Are you that kind of person?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cowman, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Cowman

Cowman Cows Have Liberal Minds

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +713
    Okay, so a gourmet restaurant produces several gigantic pots of soup every day. These are exquisite soups made with fine ingredients and produced by very talented chefs. You pay a pretty penny to enjoy these soups for lunch or dinner, because you enjoy good food and you like to treat yourself.

The restaurant typically doesn't sell all of their soup in a day and they have a policy of offering the soup every night to a local soup kitchen.

People down on their luck, the mentally ill, homeless, dregs of society and whoever else comes through that soup kitchen gets to eat and consume what you pay handsomely for in the restaurant. They eat what you did and pay nothing for it.

Are you the kind of person who gets upset about that sort of thing?

2. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,352
    No. Are you?

3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,700
    true story asswarp. we once had a very giant fish fry at our church.. we had tons of left over cole slaw, fish, rolls, tea, and baked beans, we call the local homeless shelter and offered the left over food to them, guess what? the fucking local government has rulez against that,, so we had to throw it all away

4. Cowman

Cowman Cows Have Liberal Minds

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +713
    No. I think it's a great thing. Donating food for the homeless is spectacular... and if that food is gourmet, all the cooler.

5. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,430
    Actually no. I'm glad that the restaurant gets to actually use the food for some good rather than just wasting it. If you've got the bucks to stop in during business hours and eat, go for it, I'm pretty sure that the ambience of the restaurant is better than that of the soup kitchen.

But don't begrudge those who are the recipients of that charity.

True story.................Ocean Coffee Roasters in Newport RI made fresh bagels DAILY, and those that were left over went to the local soup kitchen.

However................................

If you were lucky enough to be there 10-15 min before they closed? They'd give you a free bag of 6 bagles to take home. I know, because I did that on a regular basis.

Only trouble is, whenever I went there to get some freebies, there was rarely anyone there doing the same thing I was. So, I guess the best thing to do would be to find out if they throw them out, then find out where they go, and see if you can score some freebies for yourself.

And no.................don't begrudge someone getting something good for free, especially if it isn't coming directly out of your pocket.

6. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,710
    Nope.

7. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,700
    but it's fucking A okay with you loonatics to begrudge people what they've worked their asses off and earned for themselves hey? you guys are such tools.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,430
    Restaurants have different standards that they are held to (and much higher) than those of a local fish fry, so yeah...................they probably said that you couldn't donate it because of the possibility of contamination and health issues.

Besides...........if something WAS wrong, how would they hold the church accountable for making people sick? They can do that with restaurants.

9. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,700
    so none of us got sick and the homeless went without all because you fear lawyers.. got it.

10. ABikerSailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,430
    If they pay an income tax that is HALF of what I pay, yeah............I begrudge them, because they should pay the same rate (at least) as what everyone else does.