Arizona bill targets ethnic studies

The burrito was invented in America
Some "undocumented guest worker immigrants" might disagree with you:

Mexican_Burritos.jpg

"No illegals, no burritos. Know illegals, know burritos."

How profound huh? :lol:

Arizona Statistics - Arizona Population - Phoenix Race Statistics

this is old info and it places some of the cities at 40% latino.

Can the 50% of white kids have a class dedicated to European heritage?

Arizona is trying to make nearly half of its population refuse their own family trees

I see. Simply teaching kids math, science, english literature, American history, without providing any cultural studies is "making" students refuse their family trees? I am half Italian and half Irish. I never had a class in all of my years of K through 12 that taught me about either of those histories and Boston has a huge Irish heritage.

Why can't these kids' parents teach them about Mexican heritage at home? Or, why can't the schools just have an after school extra-curricular club to learn about Hispanic heritage?

American kids receive a Eurocentric view of World History. It is history from the view of white civilization not history as viewed by the people being colonized

If 40% of the population is hispanic and the other 50% is white, it is clear that the schools can't "vote out" the history of the minority. If anything, the 50% needs a better understanding of the culture of the 40%

You going to address the proponents' accusations and the parts of the bill noted in the report or not? I believe this is the third time I've asked. Or are you going to just keep conjecturing because you can't defend these accusations?

First of all, contrary to what some of you think, many "Hispanic Culture" classes are not really teaching much culture, but are instead teaching seditious propaganda. They are teaching that Arizona and other southwest states do not actually belong to the US; that they are in fact the rightful property of Mexico and that the US is an illegal occupying force, and that armed rebellion will be necessary in order to expel the foreign occupiers. Many classes teach untrue "facts" about American immigration policy, and indeed the untrue origins of historical icons like Thomas Edison. The stuff is worse than the creationist BS that some people want to put into the science curricula.

That is precisely what the State Superintendent was criticizing the Tucson School District for earlier last year, which is what brought this legislation from the state government.

I sat in on a hispanic culture class. they were teaching that Thomas Edison was a Mexican.

Bullshit.
Thomas Alva Edison

Most people believe Thomas Alva Edison was born in Milan, Ohio. But there is a legend in Mexico that "Tõmas" Alva was born in Lagos de Moreno, then taken to the U.S. as a toddler and adopted into the Edison family. The legend, true or not, testifies, at least, to the international veneration that this most prolific inventor enjoys, even today. Who wouldn't want to claim Edison as a native son?

Sounds almost like Obama being born in Kenya
Has anyone seen the long copy of Edisons birth certificate?

If Edison was a Mexican, we would all be sitting in the dark.

The classes I took in school (70's through 1981) didn't mention the skin color that much all though it was evident. We didn't just study whites, we studied all manner of US history that included minorities. Back then we were Americans, now we're Hyphenated-Americans. (That means we're being separated) Wake the fuck up.
It's only purpose is to get back to focusing on Reading Writing and Arithmetic. Again, wake the fuck up.

Did they END football?

did they END art class?

No they ended ethnic studies.

Why only target ethnic studies?

Because America is made up of people from all ethnicity and we cannot possibly have a class in EACH ethnicity. Why not just teach American history, or world history? You want to learn specifically about Mexican history, get yourself a book on Mexican history and learn it yourself. I actually went to Mexico and took classes there on Mexican Indian studies. Those classes weren't offered here. That's not the reason I went, only one of the things I did while I went to college there for several months. Interesting side note, many of the things I learned about the Aztecs has now been proven wrong. How do I know this? By watching documentaries, reading books..not from public education paid by our tax dollars.

I'm still waiting for my sister in law, a naturalized American, to sue some company for offering a button to get Spanish but no button to get Thai. It's criminal. Either we eliminate the Spanish option, or we offer the same option for every other language in the world, anything else is bigoted.

Get a grip. The Mexicans are not the only immigrants in this country...to continue to treat them with special rights in an insult to all the other immigrants in our nation.

Either remove all the special treatments Mexicans receive or classify them as a race of "second rate" humans that need to be treated like babies for the rest of their lives because they are incapable of living in the first world and dealing with other races on equal terms.

The burrito was invented in America
Some "undocumented guest worker immigrants" might disagree with you:

Mexican_Burritos.jpg

"No illegals, no burritos. Know illegals, know burritos."

