how would you feel if a global warmist taught your kids science

Discussion in 'Education' started by whitehall, Jan 29, 2011.

1. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,780
    Whoops, global warmists are in charge. The alleged science of global warming is being unraveled as we speak as a political scam but the teachers are forced to teach the questionable science or face diciplinary action from the feds and the teachers union.. Are our kids being taught to substitute political opinion and ideology for absolute evidence? Are kids forced to accept political dogma and NOT question authority? What a difference a generation makes. No wonder we are producing a bunch of robots who just manage to pass government science standards.

2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,962
    ALL Science is "questionable" to the right wing.

6%

3. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,780
    There was a time when the earth was flat and a demon lived at the speed of sound. It was science. Today's kids are taught at an early level not to question liberal dogma and college kids are kicked out of school when they question global warming.

4. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,719
    The local school thinks it needs to teach about condoms so I guess they might as well teach about global warming... Whatever the feel good, politically correct popular thing of the moment is will most likely be taught by the liberal school teachers.

5. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,780
    College campuses used to be a haven for intellectual discussion and anything was fair game in the search for truth and meaning. Today they are closed minded fearful Marxist places where students are afraid to speak out for fear that the subject is on the list of restricted topics. Students are encouraged by college faculty to commit assault on conservative speakers. Almost every single conservative speaker including David Horowitz and 90 pound Ann Coulter has been assaulted at one time or another on US college campuses by pies in the face or other noxious material. Left wing speakers are given courteous treatment.

6. JamesInFlorida

JamesInFlorida Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    I went to a pretty "liberal" university where I'd guess around 85% of the time I'd have no clue what their political or personal beliefs were. The other 15% most of them were liberal-but not all. I'm pretty moderate, and when I'd write about controversial things that question the liberal views-I never had any points taken away due to my views. Not once.

A lot of my friends were Republicans, and conservatives who never had any sort of punishment academically due to their beliefs.

And I never saw a SINGLE violent, or hazing acts. Sure you'd see several protest or rallies for all kinds of things (both left and right), but I never saw one instance of anyone so much as getting pied, or threatened.

Also when Karl Rove spoke there there was a VERY VERY small amount (about 15-20) of students who protested, most just had a sign and stood outside. We never even had a serious liberal political guest speaker that wasn't a comedian (in all fairness John Edwards was going to come-but canceled).

edit: and I graduated not even a year ago.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  7. psikeyhackr

psikeyhackr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +71
    That would be better than having a MORON teach the class.

The trouble is that so many people don't comprehend the difference between BELIEVING and UNDERSTANDING. Believers assume that people who disagree with them are also BELIEVERS. Science is not about BELIEF.

Sciece is more often about PROBABILITY because there is usually a factor of uncertainty even if only because the data is almost always incomplete. The universe does not hand us information on a silver platter, it is more like pulling teeth. But that does not mean data can be ignored because we don't like it.

Find the short story, The Cold Equations by Tom Godwin.

psik

8. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,446
    'if'?

hahaha

it is every parents' duty to point out how social, political and scientific fads are temporary. there are few subjects that are black and white and kids do much better knowing that there are huge uncertainties in many things they are taught.

9. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,780
    You never saw it so....it never happened? What kind of education did you get james? Google "conservative speakers assaulted on campus" and you get 956,000 hits. Pat Buahanan, Ann coulter, Bill Kristol and David Horowitz have been assaulted. Being hit with a pie is assault even if the left calls it a "joke". Horowitz has to have a bodyguard when he gives a talk on campus.

10. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,780
    Aside from the threat of assault there is a fact of life on college campus that we have all come to accept without question. Demonstrations are only promoted against conservative speakers. You will never see a demonstration against a radical leftist or liberal speaker. It's the way the system works and it is indicative of the left wing agenda in institutes of higher learning.