Are There Grounds To Impeach Obama?

Ya, that would be nice to impeach Obama. I'd really like the kids to have a future in spite of all the arrogance, elitism, and self serving corruption of Obama and Democrats. Unfortunately, the media are a solid chunk of the 20 percenters who love Washington DC.

The way congress screws things up lately? An impeachment proceeding will likely end up with President Obama being allowed unlimited terms.

and that's why impeachment is a stupid idea. impeachment is an act of congress administered by congress, so by encouraging impeachment you'd just be encouraging the type of side show bs that already dominates congress. and then you're softening up the concept of impeachment for any congressional party to use it as a weapon any time they don't like the sitting president.

Our inept congress is by no means a reason why impeachment is a bad idea.
Impeachment is a bad idea as it is sending a message saying "if you dont think like I think, Im gonna get rid of you."

I disagree with most of President Obama's initiaitves, approach, ideology, intepretation of the Constitution and policies. But that does not mean I am right and he is wrong.

Do something illegal or something grossly unethical, THEN impeachment.

But becuase I disagree with him? Calling for an impeachment based on disagreement will compromise the integrity of of the process of impeachment.

Let the voters decide if he should go in 2012.

Why single out Obama? Let's kick 'em all out... from the empty suit down. Just for fun.

Because some of us go with experience. Imagine a federal government as fucked as the State of California''s government where term limits have produced a gang unaware of it's own history and with institutional memory, It can't get a friggin' thing done.

Sort of like going to a hospital full of pre med students.

plus, throw them all out and the real power will rest with the lobbyists, aides and hangers on instead of the elected. you may not like who gets elected. I don't usually, but I do respect the vote even as I have contempt for the voters.

you on the other have have just contempt and anger and frustration. they used to proscribe medicine for what ails you....:eusa_whistle:

Yep. No point thinking cause that might mean you disagee with Dante. Can't have that.

a wee bit sensitive are we?

:lol:

please, the moronic OP can only be explained because a chimp tried to think.

or maybe...just maybe, it is a conservative talking point?

A conservative talking point tha conservatives are actively opposing. that makes so much sense.

really? conservatives are actually opposing talk of impeaching Obama? where?

all this proves is you didn't get the memo about the circle jerk.

There have been numerous lunacies about possibly impeaching Obama. All (99.99999%) are form the conservative wing of American Lunacy.

Ive seen about 3 or 4 people actually clamoring for impeachment and those are complete partisan hacks. They are outliers. They dont represent conservatism. And pretending they do is intellectually dishonest.

I didn't say they represent conservatism, but they do represent a branch of the Tea Party and American conservatism.

:eusa_whistle:

Why single out Obama? Let's kick 'em all out... from the empty suit down. Just for fun.

Because some of us go with experience. Imagine a federal government as fucked as the State of California''s government where term limits have produced a gang unaware of it's own history and with institutional memory, It can't get a friggin' thing done.

Sort of like going to a hospital full of pre med students.

plus, throw them all out and the real power will rest with the lobbyists, aides and hangers on instead of the elected. you may not like who gets elected. I don't usually, but I do respect the vote even as I have contempt for the voters.

you on the other have have just contempt and anger and frustration. they used to proscribe medicine for what ails you....:eusa_whistle:

do you truly feel the federal government is doing a better job than the California legislature?

Would you say the US as a whole is in better shape than California?

If it is, it is by a very small margin.

So I repectfully disagree with you.

Zero grounds for impeachment.

The only modern impeachment was of Clinton (HOR imeachment, not final sentate trial impeachment) and for that they had to catch him lying under oath.

It was determined by the senate that the charge did not reach "high crimes and misdemeanors" and was not carried out.

You need a hard concrete law violation for impeachment. Anything else is totally political

(yes i know the Clinton Impeachment was political too)

as for clinton...lying to a grand jury...sexual harrasment of a federal employee or sodomy is neither a high crime or misdemeanor....

as for obama...he has done nothing worth of being impeached....

Except that the harassment suit was thrown out without merit and the lying under oath was only civil contempt.

Lying under oath is civil contempt for Clinton but perjury for Scooter Libby...libtard logic at work.:cuckoo:

Ive seen about 3 or 4 people actually clamoring for impeachment and those are complete partisan hacks. They are outliers. They dont represent conservatism. And pretending they do is intellectually dishonest.

I didn't say they represent conservatism, but they do represent a branch of the Tea Party and American conservatism.

:eusa_whistle:

And the left has PETA, Code Pink and the ACLU.

Shouldn't the conservatives who bitch and moan about the constitution being broken, support the ACLU who protects people's constitutional rights? Or they just claim to love the constitution when it comes to things they disagree with, all while ignoring it when things are done they agree with.

Another brilliant, insightful post by del, a true model on how everybody should discuss things on a message board :clap2:

In defense of Del, yours was a question that many on the left would laugh at.

It was a valid question, but most common sense americans on both the left and the right know exactly what the ACLU's agenda is.

ANd I have no doubt you do as well. So the question was rhetorical and trolling in my eyes. ANd I assume Del's eyes as well.

Another brilliant, insightful post by del, a true model on how everybody should discuss things on a message board :clap2:

In defense of Del, yours was a question that many on the left would laugh at.

It was a valid question, but most common sense americans on both the left and the right know exactly what the ACLU's agenda is.

ANd I have no doubt you do as well. So the question was rhetorical and trolling in my eyes. ANd I assume Del's eyes as well.

Yeah, many of the moron hacks on USMB would laugh, but I could give two shits what dishonest people have to say or what they laugh at. 90% of conservative posts on here are laughable nonsense

It's about protecting people's civil liberties.

But please, do tell us what their true agenda is.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
You can't impeach someone for being a left wing ideologue.

So no. You can't impeach the Prez.

Too bad.

The ACLU is our nation's guardian of liberty, working daily in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties that the Constitution and laws of the United States guarantee everyone in this country.

But I guess they have some secret, evil, liberal agenda, right?

Forum List

Back