Are there USMB conservative Republicans who DISLIKE the Tea Bagger/Partier movement?

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by Stainmaster, May 5, 2010.

1. Stainmaster

Stainmaster BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I kind of got sucked into this Tea Bagger/Partier issue because a poster labeled one of America's civil rights leaders as a bigot. I am not sure, but I may have been pulled into the Tea Bagger/Partier thing because I am an Independent.

Regardless, I have yet to recognize a conservative Republican who has spoke out against the Tea Baggers/Partiers. If you are out there this thread is for you. I know I would like to know what you think.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  2. Tom Clancy

Tom Clancy Clancy for Ron Paul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    You rang?

3. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    Dude....put a shirt on...Pleeeezzzz!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Stainmaster, I am a registered, card-carrying Republican and have been since like 1985. I qualify as a "conservative" in some POVs and not so much in others. I dislike the undercurrents of some Tea Baggers' events/rhetoric but no party is perfect. After all, the RNC is run by Michael "sucks to be black" Steele.

All in all though, I think if the Tea Baggers swept away the RNC and became the Other Party, it would be great for this nation. And besides, people who likely never bothered to get off their asses and protest before are rabble rousin'...and that's almost always a VERY good thing.

The future of the TB Movement depends largely on whether a qualified and effective candidate emerges and unifies them. Mebbe Jesse Ventura? And they have GOT to lose Pailn....they cannot go anywhere if their star is hitched to Bozo the Clown.

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  5. RadiomanATL

RadiomanATL Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    Tea party started out as a good idea. But like all such things in politics, it has been 80% co-opted by one of the major parties in order for the major party to get it's populist street cred back. Which, ironically, kinda ruins the movement.

So yeah, I'm against the Tea party, but not against their core beliefs. Smaller government (as a whole) and lower taxes.

6. Stainmaster

Stainmaster BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Thank you for your well though out, non-emotional post.

7. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Yes, there are. There are like five so-called "conservatives" on this board that I've determined are actually those liberal tea party crashers that try to make the tea parties look like a bunch of fat half-retarded redneck racists by saying blatantly racist things on USMB and then claiming that the movement isn't racist because they're apart of it. I've been thinking about notifying some of the tea party organizers about some of the fraudulent activities going on... :eusa_angel:

8. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,908
    I think the same thing I thought from your very first post: you're a fake, a poseur, an Obamaroid on the world's ass

Also, LBJ was a full blown cracker, redneck, peckerwood, racist. If you bothered to read anything at all about him you'd know that.

So that tells me that you're a fraud and are either committed to staying ignorant on LBJ or just fried your brain from snorting the Kool Aid. Ignoring the evidence of LBJ's racism does not make him any less of a bigot.

9. LuckyDan

LuckyDan Sublime

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +609
    Honestly I don't know much about the movement, other than it drives libs totally and completely batshit. So, yeah. I like it.

10. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,908
    Also, I can point to exactly where and how you outed yourself, but then that would make the next Jake Starke/Stairmaster just a little harder for me to spot.