Ariz. sheriff: I'll jail immigration protesters

Illegal Immigrants

Sherrif Connor er....ah.....Arpiao didn't make that distinction. He said 'protesters' and that's the key item here.

No, he was a little more specific than just saying "protesters" he said anyone who is breaking the law by "blocking" access to his jail. Which is an arrestable offense at a protest.

Rick

Ah... so the libs are picking and choosing what laws they think should be enforced?

I got it now.

To clarify: I'll man up and admit I read that article wrong at first. Due to the OP's spin, I thought that he would be jailing protesters in general. Hence my original reaction. I find anyone who would jail just protesters to be wrong and against the first amendment.

However, while I hope Joe Arpaio does enforce the law and leave at that. I would not want this man as my sheriff due to his record and what he's done in the past.

To clarify: I'll man up and admit I read that article wrong at first. Due to the OP's spin, I thought that he would be jailing protesters in general. Hence my original reaction. I find anyone who would jail just protesters to be wrong and against the first amendment.

However, while I hope Joe Arpaio does enforce the law and leave at that. I would not want this man as my sheriff due to his record and what he's done in the past.

He has enforced the law. What do you not like that he has done?

I appreciate your clarification. Good to know there are people around here honest enough to admit mistakes.

I don't necessarily agree with you on Sheriff Joe, but that's a discussion for another time.

Rick

A little bit of power in the wrong hands.. The guy sounds like an idiot already and may end up in jail himself if he isn't careful.

A little bit of power in the wrong hands.. The guy sounds like an idiot already and may end up in jail himself if he isn't careful.

Yes, God forbid a sheriff should arrest people for actually, you know, BREAKING THE LAW.

Rick

Yes, God forbid a sheriff should arrest people for actually, you know, BREAKING THE LAW.

Rick

Protesters are automatically breaking the law? Does AZ believe in anything constitutional anymore?

Rick

Protesters are automatically breaking the law? Does AZ believe in anything constitutional anymore?

No one said protesters were breaking the law, not even the sheriff. What he said is he'd arrest anyone who does break the law at a protest by blocking the entrance/exit to the jail. Which is an arrestable offense at ANY protest.

Point out to me where he said that a protester was automatically breaking the law just by protesting.

Rick

Controversial doesn't mean illegal, unethical or immoral

You should probably click on the link and see how he's under investigation by the DoJ and FBI for his abuse of power. Never mind the list that is a mile long of people who accuse him of abusing his power simply because they stand his path. May they be political opponents in elections or people who speak out against what he's doing.

You should probably click on the link and see how he's under investigation by the DoJ and FBI for his abuse of power. Never mind the list that is a mile long of people who accuse him of abusing his power simply because they stand his path. May they be political opponents in elections or people who speak out against what he's doing.

When he's convicted, get back to me.

Rick

No one said protesters were breaking the law, not even the sheriff. What he said is he'd arrest anyone who does break the law at a protest by blocking the entrance/exit to the jail. Which is an arrestable offense at ANY protest.

Point out to me where he said that a protester was automatically breaking the law just by protesting.

Rick

The title of the thread:

Ariz. sheriff: I'll jail immigration protesters

He has enforced the law. What do you not like that he has done?

Without going into massive tl;dr detail:

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The man constantly abuses his power in general from what I've read.

Hold on, Hold On:

In February 2007, Arpaio instituted an in-house radio station he calls KJOE.[18] Arpaio's radio station broadcasts classical music, opera, Frank Sinatra hits, patriotic music and educational programming. It operates from the basement of the county jail for five days a week, four hours each day

:eek::eek::eek:

Shit, Lone Star, how can you be SO BLIND TO ABUSE OF POWER!!!:doubt:

Forum List

Back