Are you sending your kids to "Government" Schools?

mike.redd1266

Jul 17, 2013
People say public schools are “one of the best parts of America.” I believed that. Then I started reporting on them.

Now I know that public school — government school is a better name — is one of the worst parts of America. It’s a stultified government monopoly. It never improves.

Most services improve. They get faster, better, cheaper. But not government monopolies. Government schools are rigid, boring, expensive and more segregated than private schools.

I call them “government” instead of “public” schools because not much is “public” about them. Members of the public don’t get to pick their kids’ schools, teachers, curriculum or cost.

By contrast, supermarkets are “private” yet open to everyone. You can stroll in 24 hours a day. Just try that with your kid’s public school. You might be arrested.
Source: Rare.us | Escaping ‘government’ schools

Public schools used to be the best but they are now babysitting services for parents to go to work. As a graduate of public schools my whole life i can attest to all of these facts. It is said to see how bad public schools are these days.

As a recent college graduate, a few of my friends became teachers. with in their first few weeks of teaching they have noticed that there is only so much they can do. Budgets are horrible, mandatory curriculum are lacking, and the list can go on.

We need to fix our education system!

My friends that are teachers/coaches do not complain. One is a biology/girls BB coach. The other is my cousin, biology/football coach.
The school my youngest goes to is a good school. I volunteer for the school and all is well.
Not all schools in all states are the exact same.

Public schools suffer from:

Having to take all comers, regardless of ability, attitude, preparation, or parental support,

Endless mandates from the States, the Feds, and the School Boards, most of whom are populated by people with no real clue about education,

Limited ability to enforce discipline in its many forms (dress code, sanctions, grading - including failure),

Being run by government employees with virtual lifetime tenure, regardless,

A [fouled]-up culture that demeans hard work, excellence, and diligence.

With all this working against them, they don't do a bad job. With a moderate amount of effort and parental involvement, it's very possible to get a good education in most "government" schools.

Forum List

Back