple to tears on a daily basis.

AUDIO MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN!

Where you at, bitch?
Disir

I'm right here you twisted little fucknut.

Nah, you don't to talk lie you're something, bitch. You insisted on proof and then said didn't say shit when your sorry little ass got served.

English. Do you speak it?

I have seen nothing that indicates CPS is getting a bonus for taking people's kids.

Who says their bonus has to be monetary? If nothing else, those sadistic fucks are getting off on terrorizing kids in the middle of the night.

She indicated as such.

Here is another doc filing. I don't recall all of the details but do recall that the one son was raped the first night that they took the children. Sounds satanic to me so i can understand the claims made in this filing...Solomon Stratton v. Mecklenburg County Social Services, – CourtListener.com

This is a from 2003 discussion at freerepublic... the original article link is no good possibly on wayback? The Rhino Times -- Charlotte NC ^

“I have concluded that this case was mismanaged if viewed from the perspective of the family and their philosophical views,” Puckett wrote in a prepared statement. “I find it increasingly frustrating, and for me unacceptable, that our society, and more specifically our government, goes out of its way to be inclusive of harmful and often deviant lifestyles, but stands rigid against those families who have a solid Christian lifestyle or are unwilling to accept dependency on the government for subsistence. I hope that in the future the director of Social Services will take a more active role in ensuring that case workers and social workers share compatible values of those who they are trying to serve. Government is charged to serve the public as opposed to changing the public.”

Mecklenburg Co., NC County Commissioner is not comfortable with how the county DSS has approached child protective custody activity. Had it not been for the attention brought by the Jack & Kathy Stratton case, things probably would not change.

Some more on this case

A Clash Of Worldviews

Want To Hug Your Children? Better Check With The Department Of Social Services First

Warren Smith

COMMENTARY—An amazing scenario unfolded in civil courtroom 210 of the Mecklenburg County courthouse last week. Jack and Kathy Stratton, whose story we have reported here before, was attempting to get custody of one of their 10 children.

They had been taken from him and his wife by the Department of Social Services (DSS), and after a process that has now taken more than a year, he was having his day in court. Because Spencer Stratton had recently turned 18, these proceedings, unlike several previous hearings involving this family, aired in open court. For the first time, the media and the public were allowed to see how the court system and how DSS had behaved in this most unusual situation.

And it was high drama. For the most part, such hearings are monumentally boring. Questions and answers that for the most part establish the facts of the case. Not the kind of thing you see on Court TV.

But soon after the 10 am start time, things became interesting. It quickly became obvious that what was really happening was a case of clashing worldviews.

DSS attorney Tyrone Wade had established that the Strattons were poor. They had very little food in their refrigerator when DSS visited their home on various occasions. “Poverty conditions,” was what one report said. Wade’s questioning also insinuated that the homeschooling Strattons had not properly attended to their children’s education.

But under Schmidt’s cross-examination of witnesses, another picture of the Strattons emerged. A picture of a couple that had been married and stable for many years, but who were ferociously self-sufficient. A family who refused Medicaid and food stamps. A family that -- despite economic setbacks -- chose to look after themselves. And never mind the fact that when the children were put into the public schools, two of them made the honor roll. A fact that would never have emerged had not Schmidt (an attorney affiliated with the Christian-based Alliance Defense Fund) not pressed DSS witnesses for evidence that that the Strattons had neglected their children's education. A fact that the Stratton's previous attorney -- a court-appointed attorney -- had failed to uncover.

Another dimension also emerged. DSS and their attorney Tyrone Wade painted a picture of the Strattons as uncooperative, saying that the Strattons were “very suspicious of agency involvement.” But Schmidt’s line of questioning -- and the answers that reluctantly came from the DSS employees -- suggested that the Strattons had plenty of reasons to be suspicious. Quite aside from the fact that DSS had taken their ten children -- reason enough to cause parents to be “suspicious of agency involvement” -- were the allegations that two of the Stratton had been abused in foster care. And that DSS social workers were going to send the children right back into the same foster home!

