Arizona man fatally mauled by black bear

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind

"Unprovked attack"???

What is it that these imbeciles DON'T UNDERSTAND that animals live by the rules of NATURE, not man made rules?
If they are hungry, they go looking for food. Rabbit, bird, fish, man........its all NATURES buffet to them when they are hungry!!

"Unprovked attack"???

What is it that these imbeciles DON'T UNDERSTAND that animals live by the rules of NATURE, not man made rules?
If they are hungry, they go looking for food. Rabbit, bird, fish, man........its all NATURES buffet to them when they are hungry!!
Yea, black bears do not scare me. Just hang your food above 6tf and away from your tent and I do not eat in the tent ever, nor do I leave food in the car. Otherwise no reason to fear a black bear, without cubs. They she just stay away from you for the most part. I dont even go places with brown bears, if a brown bear ever eats me it escaped from the zoo or it is my fault.

The L-Framed 5-shot .44 Magnum S&W Model 69 Combat Magnum w/4.25" barrel has become very popular in bear country.

You ditch the crap hard grips it comes with and find a good flavor of recoil absorbing grips like Houges.

I was lucky enough to have a set of the excellent Greg Spegel designed Uncle Mikes Combat Grips to use on my Model 69.

l 001 (2).JPG

Provoking a bear is certainly possible.
But as others said black bears are generally not something to be afraid of but ya never know.
I'll never forget the Wife and I's encounter with a black bear and her cubs.
We were in a rowboat on Lake Okanagan in BC and we rowed around a huge boulder on the waters edge and there were two cubs playing in the shallows.
At first it was awww how cute....right up until we saw Momma bear about 20 feet behind them.
I've never rowed a boat that fast in my life!!
My Aunt and Cousins didnt believe us at first and this was before digital cameras were around.
So I insisted we go get the film developed. The pics weren't great but you could see the three black dots heading up the mountain side.
There was a drought at the time and they figured the bears came down for water.

The L-Framed 5-shot .44 Magnum S&W Model 69 Combat Magnum w/4.25" barrel has become very popular in bear country.

You ditch the crap hard grips it comes with and find a good flavor of recoil absorbing grips like Houges.

I was lucky enough to have a set of the excellent Greg Spegel designed Uncle Mikes Combat Grips to use on my Model 69.

View attachment 796071
Nice!!!

View attachment 796071
Very nice. But if a griz is charging me I want a rocket launcher and time to fire it. Brown bears scare me, if I have not mentioned that before. My EDC is a S&W .38 special.

"Unprovked attack"???

And it is their only world we encroach on mor and more.

It is however unusual for a black bear attack in this manner….wonder what was going on?

It is however unusual for a black bear attack in this manner….wonder what was going on?
Just this morning I upset the balance of nature.....I ran over a rabbit, then a squirrel, and then a fuckin' crow.....How the hell do you run over a damn crow? That was a first.

Just this morning I upset the balance of nature.....I ran over a rabbit, then a squirrel, and then a fuckin' crow.....How the hell do you run over a damn crow? That was a first.
That takes talent….

Just kidding. I hate hitting animals, it is rare and unavoidable sometimes. The other day I was driving along a two-lane rural road and passed a snake in the other lane when it hit me that it wasn’t dead because it’s head was up (I see snakes run over often). So I turned around and to check on it and it was curled up and very much alive and large so I nudged it with my foot and finally booted it into the verge. It was pretty pissed but since it wasn’t a copperhead or rattlesnake I wasn’t concerned. I’ve done that for turtles and snapping turtles, they just can’t get out of the way.

Bullshit, hot lips! Always with the demmunist bullshit propaganda.
We’ve enhanced bear prey by our wildlife over-rejuvenation efforts. More prey, more bear.
Duh.
Not exactly. We are building further and further into their habitats, isolating populations and cutting them off from normal movements.

I bet food or cubs. Could have been sick but usually it is food or cubs with a black bear.

Not exactly. We are building further and further into their habitats, isolating populations and cutting them off from normal movements.
That’s why geese and deer are dangerously ubiquitous? That’s why a black bear appeared in my DC suburb last week amidst tons of deer walking through town? Nothing has been developed here in decades. No encroachment. Nothing but enhanced wildlife sanctuaries.

The Animal Kingdom is driven by needs.
The Human kingdom is driven by emotions.
There is a GINORMOUS difference between the two.

If you don't understand wildlife, you don't understand nature. Don't give a shit how long you've been a hunter, farmer, or cave dweller.

If you don't understand each and every specfic part of wildlife and its processes, patterns, and life span, then you are going to end up as a pile of bear shit one day. Or wolf shit, or vulture shit, or whatever.

True, MOST wildlife is afraid or leary of humans, so they keep their distance.
But if their NEED of food is driving them, then YOU don't NEED to be in their path.
If you are, then thats all on you.

Stupid gets what stupid deserves. Don't care who you are, or who you think you are.
You're nothing but food to Mother Natures babies.

The Animal Kingdom is driven by needs.
The Human kingdom is driven by emotions.
There is a GINORMOUS difference between the two.

If you don't understand wildlife, you don't understand nature. Don't give a shit how long you've been a hunter, farmer, or cave dweller.

If you don't understand each and every specfic part of wildlife and its processes, patterns, and life span, then you are going to end up as a pile of bear shit one day. Or wolf shit, or vulture shit, or whatever.

True, MOST wildlife is afraid or leary of humans, so they keep their distance.
But if their NEED of food is driving them, then YOU don't NEED to be in their path.
If you are, then thats all on you.

Stupid gets what stupid deserves. Don't care who you are, or who you think you are.
You're nothing but food to Mother Natures babies.
Or, animals are not people, too.

That’s why geese and deer are dangerously ubiquitous? That’s why a black bear appeared in my DC suburb last week amidst tons of deer walking through town? Nothing has been developed here in decades. No encroachment. Nothing but enhanced wildlife sanctuaries.
Welcome to my world 50-odd miles west of NOtVA.

4r3a7l.jpg

I'm in town but it does not help that the National Zoo has 3K+acres behind me.

I could have guided hunts off my back deck....I had to put "hood pins" on my Herby-Curby lid to keep them out of it. Ol Herby has been "mauled" on several occasions.

Don't get me started about squirrels.

DSCN0053__2__JPG-1452515.JPG

Yup. In part.

It isn’t based on just development in your immediate area, but on multiple factors. Development including interstates break up normal movement, and shift populations into areas they might not ordinarily occupy. And there is no question we are building further and further into former wilderness areas.

Some of these animals are adapting more and more to living in suburban and urban areas: coyotes, foxes, even deer. Bears have long found it feasible to hang out in human areas since we are pretty garbagy creatures and we’re stupid about feeding them.

It is fair to say there are fewer natural predators as well. Wolves, which are large enough to kill deer have exterminated in most states and have a lifestyle that requires larger territories than the suburbs.

One of which is actually, evolution in progress

Forum List

Back