Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

I'm worried about the government response more.

I doubt you'll see Congressmen and Congresswomen going to campaign stops without extra security for awhile now at the very least. I doubt any sort of laws will be passed on a larger scale.

What kind of laws could you pass? "It is henceforth illegal to shoot Congressmembers"? I think we already have that one. Hell, I'm pretty sure this is even a federal crime, because she's a federal employee who was shot while carrying out her job as a federal employee, much the same as that postal worker who was shot while delivering mail a couple years back.

I went looking for his Facebook page, but it looks like they already took it down.

Last edited:
According to CNN, 12 were shot, the congresswoman and six are dead.

For the record, the latest update from the local Tucson news station (I know it's not as good as the Huffington Post, but what can you do? :rolleyes: ) says that she's still alive. She's out of surgery, and her doctors are optimistic.

"Dr. Peter Rhee of University of Medical center told reporters at 2:00 PM Saturday morning that ten patients have been brought to the hospital. Of those, one is dead, five are in surgery and the rest are in recovery. The five in surgery are in critical condition.

Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villaseñor confirmed at the same press conference that one suspect is in custody.

Dr. Rhee said the deceased victim was a child, but did not release the victim's identity."

Just in: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is alive, in surgery - KGUN9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports

According to CNN, 12 were shot, the congresswoman and six are dead.

For the record, the latest update from the local Tucson news station (I know it's not as good as the Huffington Post, but what can you do? :rolleyes: ) says that she's still alive. She's out of surgery, and her doctors are optimistic.

"Dr. Peter Rhee of University of Medical center told reporters at 2:00 PM Saturday morning that ten patients have been brought to the hospital. Of those, one is dead, five are in surgery and the rest are in recovery. The five in surgery are in critical condition.

Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villaseñor confirmed at the same press conference that one suspect is in custody.

Dr. Rhee said the deceased victim was a child, but did not release the victim's identity."

Just in: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is alive, in surgery - KGUN9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports

Judge Roll is dead also. Fox said that was confirmed.

Forum List

Back