Then came the telling moment, when Schmidt began questioning DSS employee Susan Miller about the parents’ visitation rights. Only “therapeutic” visits were allowed, which meant -- in this case -- that the parents were closely monitored during visits. All contact was supervised. No conversations could be taped or held in private. Indeed, under ADF attorney Schmidt's relentless cross-examination, it became apparent that Jack and Kathy couldn’t even hug their own children and tell them “I love you” without permission from the DSS workers supervising the visit. Jack Stratton's repeated assurances to his children that he was working diligently so that "they would be home soon" was cited by the DSS social worker as an example of how the Stratton's were traumatizing their children.

And though there was absolutely no evidence introduced to suggest that the parents were any threat at all to the children, Miller said, “I believe the children felt safer when there were professionals in the room.”

To my way of thinking, that was the key moment and this is the key question: Who should be raising these children? Their parents or “professionals”?

In fairness, DSS handles some pretty awful cases, cases in which parents do abuse their children in most despicable ways. The community should intervene in these cases. But poverty is not a crime. And self-sufficiency -- the refusal to accept services from the government, especially a government agency that you have reason to believe doesn’t have your best interests at heart -- is (I would suggest) a virtue. Instead, DSS asserted that the Stratton's unwillingness to accept food stamps was an example that they were not doing all they could and should to care for their children.

In the end, Jack and Kathy Stratton got their oldest child, 18-year-old Spencer, back under their roof. As attorney Schmidt said after the hearing, "One down, nine to go." That's the good news. The "other news," is that it took a year and the intervention of a Christian legal defense organization to bring about this simple bit of justice. This reuniting of two loving parents and their child.

It was indeed a clash of worldviews. On the one side were two parents who wanted to raise their own children in the way they best could, represented by a Christian lawyer -- Mike Schmidt -- who saw an injustice and wanted to see it remedied. On the other was a roomful of "professionals" who thought they knew better than the parents what was best for the children, and who based their thinking almost entirely on the fact that the parents would not bow to the Leviathan they served.

This good day, justice was indeed served. But in another courtroom, on another day...who knows? It was a civics lesson I will never forget

That explains a lot more.

When Obama came into office CPS was going wild taking people's kids and yes it's been long before Obama but had apparently become worse for multiple reasons.

Like I mentioned and one can easily hear via " MELISSA PERRY" the state owns you children.

Kids are taken constantly for reasons they shouldn't be.

Such as this reason :

CPS Took My Kids Because I Don’t Hover

Dear Free-Range Kids: I noticed you sometimes talk about Child Protective Services (CPS) or other official intervention and Free-Range children. I have to admit, I did always wonder if I’d get in trouble for being the only mom who doesn’t wait at the bus stop each morning or overbook my kids with extracurriculars, but intellectually I knew I wasn’t breaking any laws or even engaging in any overly questionable parenting. However, it seems the school disagreed, and they compiled a pretty extensive (if weak) case against me with CPS and CPS tried to put my kids in foster care. They’re with my parents now, and our lives have been pretty much destroyed indefinitely.

CPS Took My Kids Because I Don’t Hover | Free Range Kids
This article strikes very close to home for me because of recent developments regarding my youngest granddaughter. The fact that teacher "concern" and school psychologists stalked her, singled her out in the hallway during class change, and subjected her to extensive questioning...all based on some cat scratches on her arm...and drove her to pen a note that included possible killing herself (girl's 13, fer goodness sakes). Of course, that justified their batshit crazy stalking and harassment of a child who used to adore going to school. Now she has acute anxiety attacks about going to school and we may have to split the family, with me assuming guardianship, to continue her education in a different setting.
The current crop of SJWs and college educated "educators" are idiots and incapable of acting outside their small boxes.

When Obama came into office CPS was going wild taking people's kids and yes it's been long before Obama but had apparently become worse for multiple reasons.

Like I mentioned and one can easily hear via " MELISSA PERRY" the state owns you children.

Such as this reason :

Dear Free-Range Kids: I noticed you sometimes talk about Child Protective Services (CPS) or other official intervention and Free-Range children. I have to admit, I did always wonder if I’d get in trouble for being the only mom who doesn’t wait at the bus stop each morning or overbook my kids with extracurriculars, but intellectually I knew I wasn’t breaking any laws or even engaging in any overly questionable parenting. However, it seems the school disagreed, and they compiled a pretty extensive (if weak) case against me with CPS and CPS tried to put my kids in foster care. They’re with my parents now, and our lives have been pretty much destroyed indefinitely.

