Face The Facts: The President Inherited a Recession

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dante, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    HANNITY: "First of all, this president -- you know and I know and everybody knows -- inherited a recession...it was by every definition a recession" (11/6/02)

HANNITY: "Now here's where we are. The inherited Clinton/Gore recession. That's a fact." (5/6/03)

HANNITY: "The president inherited a recession." (7/10/03)

HANNITY: "He got us out of the Clinton-Gore recession." (10/23/03)

HANNITY: "They did inherit the recession. They did inherit the recession. We got out of the recession." (12/12/03)

HANNITY: "And this is the whole point behind this ad, because the president did inherit a recession." (1/6/04)

HANNITY: "Historically in every recovery, because the president rightly did inherit a recession. But historically, the lagging indicator always deals with employment." (1/15/04)

HANNITY: "Congressman Deutsch, maybe you forgot but I'll be glad to remind you, the president did inherit that recession." (1/20/04)

HANNITY: "He did inherit a recession, and we're out of the recession." (2/2/04)

HANNITY: "The president inherited a recession." (2/23/04)

HANNITY: "The president inherited a recession." (3/3/04)

HANNITY: "Well, you know, we're going to show ads, as a matter of fact, in the next segment, Congressman. Thanks for promoting our next segment. What I like about them is everything I've been saying the president ought to do: is focusing in on his positions, on keeping the nation secure in very difficult times, what he's been able to do to the economy after inheriting a very difficult recession, and of course, the economic impact of 9/11." (3/3/04)

HANNITY: "All right. So this is where I view the economic scenario as we head into this election. The president inherited a recession." (3/16/04)

HANNITY: "First of all, we've got to put it into perspective, is that the president inherited a recession." (3/26/04)

HANNITY: "Clearly, we're out of the recession that President Bush inherited." (4/2/04)

HANNITY: "Stop me where I'm wrong. The president inherited a recession, the economic impact of 9/11 was tremendous on the economy, correct?" (4/6/04)

HANNITY: "[President George W. Bush] did inherit a recession." (5/3/04)

HANNITY: "[W]e got [the weak U.S. economy] out of the Clinton-Gore recession." (5/18/04)

HANNITY: "We got out of the Clinton-Gore recession." (5/27/04)

HANNITY: "We got out of the Clinton-Gore recession." (6/4/04)

FACT: "The recession officially began in March of 2001 -- two months after Bush was sworn in -- according to the universally acknowledged arbiter of such things, the National Bureau of Economic Research. And the president, at other times, has said so himself." (Washington Post, 7/1/03)

As Everybody Knows, The President Inherited A Recession

:lol:

---

What is it about the right in America that makes them lie so blatantly, yet when it comes to truth -- Obama inherited an economic meltdown -- they spin and lie and deny?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. JenyEliza

JenyEliza Princess of Rhetoric

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +353
    Meh...I'm calling bullshit on your ass, Dante! Gonna hit you with some NegRep too. :evil:

3. JenyEliza

JenyEliza Princess of Rhetoric

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +353
    Dayam, dayam, dayam.

Why does it sound dirty to me every time I read that pop up message? :eusa_eh:

4. sherp

sherp Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have no doubt that Obama thought the job consisted of "flying around the world", bowing to everyone in sight and "Hail to the Chief" playing. The real aspects of the Job don't seem to interest him. The Job is a continuation since 1776. I hope we can all join hands, vote and relieve him of this burden ASAP.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  5. Jaaaman

Jaaaman Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Another liberal talking point from none other than Dante. lol

Another lefty that hates Hannity. Any surprise there? :lol:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,148
    I don't deny that the economy was going downhill when Obama entered office.

However, I don't excuse his responsibility for it now because:

1) He was a Senator when the economy took a downturn. You try to pretend he is not responsible for anything he did prior to becoming President. When it's clear Congress has just as much influence, if not more, than the President does in Economic matters.

2) No matter how bad the economy was when he inherited it, he has continually followed policies that will make the problem worse rather than actually help fix it. The idea that he isnt responsible for anything because he wasnt President when we first started going down is absurd.

Finally, I just have to say, grow up. I don't care when recessions started. I dont care about playing a blame game. I simply want to actually fix the problems facing America. If Obama adopted policies that encouraged and expanded economic growth instead of stifling it, I would whole heartedly support him. But he isn't. So I have to pray that he doesnt act in a way that totally destroys us before we get a chance to fix things.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  7. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    What a weird talking point, bullshit post. Can't you even make up one phrase yourself? Everyone of those phrases is straight off a cable show or a talk radio rant.

geesh

8. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Lefty? Hate Hannity? :lol:

:cuckoo:

9. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    Because you've a wrong mind?

10. momonkey

momonkey simianus restituo officiu

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37

BO also helped to cause that meltdown. Sen. McCain co-sponsored S.109 a bill that would have created a new regulator to replace ineffective and powerless OFHEO. We could have reined in the GSEs in 2006 had this bill not been met with a threatened Democrat filibuster. Maybe if BO were not in bed with JP Morgan and Goldman-Sachs he might have been more willing to support regulation of Clinton's unregulated CDOs.

Barack Obama: Campaign Finance/Money - Top Donors - Senator 2006 | OpenSecrets

Barack Obama: Campaign Finance/Money - Top Donors - Senator 2008 | OpenSecrets

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

Do you really believe the Democrats "forgot" to limit executive bonuses when they passed the bailout?