Arizona Rancher Who Stopped Illegal Immigrants at Border Now Fighting $32 Million Law

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
An Arizona man who has waged a 10-year campaign to stop a flood of illegal immigrants from crossing his property is being sued by 16 Mexican nationals — seeking $32 million in damages — who accuse him of conspiring to violate their civil rights when he stopped them at gunpoint on his ranch on the U.S.-Mexico border, the Washington Times reported Monday.

The rancher, Roger Barnett, 64, began rounding up illegal immigrants in 1998 and turning them over to the U.S. Border Patrol after they destroyed his property, killed his calves and broke into his home, the newspaper reported.

The lawsuit is based on a March 7, 2004, incident in a dry wash on the 22,000-acre ranch, when he approached a group of illegal immigrants while carrying a gun and accompanied by a large dog.

FOXNews.com - Arizona Rancher Who Stopped Illegal Immigrants at Border Now Fighting $32 Million Lawsuit - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Maybe we should throw his azz in prison for 30 years too. Roflmao!

An Arizona man who has waged a 10-year campaign to stop a flood of illegal immigrants from crossing his property is being sued by 16 Mexican nationals — seeking $32 million in damages — who accuse him of conspiring to violate their civil rights when he stopped them at gunpoint on his ranch on the U.S.-Mexico border, the Washington Times reported Monday.

The rancher, Roger Barnett, 64, began rounding up illegal immigrants in 1998 and turning them over to the U.S. Border Patrol after they destroyed his property, killed his calves and broke into his home, the newspaper reported.

The lawsuit is based on a March 7, 2004, incident in a dry wash on the 22,000-acre ranch, when he approached a group of illegal immigrants while carrying a gun and accompanied by a large dog.

FOXNews.com - Arizona Rancher Who Stopped Illegal Immigrants at Border Now Fighting $32 Million Lawsuit - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

"His Cross Rail Ranch near Douglas, Ariz., is known by federal and county law enforcement authorities as "the avenue of choice" for immigrants seeking to enter the United States illegally, the newspaper reports."

This part was especially neat .......

No, that would be too long. Give him 10 to 12.

This story is retarded as hell. At the very least he was legally capable of thwarting the trespassing going on. At the worst he was doing what the federal gov WONT do to cork a hemorrhaging of illegals.

This story is retarded as hell. At the very least he was legally capable of thwarting the trespassing going on. At the worst he was doing what the federal gov WONT do to cork a hemorrhaging of illegals.

Wait til Mexico collapses! You ain't seen nuttin yet hunny!

i am shocked he only had one large dog...everyone has a right to protect their property....i would not tolerate people killing my livestock nor breaking into my home...he was well within his rights.

ASSOCIATED PRESS DEFENDANT: Roger Barnett said he had turned over 12,000 illegal immigrants to the Border Patrol since 1998

Amazing, and this is such bullshit. He should have all charges dropped ASAP, and those illegals should be deported.
They aren't citizens of this country.

If the judge and state had any common sense; they'd laugh at the lawsuit, send them back over the border and drop the charges.

Last edited:
I wonder on what basis they are able to file this lawsuit. This tactic reminds me of white supremacists and constitutionalists who legally harass law enforcement officers through filing multiple civil suits.

I wonder on what basis they are able to file this lawsuit. This tactic reminds me of white supremacists and constitutionalists who legally harass law enforcement officers through filing multiple civil suits.

What I'm wondering is why the fuck they haven't been deported despite the fact they ADMIT they crossed the border illegally.

ASSOCIATED PRESS DEFENDANT: Roger Barnett said he had turned over 12,000 illegal immigrants to the Border Patrol since 1998

Amazing, and this is such bullshit. He should have all charges dropped ASAP, and those illegals should be deported.
They aren't citizens of this country.

If the judge and state had any common sense; they'd laugh at the lawsuit, send them back over the border and drop the charges.

That's where you are full o shit.. I betcha ten bucks the ACLU are the attorneys representing the ILLEGALS..:lol:

ACLU babe

I recant..

here is who represents the illegals.

The illegal aliens are represented by a well-funded, radical open-borders group— Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF)—that refers to the U.S. government’s immigration enforcement effort as racist and xenophobic.

MALDEF, which claims there is no distinction between legal and illegal immigrants, has sued a state to obtain free public education for illegal aliens and various public colleges nationwide for denying illegal immigrants admission. After the 2001 terrorist attacks the group led a large-scale protest campaign against a federal crackdown on airport workers with immigration violations, claiming it harmed the “civil rights of Latinos.”

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...-sue-ariz-rancher-who-caught-them-trespassing

Last edited:
here is who represents the illegals.

The illegal aliens are represented by a well-funded, radical open-borders group— Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF)—that refers to the U.S. government’s immigration enforcement effort as racist and xenophobic.

MALDEF, which claims there is no distinction between legal and illegal immigrants, has sued a state to obtain free public education for illegal aliens and various public colleges nationwide for denying illegal immigrants admission. After the 2001 terrorist attacks the group led a large-scale protest campaign against a federal crackdown on airport workers with immigration violations, claiming it harmed the “civil rights of Latinos.”

I don't believe there is a constitutional basis for their claim. It's a shame that this man has gotten caught in their litigious crossfire.

By the way, here is a possible inadvertent outcome from this suit. In Florida, and several other states, though I'm not sure where Arizona falls, if a person trespasses on your property, and you have a reasonable belief that they mean you harm, you can shoot them, and you have legal immunity from prosecution.

It would be ironic if this had the result of encouraging ranchers in Arizona to SHOOT illegals, rather than rounding them up for ICE.

Last edited:
I don't believe there is a constitutional basis for their claim. It's a shame that this man has gotten caught in their litigious crossfire.

By the way, here is a possible inadvertent outcome from this suit. In Florida, and several other states, though I'm not sure where Arizona falls, if a person trespasses on your property, and you have a reasonable belief that they mean you harm, you can shoot them, and you have legal immunity from prosecution.

It would be ironic if this had the result of encouraging ranchers in Arizona to SHOOT illegals, rather than rounding them up for ICE.

Exactly, why try to stop and arrest them since all they will do is sue you after.

Never mind the sort of precedent this would set, illegal immigrants in America would have the same civil liberties as citizens.

So in reality, they would be citizens. :cuckoo:

To quote Clint Eastwood from his new movie:

"Get off my lawn!"

To quote myself:

"Before i unleash the gringo onto you..."

"Read my lips, no more illegals..."

To quote a Democrat:

"Polling booth is around the corner, make sure to vote for the letter (D)."

To quote the bailout passed last October:

"We got to do it now."

To quote Barack Obama recently:

"We have to act now."

To quote the Liberal Media on former VP Dick Cheney:

"Fear monger."

To quote an Washington outsider on Barack's pleas for the stimulus package:

"Fear monger?"

Shocking innit? All the libwals against the illegals,, kick em to the curb now that you bought their votes..

:lol:

Mistake number one: rounding up. Mistake number two: turning them over the the Boarder Partol. Mistake number three: failure to have a dozen large, well-trained attack dogs. Mistake number four: one guy with one gun.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back