This article strikes very close to home for me because of recent developments regarding my youngest granddaughter. The fact that teacher "concern" and school psychologists stalked her, singled her out in the hallway during class change, and subjected her to extensive questioning...all based on some cat scratches on her arm...and drove her to pen a note that included possible killing herself (girl's 13, fer goodness sakes). Of course, that justified their batshit crazy stalking and harassment of a child who used to adore going to school. Now she has acute anxiety attacks about going to school and we may have to split the family, with me assuming guardianship, to continue her education in a different setting.
The current crop of SJWs and college educated "educators" are idiots and incapable of acting outside their small boxes.
It has been like that since mine were in school and we are talking well over twenty years ago. When mine were in grade school in the town where we bought our home that principal was a peach. She got tired of playing their local politics bs though and left to a school district that didn't harass her because of the local (churchy, & other local crap politics bs). I had one child that was an honor student and one that was in special ed for dyslexia. The one with dyslexia was treated like crap by some of the teachers and some teachers aides. The one teacher that took an interest in helping the children like mine that needed help didn't have tenure and they ran her off too. I thank God we had enough money to fight off a bunch of the illegal crap that they put us through. Part of the local politics bs stemmed from me having a large contracting firm that did business throughout the state and I'd pissed off a few people along the way that were already resentful or mad for one reason or another (one enemy that remained for many years was a mormon big wig that wanted a new concubine, low & surprise he lost one instead when she had someone to just be there to tell her she didn't have to put up with that shit; others for various reasons such as firing the gal bragging about her job security by giving a state supervisor bj's in the backroom, etc...). I was one of the first women contractors back then when I started. A lot of ins and outs to what all went on but my children were my weakness and there were definitely people willing to exploit that the first chance they got. I can't even recall all the false accusations that flew. I can say though it gets very expensive very fast when you have to start hiring attorneys to fight false charges and they can wipe out a small stable business pretty fast with crap like that. Thankfully we didn't have any debt to speak of as we had paid for everything as we could from the get go. I did have to borrow to pay bills though because I had a creative embezzler working for me too (didn't catch that lil' scam she had planned until later; her stoner hubby was playing golf with a nasty lil' judge that hated resented me already and was feeding him full of shit'n lies every chance he got. He hated me enough that the lil' prick magistrate had me arrested on totally bogus charges. The people tossed him off the bench a few years later after he claimed on the radio parents didn't know what was best for their children. His wife was a school teacher --- the kicker they were good' members of the Catholic church and they were covering for a retard that work at the school were judges wife worked that had a pedo wife...I could write a book and have even considered it several times about what all was going on in that whole mess. [my late grandfather that had passed when I was 16 told me in a night vision something that helped stopped the big embezzlement scam]).

Anyhow hang in there. The government doesn't own us or our children.

I searched and found a doctor to help get mine loose from the crap. I gave the school an ultimatum after I had enough to go after them. The battle intensified but they decided they rather pay for an in home teacher over being sued for abusing my child.

Last edited:

Such as this reason :

It has been like that since mine were in school and we are talking well over twenty years ago. When mine were in grade school in the town where we bought our home that principal was a peach. She got tired of playing their local politics bs though and left to a school district that didn't harass her because of the local (churchy, & other local crap politics bs). I had one child that was an honor student and one that was in special ed for dyslexia. The one with dyslexia was treated like crap by some of the teachers and some teachers aides. The one teacher that took an interest in helping the children like mine that needed help didn't have tenure and they ran her off too. I thank God we had enough money to fight off a bunch of the illegal crap that they put us through. Part of the local politics bs stemmed from me having a large contracting firm that did business throughout the state and I'd pissed off a few people along the way that were already resentful or mad for one reason or another (one enemy that remained for many years was a mormon big wig that wanted a new concubine, low & surprise he lost one instead when she had someone to just be there to tell her she didn't have to put up with that shit; others for various reasons such as firing the gal bragging about her job security by giving a state supervisor bj's in the backroom, etc...). I was one of the first women contractors back then when I started. A lot of ins and outs to what all went on but my children were my weakness and there were definitely people willing to exploit that the first chance they got. I can't even recall all the false accusations that flew. I can say though it gets very expensive very fast when you have to start hiring attorneys to fight false charges and they can wipe out a small stable business pretty fast with crap like that. Thankfully we didn't have any debt to speak of as we had paid for everything as we could from the get go. I did have to borrow to pay bills though because I had a creative embezzler working for me too (didn't catch that lil' scam she had planned until later; her stoner hubby was playing golf with a nasty lil' judge that hated resented me already and was feeding him full of shit'n lies every chance he got. He hated me enough that the lil' prick magistrate had me arrested on totally bogus charges. The people tossed him off the bench a few years later after he claimed on the radio parents didn't know what was best for their children. His wife was a school teacher --- the kicker they were good' members of the Catholic church and they were covering for a retard that work at the school were judges wife worked that had a pedo wife...I could write a book and have even considered it several times about what all was going on in that whole mess. [my late grandfather that had passed when I was 16 told me in a night vision something that helped stopped the big embezzlement scam]).