How profound huh? :lol:

Oh, no! A burrito embarrgo!

Frankly, I could go the rest of my life without eating food from a race of people that just learned why bathrooms have toilet paper. They assumed it was for rolling joints.

Last edited:

Most people believe Thomas Alva Edison was born in Milan, Ohio. But there is a legend in Mexico that "Tõmas" Alva was born in Lagos de Moreno, then taken to the U.S. as a toddler and adopted into the Edison family. The legend, true or not, testifies, at least, to the international veneration that this most prolific inventor enjoys, even today. Who wouldn't want to claim Edison as a native son?

Sounds almost like Obama being born in Kenya
Has anyone seen the long copy of Edisons birth certificate?

But Edison wanted to power the United States using his DC current transformers. What an idiot!

We owe a debt of gratitude to Nikola Tesla (a true genius) and George Westinghouse for pushing AC current.

The TUSD Governing Board was forced to cancel its meeting Tuesday night after ethnic studies supporters stormed the meeting room and chained themselves to chairs.

The board was scheduled to consider a proposal that some Mexican American Studies courses would no longer be used to fulfill core-curriculum requirements.

The protest was organized by a youth coalition called UNIDOS. The group demanded the proposal, written by board President Mark Stegeman, be withdrawn.

The Mexican American Studies program has been in the line of fire for years as state officials and others questioned whether the content is too controversial. At the start of the year, the program was identified as being out of compliance with state law as a result and the district now stands to lose millions of dollars in state funding.

Up to 20 armed security personnel will be present at the next board meeting. I'm wondering if any board of education meeting anywhere in the U.S. has required that kind of security.

Ethnic studies supporters overtake TUSD meeting

In a lawsuit against the district, the Mexican American Studies Dept. claimed that "The students that partake in its Ethnic Studies courses, as proven by test results, are more likely to pass the Arizona's Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) exam than those students who do not partake in said courses; have a 97 percent graduation rate, and have a college matriculation rate 193 percent greater than the national average."

No one has seen that data. But district statisticians found this:

1. MAS students "achieve roughly the same passing rate" as their peers who took no ethnic-studies courses.
2. Considering the entire 2010 cohort of seniors, 83 percent of TUSD students graduated in four years. "This is true for students who did and did not take MAS classes."
3. Based on the district's survey of graduating seniors, Scott found "roughly the same proportion of MAS and non-MAS students intend to enroll in college after high-school graduation."

Read more: Bogus arguments for Tucson ethnic studies finally debunked

Facts? Who needs any stinkin facts? This is America? Let's chain ourselves to chairs!

The TUSD Governing Board was forced to cancel its meeting Tuesday night after ethnic studies supporters stormed the meeting room and chained themselves to chairs.

The board was scheduled to consider a proposal that some Mexican American Studies courses would no longer be used to fulfill core-curriculum requirements.

The protest was organized by a youth coalition called UNIDOS. The group demanded the proposal, written by board President Mark Stegeman, be withdrawn.

The Mexican American Studies program has been in the line of fire for years as state officials and others questioned whether the content is too controversial. At the start of the year, the program was identified as being out of compliance with state law as a result and the district now stands to lose millions of dollars in state funding.

Up to 20 armed security personnel will be present at the next board meeting. I'm wondering if any board of education meeting anywhere in the U.S. has required that kind of security.

Ethnic studies supporters overtake TUSD meeting

In a lawsuit against the district, the Mexican American Studies Dept. claimed that "The students that partake in its Ethnic Studies courses, as proven by test results, are more likely to pass the Arizona's Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) exam than those students who do not partake in said courses; have a 97 percent graduation rate, and have a college matriculation rate 193 percent greater than the national average."

No one has seen that data. But district statisticians found this:

1. MAS students "achieve roughly the same passing rate" as their peers who took no ethnic-studies courses.
2. Considering the entire 2010 cohort of seniors, 83 percent of TUSD students graduated in four years. "This is true for students who did and did not take MAS classes."
3. Based on the district's survey of graduating seniors, Scott found "roughly the same proportion of MAS and non-MAS students intend to enroll in college after high-school graduation."

Read more: Bogus arguments for Tucson ethnic studies finally debunked

Facts? Who needs any stinkin facts? This is America? Let's chain ourselves to chairs!

Most Americans agree, a dead Mexican don't cost nothing to educate.

Forum List

Back