Arizona bill targets ethnic studies

Interesting.

Why teach them about mexico? since they are spanish descendants. Wouldn't that make more sense?

It's preatty fucking stoopid that moms and dads can't teach their kids pride in where they came from. My mom and dad did, I have pride in my family and I didn't need anyone elses input.

Since I see lots of lefties falsely crying racism. Where's the demand for teaching white heritage?

What? There is none?

There's a name for that. It starts with an H.

Ethnic studies?

And who are these people? They are the folks that spend 10 years in college, end up with a B.A. in General Studies and then whine about not making any money.

Who cares.

I wonder if their teaching how their third world ways will make America like the third world shitholes they created?

Interesting.

Why teach them about mexico? since they are spanish descendants. Wouldn't that make more sense?

It's preatty fucking stoopid that moms and dads can't teach their kids pride in where they came from. My mom and dad did, I have pride in my family and I didn't need anyone elses input.

Since I see lots of lefties falsely crying racism. Where's the demand for teaching white heritage?

What? There is none?

Do you even understand the difference between Spain and Mexico?

Interesting.

What? There is none?

Tequilla comes from Mexico.

Teds mother was a Mexican and his father disappeared. He was raised by Mexicans.
Of course, the white mainstream press kept that a secret as they made Ted an all-American boy
Kind of like Obama

I was part of a big discussion about this subject on another messageboard, and I'm sorry to say that at least there people seemed to not go jumping off the deep end without actually knowing much about the situation in AZ or what the bill will do. The text of the bill can be found here.

First of all, contrary to what some of you think, many "Hispanic Culture" classes are not really teaching much culture, but are instead teaching seditious propaganda. They are teaching that Arizona and other southwest states do not actually belong to the US; that they are in fact the rightful property of Mexico and that the US is an illegal occupying force, and that armed rebellion will be necessary in order to expel the foreign occupiers. Many classes teach untrue "facts" about American immigration policy, and indeed the untrue origins of historical icons like Thomas Edison. The stuff is worse than the creationist BS that some people want to put into the science curricula.

According to the bill students should be taught to respect each other as individuals, and not based on being one race or the other. Unfortunately, racial studies classes of any kind will only serve to divide and identify people along racial lines. Prohibited are classes that:

1. PROMOTE THE OVERTHROW OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.
2. PROMOTE RESENTMENT TOWARD A RACE OR CLASS OF PEOPLE.
3. ARE DESIGNED PRIMARILY FOR PUPILS OF A PARTICULAR ETHNIC GROUP.
4. ADVOCATE ETHNIC SOLIDARITY INSTEAD OF THE TREATMENT OF PUPILS AS INDIVIDUALS.

The bill explicitly states that it does NOT apply to:

COURSES OR CLASSES THAT INCLUDE THE HISTORY OF ANY ETHNIC GROUP AND THAT ARE OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS, UNLESS THE COURSE OR CLASS VIOLATES SUBSECTION A.

My position is that any "ethnic studies" class is completely unnecessary at the HS level and beyond what a HS should be teaching. When I was in school, the social sciences curriculum over the span of various grade levels provided a pretty comprehensive treatment of history across cultural lines. In middle school we covered Central and South American history, Civics, and the beginnings of US history (up to reconstruction). In HS the curriculum covered generalize world history, US history (reconstruction to today), and contemporary issues. There was one AP class offered in European history. The only thing that really got left out was Asian and African history (other than what was covered in world history class).

I find complaints that American schools provide a too Eurocentric treatment to history to be kinda like an Alaskan complaining that it gets cold in the winter. Our country is of a Eurocentric origin. There are alot of aspects to our history and many influences that have helped shape us as we are today, but the primary historical and cultural roots of the USA are European. I, as a student, would have liked a better opportunity in HS to learn about Asian history. But I don't have a problem with the fact that I didn't have the option available, because that's farther than the scope of a HS education needs to cover. There was one class in school that was specifically targeted at ethnicity, an African American Culture class, but that was shut down after a year or two when a student was controversially denied the opportunity to enroll. If students want to take classes that focus on specific ethnic studies and history, let them look for an appropriate college level course after they graduate HS.

Interesting.

What? There is none?

Sure do!

Spainards went to Mexico, killed off most of the population then screwed everything they could get their hands on.

Most Mexicans have Spanish blood. They speak the same language (sorta) and share lots of history.

So why not teach them about the greatness they come from over apple pickers?

I've been to both countries, and I can tell you that teaching them about Spain would be much more inspiring than teaching about pickers.

This class should not exist. It's racism. Unless the school offers something like it for all countries, not just races, it's against the law.

Interesting.

What? There is none?

Tequilla comes from Mexico.

Sangria comes from Spain.

Forum List

Back