I searched and found a doctor to help get mine loose from the crap. I gave the school an ultimatum after I had enough to go after them. The battle intensified but they decided they rather pay for an in home teacher over being sued for abusing my child.
Sorry about your trials Rodi. I think that so-called educators have been so fully indoctrinated that they feel compelled to create problems where there are none. Compound that with the adversity and ability of those who have an "ax to grind" to bring suit and press their "grievances", decent people trying to do their best are often the victims of what is now called "SJW' activism. What can normal folks do? While I'd rather my daughter's family remain together, I will take custody of my granddaughter and either home school her or allow her to go to our local schools. If such a course is indicated, I will have to significantly alter my lifestyle and take a HUGE cut in pay. Both will be worth saving a child from the indoctrination mill commonly referred to as "school".

Such as this reason :

Sorry about your trials Rodi. I think that so-called educators have been so fully indoctrinated that they feel compelled to create problems where there are none. Compound that with the adversity and ability of those who have an "ax to grind" to bring suit and press their "grievances", decent people trying to do their best are often the victims of what is now called "SJW' activism. What can normal folks do? While I'd rather my daughter's family remain together, I will take custody of my granddaughter and either home school her or allow her to go to our local schools. If such a course is indicated, I will have to significantly alter my lifestyle and take a HUGE cut in pay. Both will be worth saving a child from the indoctrination mill commonly referred to as "school".
No reason to be sorry but thank you for having a heart. I asked for understanding and made a prayer when the children were babes and in order to full comprehend anything you do have to have either someone that can explain something to you that has some knowledge of whatever that type of situation entails. Nothing like firsthand experience in that learning arena of life.

Normal people can stand firm on truth and faith knowing it may be tough but they can't steal our hearts and minds unless we let them or give it away. Decisions always have to be made on money or people first whether they are family members or not. Have you talked to the school board? I would recommend learning all about them before going there, like their politics, beliefs, etc. Me, I followed my heart, I threaten to run for some office locally and that always got people moving in a different direction. Actually almost won one and we weren't in the state even....no signs, no ads,or nothing. A friend called to tell me "You almost won the election ....... just a few hundred votes shy. You know if you would have gotten out and actually let the people meet you you would have won." I was very thankful I didn't win. The only reason in that case that I put my name in was because the guy of our district was senile and everyone told me they didn't wanna take that being a politician away from him. I was like wtf'. If your dealing with an enemy at least you generally know it, with a senile person you have no clue what they will do next.

Prior to all the bogus legal charges I had hired a private tutor. I was going to be away from home for a new job start for several weeks so made all those arrangements beforehand. It let me know exactly what was needed and if it was a failing of the child or the teachers. The child did great with the appropriate teacher on a one on one basis and it was only a few hours every two days and self study in between (it was a total insult to the people in the local education system).

Maybe you can find someone or a private to help that needs pt work? The teacher that made the difference to begin with for us has a standard ugottawanna t-shirt he wears and excellent mannerisms for dealing with a young'n without compromising any values. Those good manners that one learned early on and it served them very well through the years. The lil' genius would have done well to learn some of those manners too but figured grades, the ways of the world and who you sucked up with would be the clincher long run and that didn't work out as well long term.

Try not to stress yourself as there are only so many things we can do. Some things people must learn on their own, all we can do is try to give the best of what we can and try to make sure that they have the basics going out into the world.

