Are Trump supporters more delusional than the average republicans?

Faith is a powerful thing. You give a man faith and there is no telling what that man can do. Trump represents faith in self and faith in America. Faith and men built Hoover dam and the Panama Canal or the Alaskan pipeline. A little bit of tech and a whole lot of sweat. But it won the day and one only has to go see those projects to PROVE it.

I have faith that within a month or two, the RNC will tell you to quit following Trump, and you will claim you never really liked him anyway.
I have faith that in a month or two, DarkFury will try to deny that he was ever for Trump.

I heard a bit of Hannity yesterday, and he was talking about how Trump's position on abortion has "evolved". He was very tolerant, understanding and appreciative of Trump's sincere and thoughtful evolution on that issue. Of course, had a Democrat candidate's "evolution" gone in the opposite direction, he would have been all over it as a dishonest "flip flop", and I couldn't help but wonder if that obvious thought had occurred to either Hannity or his fans. At any point. Even for a moment.

Hardcore partisan ideologues can talk themselves into pretty much anything within ten miles of reason, and I mean that literally. This inexplicable devotion to Trump, requiring some pretty impressive intellectual gymnastics, is just the latest example.

It seems pretty inevitable to me that at some point this guy is going to fizzle out or implode or explode, most likely in pretty spectacular fashion. The reaction of his devotees will be yet another fascinating psychological / sociological / anthropological study of hardcore partisan ideology.

Political "side" irrelevant. They're so delightfully similar in that way.

self-examination is not one of sean hannity's skills.
Very true.

Does anyone else see the irony in the people who elected a man President based on nothing other than the catchphrases yes we can and hope and change calling others delusional?

That's a problem the right has. You think he was elected based on a catch phrase, because that is what you base your vote on. You don't understand or even recognize someone being elected based on his stated goals, and stated plans to reach those goals. That is why he was elected ....twice......but you didn't even realize what was happening.
We all realized what Obama was about that is why we didn't vote for him unlike the left who based their vote on his catchphrases and pretty speeches. We also know what Trump is all about which is his ego and self promotion which is why he won't be the Republican nominee.

Forum List

Back