Are You Self Actualized?

Are You Self Actualized? Do/are you.....

• embrace the unknown and ambiguous?

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • accept yourself, including your flaws?

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • unconventional, BUT, don't seek to shock or disturb?

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • motivated by growth, NOT needs?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • NOT trouble by small things?

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • grateful

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • humble

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Self Actualized?

My parents used to punish me if they caught me

You don't need kids to qualify for medicaid or SNAP benefits, jackass. You just need to be poor.

Medicaid doesn't help feed you, and snap makes a childless person jump through more hoops than a dog show at the circus.
Bullshit. I personally know several childless people who got SNAP benefits. You're obviously simply America bashing because you're a Democrat and like the majority of Democrats you hate America.

For more than 3 months?
Yes. There is no time limit on SNAP or medicaid benefits like there is for cash assistance. IIRC here in Ohio cash assistance from the government is limited to 2 years for able-bodied people with no dependent children. There's local charity for women who are leaving abusive relationships. I do volunteer work for them, fix & maintain cars for them and let them use a few of my properties for temporary housing until they can get them placed in permanent housing. Oftentimes these women arrive at the shelter with literally nothing but the clothes on their back and no income. They quickly get them signed up for SNAP benefits all the time regardless of whether they have children or not. There is no "jumping through hoops" as Bulldog claims. He's FOS as usual.

View attachment 150552

Putting in that minimal effort is not what any reasonable rational person would describe as "jumping through more hoops than a circus dog". Every able-bodied person can easily meet one of those requirements long before 3 months. Those who refuse to should be red-flagged for a fraud investigation because they are most likely too busy working for cash to do it. Fraud is a gigantic burden on our social safety net.

Seriously, what kind of person in dire economic straits would refuse free education and training to go along with their free food? A fucking scam artist, that's who.

It is pathetic that we cannot have a discussion about self actualization without it becoming a whine fest about the poor.

Not everything is about the poor.

We do not have to wait until all the poor are NOT poor, before we can even DISCUSS self actualization.

People are not satisfied unless the conversation turns to what interests them. Such is life

Yes, and most are underfunded, and not able to meet the needs of the area they serve. Call your local food bank and ask them if they have everything they need. I'll bet they don't say yes. Lots of people go without the basic needs of life.
They really don't need to, I worked at a food bank at church, some were very picky.

Not sure what might have happened at the one food bank you worked at, but I'm pretty sure that most of the hunger in this country is not caused because the people are just too picky.
Well no, but think about this. Water fountains every where. Perfectly good food in trash cans at food courts. Third world countries would think it a feast
Then maybe you should give your lunch away to someone that needs it and YOU eat the "perfectly good food" in those trash cans. You know..take one of the team.

I swear, you are ignorant. I don't think you are stupid. Just flat out ignorant.

No, you are not listening. There are people in many other countries that would LOVE to have our leftovers. People are people right? What, are we (the US) entitled to better living standards on a humanistic level? If you think so, then, OK. I would gladly give my lunch to a person I felt truly deserved it (I need to diet anyway), but I don't get to pick and choose who I can help
You didn't answer my question.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN HOMELESS???

The fact that a few people are so fucked up that they have food issues, does not mean that the rest of us cannot have a discussion about self actualization.

Not everything is about the fucking poor.
Well EXCUSE us for talking about something important that has is not in line with your idiotic need to talk about yourself in..."actualization".

My biggest self actualization issue, right now, is creativity.

I have some outlets, and I have done some stuff along those lines, but I want to do more, but I have difficulty motivating.

The fact that a few people are so fucked up that they have food issues, does not mean that the rest of us cannot have a discussion about self actualization.

Well EXCUSE us for talking about something important that has is not in line with your idiotic need to talk about yourself in..."actualization".

Self examination is important.

And no one made you post in this thread. If you find introspection to be boring, you could leave it to people that feel differently.

Hell, some states even allow SNAP benefits to be spent at fast food joints. If you choose to buy a $5 hamburger with a mere quarter pound of beef rather than spending that $5 on a pound of ground beef at the grocery store perhaps a growling stomach towards the end of the month is the only thing that can convince you that you've made a poor choice.
IF they have a place to store that hamburger meat AND a place to cook it. And most homeless do not.

Self examination is important.

And no one made you post in this thread. If you find introspection to be boring, you could leave it to people that feel differently.
And no one is making you read that which takes away from your assinine need to pat yourselves on the back, either.

Self actualization. WTF does that even mean? New fangled bullshit for insecure people who need to find an excuse for their failings?

Self examination is importan
And no one is making you read that which takes away from your assinine need to pat yourselves on the back, either.

Actually off topic posts clutter up threads and discourage discussion on the topic.

It is not credible that you didn't know that.

And your need to insult me, over being a little introspective, is noted and laughed at.

I mean, really? You really can gin up an insult over THIS?

lol!!!!

Self actualization. WTF does that even mean? New fangled bullshit for insecure people who need to find an excuse for their failings?

If you don't understand what is being discussed, try listening. Maybe you will learn something.

LOL!!!

That was a joke.

It is pathetic that we cannot have a discussion about self actualization without it becoming a whine fest about the poor.

Not everything is about the poor.

We do not have to wait until all the poor are NOT poor, before we can even DISCUSS self actualization.

Then you need to discuss that with the OP. After all, the poor weren't an issue in this thread until she said in post #9

Even the homeless have basic needs met in the US

According to Maslow, this is the final stage in the hierarchy of needs. Are you there yet?

Herodotus wars about making such judgments during life.
He says it is impossible to know until after you consider the death as well as the years spent before death.

According to Maslow, this is the final stage in the hierarchy of needs. Are you there yet?

If they get rid of the ACA many will be at the bottom 2 rungs. All come and go. I feel much less safe now that T is president, with Masters at his side , as Masters is a warrior, that is all he has known is war. He lives for it. With what T said about Iran and NK at the UN, I feel very unsafe.

Well, if you can get creative with those feelings you would be self actualized....

Forum List

Back