Are you a Godless American?

Are you a Godless American?

• Yes

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters
I think Dole was a jerk for making those comments but I didn't like Hagan's response. She sued because she thought Dole's pointing out her association with atheists was slander. She should have responded with "Yeah, I associated with atheists - so what?"
I realize that this is happening in a place where atheists are on the same level as lepers, however.
Actually, she was correct in her response of denial...

The party that was hosted was a fund raiser where senator kerry was also present, hosted by a famed Book Writer...WHOSE husband was the head of a PAC for Godless Americans. NONE of the money that was collected at this fund raiser went to the Godless Americans PAC or group and none of the people that donated money to the fund raiser did so in the "name of" the Godless Americans group. This was a fund raiser not related to Godless Americans at all....held in Boston at the book writer's house.

The husband of the Book Writer who hosted the event, wrote a campaign check for him and his wife, at the maxed out amount which was $2000 i believe....the devil is in the details....

So, Dole's ENTIRE ad was just a lie... is what i have read on it...

care

Last edited:
Even if the Godless Americans received none of the money, there is a general disdain for atheists and this is a typical example.

The problem I have with atheists is that they believe in an absolute: there is no god. I don't trust people who have closed their mind to all possibilities.

The problem I have with atheists is that they believe in an absolute: there is no god. I don't trust people who have closed their mind to all possibilities.

I am an atheist because I have not seen any evidence to point to the existence of any higher being. If proof were handed to me to show that god does exist, I would have no choice but to accept his existence (it would no longer be belief if his existence were proven). If you want to talk about possibilities, then the christian god is as possible (and plausible) as the idea that the Flying Spaghetti Monster rules the universe with his noodly appendages.

I am an atheist because I have not seen any evidence to point to the existence of any higher being. If proof were handed to me to show that god does exist, I would have no choice but to accept his existence (it would no longer be belief if his existence were proven). If you want to talk about possibilities, then the christian god is as possible (and plausible) as the idea that the Flying Spaghetti Monster rules the universe with his noodly appendages.

My dog denied the existence of cars and got run over by one. In the end, however, he was forced to believe in them.

What if you are agnostic? I really haven't defined myself yet and I keep changing my mind. I believe in a high being I think but I do not believe Jesus is what they say he was, like someone else on here said I think he was like a MLK jr type or Gandhi. I think it more of hope thing for me! ANd don't ever try to figure it all out when you are on mushrooms. I tried that once with a girl who doesnot believe in heaven and I became very freaked out. But I did figure out why people like Phish so much!

Why would it even matter if someone said "there is no god?" Did that person say specifically that YOU can't attend your church or follow your religion? People who "have a problem with" atheism and atheists never seem to be able to answer these questions. One has to wonder why that is.

My dog denied the existence of cars and got run over by one. In the end, however, he was forced to believe in them.

Show me evidence of god as solid as that car and there will be no further debate. You'd be the first in history.

Last edited:
hey man.. can you lay off the fucking BOLDED TEXT?

Is bolded text not allowed in this forum? Geez, I was totally unaware of that. You have my profound apology for ruining your life.

Is bolded text not allowed in this forum? Geez, I was totally unaware of that. You have my profound apology for ruining your life.

I'll remember that each time I reply to your posts and threads with size 7 text.

What if you are agnostic? I really haven't defined myself yet and I keep changing my mind. I believe in a high being I think but I do not believe Jesus is what they say he was, like someone else on here said I think he was like a MLK jr type or Gandhi. I think it more of hope thing for me! ANd don't ever try to figure it all out when you are on mushrooms. I tried that once with a girl who doesnot believe in heaven and I became very freaked out. But I did figure out why people like Phish so much!

Agnostics are very open-minded.

Why would it even matter if someone said "there is no god?" Did that person say specifically that YOU can't attend your church or follow your religion? People who "have a problem with" atheism and atheists never seem to be able to answer these questions. One has to wonder why that is.

My background is in Science (Semiconductor Physics, in particular). If a fellow scientist says he's an atheist, he has proven that he is not open-minded enough to be in this profession. However, if he says he's an agnostic, that's fine.

My background is in Science (Semiconductor Physics, in particular). If a fellow scientist says he's an atheist, he has proven that he is not open-minded enough to be in this profession. However, if he says he's an agnostic, that's fine.

The problem as I see it is in the semantics. I know they exist, but I have never met an "absolute" atheist. Even Dawkins says that there is some degree of possibility of the existence of a deity (although very slight in his estimation). I think it is more practical to describe one's stance within the context of its effect on your day to day life. I think agnostic is a very strange position, almost pointless as a descriptive term. Of course, everyone is an agnostic concerning the existence of a deity, because really it comes down to belief rather than knowledge- so no one "knows" there is or is not a god. The only way one can have absolute neutrality on what they think is the likely case is if they avoid thinking about the question all-together. Believing in a god may have a significant effect on decisions or perceptions one has during the course of their life. I would consider those who operate with the existence of god as their operational hypothesis theists, and those whose operational hypothesis leads to perceptions and decisions from materialistic considerations are atheists.

i'll take the real thing and listen to the Grateful Dead.

Forum List

Back