Are there USMB conservative Republicans who DISLIKE the Tea Bagger/Partier movement?

I would like to know why you think you deserve a reasoned response when you start a thread by insulting the TEA Partiers? Does that not make you a fucking idiot? I believe it does.

And I would like to know why people insist on using this lame tactic of making posts to inform us that they won't be posting on this thread?

Because that comes across as fairly fucking idiotic too.

Yes there is. That's why the neoconservative philosophy supports the former.

And yet, when they got into power, that's not what they did.

It's a no brainer to try and create a stable government upon destroying a nation in a war. World War I and the sequel demonstrated that.

Even then it's dicey. We had good cause to go into Afghanistan. Now we are faced with the difficult situation of trying to impose federalism on a nation that has been tribal for as long as it has existed.

It's also a no brainer that going to war to try and impose self determination on a group of people who haven't signed on to that notion is a recipe for disaster.

We'll be lucky to get out of Iraq without being even more bloodied. As soon as we leave, Iran will go to work to try and split the nation and make a land grab that they couldn't accomplish while Hussein was there. The second we set foot into Iraq, we strengthened Iran considerably, and the circumstances and facts over the past six years support that.

Like most political philosophies, "neo-conservatism" briefs well, but is not grounded in any sort of reality.
No one said it is perfect, and as you said, no political philosophy is.

Thus, it is no better or worse than any other. Yet, it does stir up quite a few emotions. Regardless, even in real life, I offer up the fact that, of all the political philosophies I have considered, this one is the best fit with my views.
.... And again, It's unfair to the soldiers who didn't sign up with the idea of being an permanent expeditionary force that spreads democracy.
Even after I explained the neocon philosophy, you believe what you want to believe about it. It's the common thing to do, though.

That's a pretty flippant dismissal of what the neocons did when they got into power.

Thus, it is no better or worse than any other. Yet, it does stir up quite a few emotions. Regardless, even in real life, I offer up the fact that, of all the political philosophies I have considered, this one is the best fit with my views.

Fair enough, you are obviously entitled to your beliefs.

Even after I explained the neocon philosophy, you believe what you want to believe about it. It's the common thing to do, though.

No, I believe what I witnessed with my own two eyes. The "neocons" were desperate to try their political science experiment in Iraq. Thus, they found a way to get us into that mess. There was no diplomacy, there was just a dogged determination to find a way to "spread democracy".

My basic point in regard to the military is that it is not fair to fundamentally change their mission on them and tell them to STFU and follow orders. So if we are going to adopt "neocon" thought as our official foreign policy, it's only fair to allow servicemembers to reconsider.

Like I said, I never had any intention of dying young so some Iraqi could enjoy the "merits of democracy".

Stainmaster, I am a registered, card-carrying Republican and have been since like 1985. I qualify as a "conservative" in some POVs and not so much in others. I dislike the undercurrents of some Tea Baggers' events/rhetoric but no party is perfect. After all, the RNC is run by Michael "sucks to be black" Steele.

All in all though, I think if the Tea Baggers swept away the RNC and became the Other Party, it would be great for this nation. And besides, people who likely never bothered to get off their asses and protest before are rable rousin'...and that's almost always a VERY good thing.

The future of the TB Movement depends largely on whether a qualified and effective candidate emerges and unifies them. Mebbe Jesse Ventura? And they have GOT to lose Pailn....they cannot go anywhere if their star is hitched to Bozo the Clown.

Thank you for your well though out, non-emotional post.

Was that a snotty reply or a compliment? Cue me in Stainmaster, LOL.

This was a sincere compliment. When I sit down with my other set of grandparents, they are Reagan conservatives, and have rational thoughts to support their political preference.

As you can see from two of the posts above, the flavor of this thread is being attacked by a fellow who falsly points to civil rights leaders as bigots. When challenged to back his remarks, a made-up link appeared, and then disappeared just as fast.

This Tea Bagger/Partier stuff does nothing, but muddy up the water. I am going to ignore it, and hope that more people like yourself will point out that all conservative Republicans are not raving, racist, Tea Baggers. I think conservatives still have something to offer, but your message is being lost due to these spoilers/Tea Baggers. I had and do hope this thread will offer more rational thought.

That's a pretty flippant dismissal of what the neocons did when they got into power.

Fair enough, you are obviously entitled to your beliefs.

No, I believe what I witnessed with my own two eyes. The "neocons" were desperate to try their political science experiment in Iraq. Thus, they found a way to get us into that mess. There was no diplomacy, ....
As there was over 12 years of failed diplomacy, your premise is false. Nothing else follows because of that.

