Ariel's Olympics

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a pro-globalization tale inspired by the Hans Christian Andersen story The Little Mermaid, which I think can be well-translated into a politics-consciousness 'vanity-mirror' for international relations.

This little story is dedicated to First Lady Melania Trump who I think is more interested in commerce-related etiquette and diplomacy than people give her credit for, and after all, don't we want to understand how First Ladies (e.g., Jackie Kennedy, Laura Bush, Hillary Clinton, Eleanor Roosevelt, [etc.] inspire in us some beneficial 'governance-IQ idealism')?

I like wedding politics to bedtime-stories (e.g., War and Peace). I think it's the only thing that will redeem 'TrumpUSA.'

Incidentally, here's a YouTube link (still-up) to a Richard Chamberlain-narrated rendition of Andersen's rather humanist story.

Enjoy!

====

m1.jpg

Ariel the mermaid made a deal with the evil sea witch Ursula to obtain a human body so she could win the affections of a human prince named Eric. However, when Eric refused her offer of marriage (because she couldn't sing) and chose an equally beautiful woman (who could sing), Ursula demanded Ariel be her soul-prisoner forever (as a payment!). Fortunately, Ariel's two mermaid-sisters Andra and Teela witnessed the entire ordeal and intervened on Ariel's behalf by telling Ursula that Ariel could serve as a humanoid 'witness' of Olympic games on Earth and provide Ursula reports about man's wondrous athletic achievements.

olympiad.jpg

Ursula was thrilled at the idea and decided to grant Ariel the mission to pardon her soul from purgatory. Ariel was stationed in Athens, Greece where she served as a witness of the Summer Games and though she never aged, she grew more and more wise about the triumphs of men in sports and provided her sisters Andra and Teela with her 'Olympics-reports,' so Ursula's rage and bloodlust would finally and forever be subsided. Ariel became an avid lover of sports and decide to write a series of poems about the sheer beauty and pageantry of peaceful athletic competition which exorcised mens' yearning for aggression without catering to destructive violence. Ariel effectively became the 'mermaid-humanoid angel of the Olympic Games'!

merm1.jpg

Today, on the shores of the beautiful beaches on Earth, you can still see mermaids bathing on rocks (though hiding from plain-sight) every time the Summer Games approach, and sometimes, you hear the soft sounds of female voices singing. Those are the mermaids singing about Ariel and what she did to forever stamp the Olympics as penultimate testaments of the splendor and magic of globalization-promoting international events such as the G7 Summit, the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), and of course, the Summer Games. This mermaid-beach 'shamanism' of the Summer Games, however, became the secret 'global-joy' of First Lady Melania Trump (wife of U.S. President Donald Trump!).

====

:wine:

Forum List

Back