Are You Going to Hell?

I'm not really referring to discussing it in discussion forums. Just to clarify.
How many days of your adult life have had proselytizers knocking at your door? In all my adult life, I've had about four missionaries from the LDS church and four from Jehovah Witnesses. I've had more people show up wanting to sell me windows or solar panels.

Reading your posts, I don't think I'll take your word on what constitutes nutty.
Good call--considering you are one of my prime candidates for the title. Obviously, we see life very differently.

How many days of your adult life have had proselytizers knocking at your door?
Too many. But what mostly concerns me is religious people trying to codify their beliefs into law, and trying to inject their magical beliefs where they do not belong in education.

Last edited:
My life was wonderful after I got away from those people... I served my country, had a very good career, and started my own business.
Then why do you make it seem that what happened before has had the greatest impact on you and that you have never gotten over it, despite anything that may have happened in the rest of your life? By the way, most people feel that after they free themselves from childhood boundaries (whatever those boundaries may have been) feel their lives have been wonderful. Not many of us would choose to return to our childhood, not even a good childhood.

Tooany. But what mostly concerns me is religious people trying to codify their beliefs into law, and trying to inject their magical beliefs where they do not belong in education.
You should listen to students still in school. Most would agree there is really no need to spend time solving differential equations or balance chemical equations as these are not something they plan to use in their adult lives. Calling beliefs "magical" identifies an ignorance of religious philosophy--or any philosophy at all for that matter.

Then why do you make it seem that what happened before has had the greatest impact on you and that you have never gotten over it, despite anything that may have happened in the rest of your life? By the way, most people feel that after they free themselves from childhood boundaries (whatever those boundaries may have been) feel their lives have been wonderful. Not many of us would choose to return to our childhood, not even a good childhood.

Well, since we are on the religion thread, and I have no real religious experience after age 20 or so. Kind of hard not to talk about it in that context.

As I said, If I lived in a world where you kept your backward ass bronze age stupidity in your churches, It would have no impact on my life. Instead, you all go out and obediently vote in Republicans who then proceed to find new ways to make my life difficult with wars, and recessions and general asshattery.

Great. They should just keep it to themselves.
Have you considered that by coming into a religion forum you are not exactly giving us the opportunity to keep it to ourselves? We are not coming to you--you are coming here to us.
Astonishing delusion not mentioned in the forums rules as far as I can see. On the other hand if you want this to remain a mutual admiration society why put so much effort into misguided evangelism?

Yes, one of us thinks there is an invisible man in the sky who is going to punish her for thinking bad thoughts.
No. One of us thinks that the other believes she is going to be punished for bad thoughts. You missed by miles. Anyone who thinks he can read the thoughts of another over the internet has much bigger problems than if he were to believe in invisible men populating the sky.

You should listen to students still in school. Most would agree there is really no need to spend time solving differential equations or balance chemical equations as these are not something they plan to use in their adult lives.
Well kids are morons and are not equipped to make all their own decisions regarding their education and their futures. Furthermore, school is not just about learning how to differentiate an equation, but also about learning how to learn, how to think rationally, how to manage your time, and to give you the tools to pursue opportunities that may arise, virtually none of which do those idiot kids know are coming. So what you just said there is dumb and wrong, and that attitude is part of why this country is full of dumb people with poor rational skills.

Last edited:
As I said, If I lived in a world where you kept your backward ass bronze age stupidity in your churches, It would have no impact on my life. Instead, you all go out and obediently vote in Republicans who then proceed to find new ways to make my life difficult with wars, and recessions and general asshattery.
Most of my faith say they vote Democrat. Sorry the Democrat vote is making your life such a misery. I recommend reading more of the Bronze Age culture. A lot of wisdom there, perhaps because they were never in the rush we are in today.

A few bad nuns and priests is the excuse you offer for why you have turned yourself into a mean, clueless mirror image of those priests and nuns you despised?

Not at all. I've never molested an altar boy... slaughtered a heretic, collaborated with a Nazi, burned a witch ( I did fuck one for about a month), or started a crusade.

