Are we all guilty of this as NFL fans?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
"Thinking a NFL game is over if your team is up 21 pts"

I had to learn that big lead are never safe in the NFL because of the way a team can score in bunches. How many of us thought the game was over when our team was up 21-0? The lead looks huge but when you think about how the other team can score a TD and a FG to cut to 21-10, So right there the lead has been reduced to 11 pts that quick. Just like last year when the Pats were down 24-0 at the half and most thought Denver won the game. But the Pats came right back after the half because of the 2 TD's that led to 14 pts which reduced the lead to 10. Plus a team has the option of scoring on a 2 pt conversion to make two TD's count for 16 pts. So I no longer get caught up in what happens in the 1st half because a NFL game is never over until the clock says 0:00. I had to learn the hard way when my team blew big leads and had chest pains the rest of the evening. I know I am not the only who thought the game was over when my team lead by 21 or more pts

I never think an NFL game is over if the team for which I root is up by 21 or more points, if it's only the first game of the season.

Any team can win on any given Sunday.

But any team can win especially on the first two Sundays of the season.

I never think an NFL game is over if the team for which I root is up by 21 or more points, if it's only the first game of the season.

For years I thought 21-0 meant.......WIN. But I seem to forget that a TD and FG adds up to 10 pts which reduces the lead to 11

the last shart scout said:

fbj said:
For years I thought 21-0 meant.......WIN. But I seem to forget that a TD and FG adds up to 10 pts which reduces the lead to 11

No offense, but it sounds to me like you took a few too many helmet-to-helmet hits back in the day, holmes.

Just sayin'. :badgrin:

the last shart scout said:

fbj said:

No offense, but it sounds to me like you took a few too many helmet-to-helmet hits back in the day, holmes.

Just sayin'. :badgrin:

I am talking about when I was first getting into football as a teen. after my team went 21-0 I started looking forward to the next game lol

Any team with R. Wilson, M. Lynch, P Harvin, R Sherman, K. Chancellor, E. ThomasIII, B. Maxwell, B. Wagner, Z. Miller, R. Lockett, D. Baldwin, J. Kearse on it.

Forum List

Back