Which civil rights leader was labeled a bigot?

Several, including former President's Harry Truman who stood up for blacks in the military and tried to bring up segregation during his administration. Also, President Lyndon Baines Johnson who made the Voter Rights Act and Civil Rights Act law. There were also a number of lesser known figures.

Based on my readings anti-human rights sentiment, especially against women, might well have been true of Presidents Warren G. Harding, Woodrow Wilson, and Calvin Coolidge.

I kind of got sucked into this Tea Bagger/Partier issue because a poster labeled one of America's civil rights leaders as a bigot. I am not sure, but I may have been pulled into the Tea Bagger/Partier thing because I am an Independent.

Regardless, I have yet to recognize a conservative Republican who has spoke out against the Tea Baggers/Partiers. If you are out there this thread is for you. I know I would like to know what you think.

republicanlogo.jpg

I would like to know why you think you deserve a reasoned response when you start a thread by insulting the TEA Partiers? Does that not make you a fucking idiot? I believe it does.

Fair point, California Girl, as I stated earlier I kind of got sucked into this Tea Bagger/Partier thing because of racist remarks against civil rights leaders. That poster is in this thread doing more of the same.

Then the issue got emotional, and I am willing to share some responsibility for that. At least I tried to be polite and stayed within the USMB rules, which is more than they did.

You know the down-hill spiral these threads can get on. The images of Tea Baggers/Partiers with tea bag hats, signs with racial slurs, serious threats against the life of TV reporter Anderson Cooper, the three conservative Republican organizations that created Tea Baggers/Partiers for political reasons - THE DANGERS OF TEA BAGGERS/PARTIERS BECAME SO OBVIOUS AND DID NOT NEED MY COMMENTS.

So, now this thread to try a clean slate - straight talk with the real conservative Republicans, and look at the similarity of attitudes toward Tea Baggers/Partiers among conservatives, independents, and liberals. All pretty much the same with negativity toward the Tea Baggers/Partiers.

And, that's another thing, in this thread I've purposely said "Tea Baggers/Partiers" instead of "Tea Baggers" and it has made no difference what so ever. This "insulting sexual tie-in" to the Tea Baggers is just a way to keep the subject off track. IF you Google them, it is listed under "Tea Baggers." I will in other threads refer to Tea Baggers as "Tea Baggers."

3445929457_66dfd82f53.jpg

Tea Baggers/Partiers are racist sore losers. End of post.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You can't handle an adult conversation.

Mainly because you come across as a two year old, so seated in their beliefs, that something just MUST be the way you describe simply because you said so.

I don't play that game. You want to have a conversation, bring your A game sport, otherwise keep your ass on the bench.

They're back.:talktothehand:

3917532296_3cb27af481.jpg

No, it's you who are the dumbass. Not them.

There is nothing racist, or sore-loser like in saying "It's the economy nit-wits" like that sign says...

Mainly because it IS the economy you fucking nit-wit.

Srsly, stop huffing paint.

Interesting post, how did you do that?

I quoted you before you decided to have second thoughts and go back and delete your post.

And now you're going to act innocent that you didn't say it. No one falls for it. Fuck you, you dishonest prick.

You can't handle an adult conversation.

Mainly because you come across as a two year old, so seated in their beliefs, that something just MUST be the way you describe simply because you said so.

I don't play that game. You want to have a conversation, bring your A game sport, otherwise keep your ass on the bench.

Who are you addressing in this post?

No, it's you who are the dumbass. Not them.

There is nothing racist, or sore-loser like in saying "It's the economy nit-wits" like that sign says...

Mainly because it IS the economy you fucking nit-wit.

Srsly, stop huffing paint.

Interesting post, how did you do that?

I quoted you before you decided to have second thoughts and go back and delete your post.

And now you're going to act innocent that you didn't say it. No one falls for it. Fuck you, you dishonest prick.

Uh, huh. Whatever you say. You are the man.:eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:
Fucking dumbass.

They're back.:talktothehand:

3444686355_faec655bf7.jpg

Evidently, here ends the adult conversation.

Somehow your posting the exact same post again makes it no less dumb than the first time you posted it.

You really DO need to stop killing what is left of your brain with whatever drugs you use.

I am high on the concept that all are created equal, and Tea Baggers are in the way of that idea by promoting bigotry. When is comes down to it, it is just that simple.
Tea Bagger = Racist

niggar-sign-tea-party.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back