Such as this reason :

No reason to be sorry but thank you for having a heart. I asked for understanding and made a prayer when the children were babes and in order to full comprehend anything you do have to have either someone that can explain something to you that has some knowledge of whatever that type of situation entails. Nothing like firsthand experience in that learning arena of life.

Normal people can stand firm on truth and faith knowing it may be tough but they can't steal our hearts and minds unless we let them or give it away. Decisions always have to be made on money or people first whether they are family members or not. Have you talked to the school board? I would recommend learning all about them before going there, like their politics, beliefs, etc. Me, I followed my heart, I threaten to run for some office locally and that always got people moving in a different direction. Actually almost won one and we weren't in the state even....no signs, no ads,or nothing. A friend called to tell me "You almost won the election ....... just a few hundred votes shy. You know if you would have gotten out and actually let the people meet you you would have won." I was very thankful I didn't win. The only reason in that case that I put my name in was because the guy of our district was senile and everyone told me they didn't wanna take that being a politician away from him. I was like wtf'. If your dealing with an enemy at least you generally know it, with a senile person you have no clue what they will do next.

Prior to all the bogus legal charges I had hired a private tutor. I was going to be away from home for a new job start for several weeks so made all those arrangements beforehand. It let me know exactly what was needed and if it was a failing of the child or the teachers. The child did great with the appropriate teacher on a one on one basis and it was only a few hours every two days and self study in between (it was a total insult to the people in the local education system).

Maybe you can find someone or a private to help that needs pt work? The teacher that made the difference to begin with for us has a standard ugottawanna t-shirt he wears and excellent mannerisms for dealing with a young'n without compromising any values. Those good manners that one learned early on and it served them very well through the years. The lil' genius would have done well to learn some of those manners too but figured grades, the ways of the world and who you sucked up with would be the clincher long run and that didn't work out as well long term.

Try not to stress yourself as there are only so many things we can do. Some things people must learn on their own, all we can do is try to give the best of what we can and try to make sure that they have the basics going out into the world.
Thanks, Rodi!
My granddaughters are schooled in DOD schools in Japan. The only homeschooling cooperative is super-christian and pretty adamant that any children enrolled with them are christian. Private tutors are probably not all that easy to find, and my daughter feels pretty overwhelmed at the idea of homeschooling the girl herself. I discussed the matter with her this afternoon, and with the help of a competent psychiatrist, they have managed to reign in the over-zealous school administrators who couldn't accept a cat scratch. The child is resilient, and using a non-verbal signal agreed upon by all parties, she's been able to go to school the last few weeks. She has some make-up work, but was holding a solid A average until the last quarter, when the stalker-educators managed to really mess with her.
Fortunately, there are always teachers who make a difference. As a university professor, I pay attention to my student reviews. I've only received two "bad" reviews in the 17 years I've been teaching.
Thanks again for you kind observations. I'm glad things worked out for you and your children. (Kids are what goats birth.)

Such as this reason :

Thanks, Rodi!
My granddaughters are schooled in DOD schools in Japan. The only homeschooling cooperative is super-christian and pretty adamant that any children enrolled with them are christian. Private tutors are probably not all that easy to find, and my daughter feels pretty overwhelmed at the idea of homeschooling the girl herself. I discussed the matter with her this afternoon, and with the help of a competent psychiatrist, they have managed to reign in the over-zealous school administrators who couldn't accept a cat scratch. The child is resilient, and using a non-verbal signal agreed upon by all parties, she's been able to go to school the last few weeks. She has some make-up work, but was holding a solid A average until the last quarter, when the stalker-educators managed to really mess with her.
Fortunately, there are always teachers who make a difference. As a university professor, I pay attention to my student reviews. I've only received two "bad" reviews in the 17 years I've been teaching.
Thanks again for you kind observations. I'm glad things worked out for you and your children. (Kids are what goats birth.)
Good to hear, "with the help of a competent psychiatrist" was one of the things I did during the false charges fiasco. Just an outside ear was available for the child to speak with gave them a little sense of something they could control and a place to let off steam about things they didn't wanna to say or felt they could not say to mom.

The state of Nevada just kidnapped the couples baby today. Hearing on Thursday. This family needs to leave the US or hire a high powered attorney that's what scares CPS,I know from past experience,its amazing what ONE hearing with a REAL attorney on your side can do...especially one that will destroy CPS.

Forum List

Back