And they were all bad. This is what happens when you make your clergy a dumping ground for your sexual deviants.

As someone who attended both public and Catholic schools during my twelve years...they aren't that different. One taught religion and paused class whenever an ambulance happened by for a moment of prayer.

Wow... That was a useless activity.

Also, if there were any priests and nuns with homosexual leanings, they certainly were not as obvious as those few (and fine) teachers I came across in the public school system. I had a bad teacher in the Catholic school system--and I also had one in the public school system.

Well, no, all the Catholic Clergy were queer. The minute Little Timmy started singing show tunes, they carted his ass off to the seminary. This is why they are paying off so much money now, because when Little Timmy grew up to be Father Timothy, he was still the same 14 year old confused gay kid who didn't know nothing.
This is just plain silly. Although the Australian Commission into Institutional Child Sex Abuse exposed decades of pedophile assualts not all of them involved the same sex. Many priests/ministers/teachers etc were proven guilty of attacking both male and female members of their congregations. But hey, what do you expect from anyone raised from an early age to worship a God who tortures his own son who stangley is invariably pictured almost naked on the cross? Suffer little children to come unto me? Yeah, right.

Yes, one of us thinks there is an invisible man in the sky who is going to punish her for thinking bad thoughts.
No. One of us thinks that the other believes she is going to be punished for bad thoughts. You missed by miles. Anyone who thinks he can read the thoughts of another over the internet has much bigger problems than if he were to believe in invisible men populating the sky.

You are being disingenous again... the whole "Bad thoughts' is a major part of Catholic Doctrine. The whole "Sinning in your heart" bit, get yourself off to confession to tell Fr. McCreepy your deepest thoughts.

It's all part of the mind control...

Well kids are morons and are not equipped to make their own decisions regarding their futures. Furthermore, school is not just about learning how to differentiate an equation, but also about learning how to learn, how to think rationally, how to manage your time, and to give you the tools to pursue opportunities that may arise, virtually none of which do those idiot kids know are coming. So what you just said there is dumb and wrong, and that attitude is part of why this country is full of dumb people with poor rational skills.
That went right over your head. Moving on...

Well kids are morons and are not equipped to make their own decisions regarding their futures. Furthermore, school is not just about learning how to differentiate an equation, but also about learning how to learn, how to think rationally, how to manage your time, and to give you the tools to pursue opportunities that may arise, virtually none of which do those idiot kids know are coming. So what you just said there is dumb and wrong, and that attitude is part of why this country is full of dumb people with poor rational skills.
That went right over your head. Moving on...
No it didn't. Your tired old canard is older than dirt.

But hey, what do you expect from anyone raised from an early age to worship a God who tortures his own son who stangley is invariably pictured almost naked on the cross? Suffer little children to come unto me?
Which religion is this? It is distorted to the point that it is unrecognizable.

Calling beliefs "magical" identifies an ignorance of religious philosophy--or any philosophy at all for that matter.
No it doesn't. In fact, the opposite. It indicates an understanding of logic and empiricism, and the ability to differentiate between specious, magical beliefs and evidence based determinations. Your magical beliefs cloud your mind...you really, really think they are "special", and that is the sole source of your objection to the word "magical".

But hey, what do you expect from anyone raised from an early age to worship a God who tortures his own son who stangley is invariably pictured almost naked on the cross? Suffer little children to come unto me?
Which religion is this? It is distorted to the point that it is unrecognizable.
May I suggest you have a closer look at the core of your twisted theology?

You are being disingenous again... the whole "Bad thoughts' is a major part of Catholic Doctrine. The whole "Sinning in your heart" bit, get yourself off to confession to tell Fr. McCreepy your deepest thoughts.

It's all part of the mind control...
You should have paid better attention in religion class. Sin is an action. We watch our thoughts so that they do not lead to sinful actions. Confession is actual sins, ending with the assurance they are forgiven.

Forum List

Back