Arizona bill targets ethnic studies

You have studied it every time you studied the hsitory of the US.
The classes I took in school (70's through 1981) didn't mention the skin color that much all though it was evident. We didn't just study whites, we studied all manner of US history that included minorities. Back then we were Americans, now we're Hyphenated-Americans. (That means we're being separated) Wake the fuck up.
The ending of these classes is intended as an insult to the latino population of this state. It is its ONLY purpose
It's only purpose is to get back to focusing on Reading Writing and Arithmetic. Again, wake the fuck up.

Did they END football?

did they END art class?

No they ended ethnic studies.

Why only target ethnic studies?

Not only ending it, but forbidding it by law. Apparently they are very afraid.

lol, so now it's intolerant to not TEACH ethnic studies.

good grief,:lol:

Actually, it's intolerant to FORBID the teaching of ethnic studies....so much for the free market of ideas....shut down that which you do not like, right?

Where's the white ethnic studies?
How about;
Irish
Chinese
Italian
Spanish
Brazilian
French
English

If those are not offered, it's racism. Do you support racism?

No you don't, unless you support ethnic studies for some but not all.

The classes I took in school (70's through 1981) didn't mention the skin color that much all though it was evident. We didn't just study whites, we studied all manner of US history that included minorities. Back then we were Americans, now we're Hyphenated-Americans. (That means we're being separated) Wake the fuck up.
It's only purpose is to get back to focusing on Reading Writing and Arithmetic. Again, wake the fuck up.

Did they END football?

did they END art class?

Not only ending it, but forbidding it by law. Apparently they are very afraid.

They are very afraid that lilly white Arizona with a quiet Hispanic population that does what it is told is disappearing.

The strict Republicans with rightwing values are gradually being outvoted by a hispanic population that is no longer content with their leadership. All they have left is to try to make hispanics unwelcome in their own state

lol, so now it's intolerant to not TEACH ethnic studies.

good grief,:lol:

Actually, it's intolerant to FORBID the teaching of ethnic studies....so much for the free market of ideas....shut down that which you do not like, right?

Where's the white ethnic studies?
How about;
Irish
Chinese
Italian
Spanish
Brazilian
French
English

If those are not offered, it's racism. Do you support racism?

No you don't, unless you support ethnic studies for some but not all.

If a community has a large Chinese, Italian , Brazillian or any population, I have no problem with their local schools offering courses on those cultures

New law banning ethnic studies programmes goes into effect in southwestern US state.

... The state's Latino community claim the law targets them and say similar programmes in African American, Asian and Native American studies are not affected ...

Too damned bad!!! 99 percent of the Illegal Aliens crossing the border are from Mexico and not from Africa or Asia and Native Americans were born here. The people in the USA harboring and aiding and abetting Illegal Alien Mexican Nationals are their families and friends to the Illegal Alien Invasion that is destroying America. The people hiring the Illegal Aliens that you want to harbor, aid and abet are the family and friends and acquaintances of the same Illegal Aliens crossing our border from MEXICO. This is 'America' and not NEW MEXICO in case you are unaware.

Illegal Aliens from MEXICO are giving all latinos a bad name, because they come here in the middle of the night to steal identities and jobs from Americans, which takes bread out of the mouths of our American children. Those of you hiring illegal aliens are disgusting bags of filth that are destroying America and forcing American children to go hungry by giving the JOBS of their parents to your goddamned illegal alien from MEXICO.

Any Americans sneaking into Mexico or Canada to steal JOBS from those legal residents are just as bad as the illegal aliens coming here from MEXICO. There is no difference between lawbreakers coming here illegally from other countries and those of you doing the same thing by crossing their borders illegally. Arizona must do what is right for legal Arizona citizens without any regard whatsoever for illegal aliens and those of you pandering to the Open Border Lobby.

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Arizona is trying hard to make their latino population go away.

The latino studies are not teaching an overthrow of the American government.

That is what the governor of Texas is talking.

The textbook for Latino studies is written on a brown paper bag.

You have studied it every time you studied the hsitory of the US.
The ending of these classes is intended as an insult to the latino population of this state. It is its ONLY purpose

Did they END football?

did they END art class?

Because America is made up of people from all ethnicity and we cannot possibly have a class in EACH ethnicity. Why not just teach American history, or world history? You want to learn specifically about Mexican history, get yourself a book on Mexican history and learn it yourself. I actually went to Mexico and took classes there on Mexican Indian studies. Those classes weren't offered here. That's not the reason I went, only one of the things I did while I went to college there for several months. Interesting side note, many of the things I learned about the Aztecs has now been proven wrong. How do I know this? By watching documentaries, reading books..not from public education paid by our tax dollars.

I'm still waiting for my sister in law, a naturalized American, to sue some company for offering a button to get Spanish but no button to get Thai. It's criminal. Either we eliminate the Spanish option, or we offer the same option for every other language in the world, anything else is bigoted.

Get a grip. The Mexicans are not the only immigrants in this country...to continue to treat them with special rights in an insult to all the other immigrants in our nation.

Forum List

Back