Are You Self Actualized?

Are You Self Actualized? Do/are you.....

• embrace the unknown and ambiguous?

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • accept yourself, including your flaws?

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • unconventional, BUT, don't seek to shock or disturb?

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • motivated by growth, NOT needs?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • NOT trouble by small things?

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • grateful

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • humble

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
According to Maslow, this is the final stage in the hierarchy of needs. Are you there yet?

My secondary processor has a defective fusion power core and cannot actualize.

But why do we worry? Even the homeless have basic needs met in the US

No. Still lots of hungry people without shelter or basic healthcare. An emergency room will sew you up if you're bleeding, but they won't do anything for a diabetic.
Oh I bet there are systems in place for that. I didn't think of the healthcare aspect, but every city has food banks and shelters

Yes, and most are underfunded, and not able to meet the needs of the area they serve. Call your local food bank and ask them if they have everything they need. I'll bet they don't say yes. Lots of people go without the basic needs of life.
They really don't need to, I worked at a food bank at church, some were very picky.

No. Still lots of hungry people without shelter or basic healthcare. An emergency room will sew you up if you're bleeding, but they won't do anything for a diabetic.
Oh I bet there are systems in place for that. I didn't think of the healthcare aspect, but every city has food banks and shelters

Yes, and most are underfunded, and not able to meet the needs of the area they serve. Call your local food bank and ask them if they have everything they need. I'll bet they don't say yes. Lots of people go without the basic needs of life.
They really don't need to, I worked at a food bank at church, some were very picky.

Not sure what might have happened at the one food bank you worked at, but I'm pretty sure that most of the hunger in this country is not caused because the people are just too picky.

No theory is perfect but this one is close

Not sure what might have happened at the one food bank you worked at, but I'm pretty sure that most of the hunger in this country is not caused because the people are just too picky.
Well no, but think about this. Water fountains every where. Perfectly good food in trash cans at food courts. Third world countries would think it a feast

Well no, but think about this. Water fountains every where. Perfectly good food in trash cans at food courts. Third world countries would think it a feast

I never thought of that. All a hungry person in the US has to do is find a water fountain, and then dig through someone else's trash, being careful to separate the used diapers and tampons from that perfectly good bite that is left on that hamburger, wave the flies away from it, and brush the used coffee grounds off. Someone call the newspapers,I think you solved the problem.

I never thought of that. All a hungry person in the US has to do is find a water fountain, and then dig through someone else's trash, being careful to separate the used diapers and tampons from that perfectly good bite that is left on that hamburger, wave the flies away from it, and brush the used coffee grounds off. Someone call the newspapers,I think you solved the problem.
I said shopping mall. Do you have a better solution? Even restaurant trash...better than starving and many starving in other countries would love it. The US is spoiled

I said shopping mall. Do you have a better solution? Even restaurant trash...better than starving and many starving in other countries would love it. The US is spoiled

Yes. Dumpster Diving is the answer. We could even save money on our schools lunch programs. Just feed half the kids today, and let the rest stand by the trash can to get what's left, and feed the other half tomorrow. You're a genius at this kind of stuff.

Yes. Dumpster Diving is the answer. We could even save money on our schools lunch programs. Just feed half the kids today, and let the rest stand by the trash can to get what's left, and feed the other half tomorrow. You're a genius at this kind of stuff.
Thank you :thup:

The fact that a few people are so fucked up that they have food issues, does not mean that the rest of us cannot have a discussion about self actualization.

Not everything is about the fucking poor.

The fact that a few people are so fucked up that they have food issues, does not mean that the rest of us cannot have a discussion about self actualization.

Not everything is about the fucking poor.
I actually think many poor are quite content, those that aren't are bitter they are not getting a better free ride. I've not seen photos of cities of people with distended bellies from starvation in the US (just fat ones from eating junk food)

To me, being self actualized means being honest with yourself and being at peace with yourself and you choices. What more could anyone want?

To me, being self actualized means being honest with yourself and being at peace with yourself and you choices. What more could anyone want?

The graphic shows creativity as one of the goals. I struggle with that one. I have some interests in the direction, but never do as much as I want.

According to Maslow, this is the final stage in the hierarchy of needs. Are you there yet?

VERY interesting model. Also very popular, worldwide. I don't know how to vote, because I am at its lowest level and that including all its higher levels are progressively worse. I mean from the individuals point of view, in contrast to society.

Reality demands, that we consider that mortgage lending practices and property taxation invalidates the 2nd level "safety" for any western person, even including trust funds because it is an exposure and bad.

The belonging is historically a slave to master relationship, which traps both slave and master. Today it is the 7 or 2 year hype.

Self esteem is super tricky. Everything you do can turn out good one day and bad the next, and if a person gives you self esteem, it is as reliable as a human resources department promise.

And self actualization is the worst, that way you cause untold damage endlessly, without even realizing.

The best thing is to keep far away from these western needs. Even if you get big beatings for it. The whole universe would agree that the smaller the "footprint" you make, the better and more you have done. Can an American or any westerner accept those? I am a western guy too, but yet found no one.

OMG - Are you serious?

Plenty of hungry children and adults, hungry and homeless children in the US.

Plenty of employed people who are homeless. Not for nuthin that Walmart teaches their employees how to apply for food stamps.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Agree about health care too. People seem to think the poor can get true health care at the ER. I've even read that some believe Americans don't die for lack of health care.

If this latest version of trump care gets passed,my hey will gut Medicaid = a lot of people will die.

Including children with congenital defects (anti-choice don't care about children, only fetuses). Vets get medical care via Medicaid. So much for "supporting our troops".

Grampa and granny worked hard their whole lives but corporations take away earned pensions.

And on and on.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:

Forum List

Back