Are we together?

LOIE

Gold Member
May 11, 2017
I’ve seen videos and pictures of people helping each other deal with natural disasters. People point to these as proof that racism no longer exists in America. That we are now color blind and honestly, truthfully care for one another.

What I see in these particular incidents is shared pain and shared fear. In the extreme emotions of the moment, we totally forget everything but survival. We see others in the same boat and reach out to them so they can also survive. We do not stop to think about their skin color, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Our hearts take over. Our better natures take over. We respond immediately, without thought.

However, I believe when it comes to every day interactions with people who differ from us, we often let our minds take over. We analyze their actions, belittle their behavior, and criticize their choices. Because we have not seen or felt their pain. It has not affected us directly. We may even deny that their pain actually exists. We may not even accept that their day to day realities are very different from our own.

Maybe one day we will be able to reach out to each other in love without being pushed together by Mother Nature.

I’ve seen videos and pictures of people helping each other deal with natural disasters. People point to these as proof that racism no longer exists in America. That we are now color blind and honestly, truthfully care for one another.

What I see in these particular incidents is shared pain and shared fear. In the extreme emotions of the moment, we totally forget everything but survival. We see others in the same boat and reach out to them so they can also survive. We do not stop to think about their skin color, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Our hearts take over. Our better natures take over. We respond immediately, without thought.

However, I believe when it comes to every day interactions with people who differ from us, we often let our minds take over. We analyze their actions, belittle their behavior, and criticize their choices. Because we have not seen or felt their pain. It has not affected us directly. We may even deny that their pain actually exists. We may not even accept that their day to day realities are very different from our own.

Maybe one day we will be able to reach out to each other in love without being pushed together by Mother Nature.

Exactly. It took shared catastrophe for people to do what we should be doing every single day.

How do you know the people in those pictures don’t love their neighbors when there isn’t a natural disaster?

How do you know the people in those pictures don’t love their neighbors when there isn’t a natural disaster?
Fair question. It would actually be an interesting study of the before and after relationships. Each and every one of them might possibly be filled with love for their neighbors, but I can only look at the country in general and listen to the hate filled speech and come to the conclusion that there is still a lot of division and not much togetherness.

In places, yes. Tbh, I feel like Sly.

Last edited:

Fair question. It would actually be an interesting study of the before and after relationships. Each and every one of them might possibly be filled with love for their neighbors, but I can only look at the country in general and listen to the hate filled speech and come to the conclusion that there is still a lot of division and not much togetherness.

Then you're not a logical thinker.

I think she made a pretty fair assessment unkotare. Now we can do like you and try arguing from a micro level perspective or we can look at things from a macro level perspective and recognize that overall in this nation we do not have the kind of togetherness and unity shown in those pictures. Not until there s a tragedy. Or a war.

As long as there are democrats there will always be racists.

The lily-white movement was an all-white faction of the Republican Party in the Southern United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It battled and usually defeated the biracial element called the Black-and-tan faction.

During
Reconstruction, following the U.S. Civil War, black leaders in Texas and around the country gained increasing influence in the Republican Party by organizing blacks as an important voting bloc. Conservative whites attempted to eliminate this influence and recover white voters who had defected to the Democratic Party. The effort was largely successful in eliminating African-American influence in the Republican Party leading to black voters predominantly migrating to the Democratic Party for much of the 20th century.

The term lily-white movement was coined by
Texas Republican leader Norris Wright Cuney, who used the term in an 1888 Republican convention to describe efforts by white conservatives to oust blacks from positions of Texas party leadership and incite riots to divide the party.[1] The term came to be used nationally to describe this ongoing movement as it further developed in the early 20th century,[2] including through the administration of Herbert Hoover. Localized movements began immediately after the war but by the beginning of the 20th century the effort had become national.”

“This movement is largely credited with driving blacks out of the Republican party during the early 20th century, setting the stage for their eventual support of the Democrats.”

Now shut up.

what the pics prove is that the lefts constant hate fest about white southern people is mostly based on lies.

what the pics prove is that the lefts constant hate fest about white southern people is mostly based on lies.

Do you need some cheese?

Do you need some cheese?
fail

you know leftist lie about what's going on, focus on small groups like they are important, just to keep the hate going that got ramped up by Obama.

not one tv or radio station, worth it's salt, mentioned the klan or the Nazis until trump started running.

the violence is on people like you.

I honestly dont think whites as a group can do it. They are all about survival. Once the danger is over they go back to being racist.

The muds need to realize that Whites are not here to service them. Again , failure to launch.

I honestly dont think whites as a group can do it. They are all about survival. Once the danger is over they go back to being racist.
Very true.

You put all the ppl in the world into a pot n mix them up, out would pop a black man or woman.

That fact burns them. There is a reason white men used to castrate black men n then put the dk in there mouths.

That is why black men r always on there mind.

It's the genetic dominance of the black male.

The fact that any woman a black man puts there seed into out would come a black person. White men can only reproduce themselves with their women.

When the groid got castrated ; he raped

In an Advanced White Society ; such a scenario would never exist. Home rule for the colored ; let them deal with their own

Posts like the two above are why this forum is nothing more than a shit-flinging pit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back