Are the Republicans finally getting it?

Oh so if your fellow Republicans disagree with you, THEY are the zealots, are they" Interesting.

Oh, and I do have to ask - in what solar system is sunlight only available for 6 hours per day? Secondly, who is talking about this technology as if it is going to REPLACE every other energy source?

Told you.. I'm not a Republican.. Doesn't score any points with me or replace my judgement and analysis.. Dont care much at all about "endorsements" when it comes to anything. But when the topic is science and technology --- doesn't matter AT ALL...

Have you never seen a daily production chart for solar? Most installations are FIXED and the angular acceptance is even WORSE than the chart I present below...

daily-solar-panel-prod-var.JPG

Note: The chart is INCIDENT RADIATION -- not output.. NOT adjusted for fixed angle.. The 70% points for production are about a 6 hour span.. For a COMMERCIAL generator -- that's a big fuckin deal..

As for your last "observation" about WHO is saying that solar is gonna REPLACE any other tech... Every idiot that got surveyed in the OP who call it an "ALTERNATIVE" or believes that it is.. That would be the MAJORITY of them..

Since the fuel is free (and clean), and the excess is sold to the grid, instead of just bled off the grid and paying for all of one's energy to some other source, how is that not an alternative?

Fact: Solar is here to stay and will only become more widespread in use. Get used to it.

Then why do these companies fail, even after bank rolled by the Gov't.........

Until the populace starts buying Solar in mass, it's all BS............

And that isn't going to happen until you cut the prices in half...................

Get back to me when that happens.

Oh so if your fellow Republicans disagree with you, THEY are the zealots, are they" Interesting.

Oh, and I do have to ask - in what solar system is sunlight only available for 6 hours per day? Secondly, who is talking about this technology as if it is going to REPLACE every other energy source?

Told you.. I'm not a Republican.. Doesn't score any points with me or replace my judgement and analysis.. Dont care much at all about "endorsements" when it comes to anything. But when the topic is science and technology --- doesn't matter AT ALL...

Have you never seen a daily production chart for solar? Most installations are FIXED and the angular acceptance is even WORSE than the chart I present below...

Note: The chart is INCIDENT RADIATION -- not output.. NOT adjusted for fixed angle.. The 70% points for production are about a 6 hour span.. For a COMMERCIAL generator -- that's a big fuckin deal..

As for your last "observation" about WHO is saying that solar is gonna REPLACE any other tech... Every idiot that got surveyed in the OP who call it an "ALTERNATIVE" or believes that it is.. That would be the MAJORITY of them..

Since the fuel is free (and clean), and the excess is sold to the grid, instead of just bled off the grid and paying for all of one's energy to some other source, how is that not an alternative?

Fact: Solar is here to stay and will only become more widespread in use. Get used to it.

It's not an alternative because SOLAR ALONE can't power a drive-thru coffee stand. It's a PEAKER technology.. A sometimes supplement.. NOT an alternative grid generator..

And when encouraged to be on the grid --- REALISTIC LARGE SCALE solar systems are far from green or free...

When the DEMOCRAT eco-nauts "finally get that" --- we'll be closer to evaluating REAL alternatives..

Last edited:

It's not an alternative because SOLAR ALONE can't power a drive-thru coffee stand. It's a PEAKER technology.. A sometimes supplement.. NOT an alternative grid generator..

And when encouraged to be on the grid --- REALISTIC LARGE SCALE solar systems are far from green or free...

When the DEMOCRAT eco-nauts "finally get that" --- we'll be closer to evaluating REAL alternatives..

Apples and oranges.

City: Solar energy generation exceeding expectations - Havasu News: News

In what way are we NOT already evaluating other alternatives? And what are those alternatives that you had in mind?

Then why do these companies fail, even after bank rolled by the Gov't.........

Conventional energy generators have never failed? Ever?

Apples and oranges.

In what way are we NOT already evaluating other alternatives? And what are those alternatives that you had in mind?

Take the unreliable sketchy shit OFF GRID and use it for desalinization, waste water treatment, FUEL PRODUCTION (hydrogen, biofuels)..

Develop small scale modular nuclear... Supplement with hydrogen produced OFF GRID by renewables..

Let's get back to the real deal here...........

When I drive around I simply don't see the Future.............
I see very very few solar power grids in homes.................
I've actually installed a few small ones at work........Yeah, I've installed them in the industrial field.......

That's the market place. They aren't selling..............Until you can do that, it doesn't matter at all.......

If you can get me a FULL HOUSE GRID system installed for 15k, with a 10 year guarantee on the equipment, as they all say they last 30 to 40 years anyway, then I'll put one in myself..........

Until then, it's simply not worth the cost. And the fact that the market isn't responding to your future is REALITY.

Apples and oranges.

Take the unreliable sketchy shit OFF GRID and use it for desalinization, waste water treatment, FUEL PRODUCTION (hydrogen, biofuels)..

Develop small scale modular nuclear... Supplement with hydrogen produced OFF GRID by renewables..

Considering that three car makers are bringing hydrogen fuel cell cars to market in the next two years, it looks like hydrogen is already being given serious consideration.

Though modular nuclear energy sources have great potential, they also have huge environmental and national security ramifications.

Is this it? I thought you had alternatives that no one is already considering because you believe solar is getting too much attention. Was I wrong? Do you not have any such alternatives?

Let's get back to the real deal here...........

When I drive around I simply don't see the Future.............
I see very very few solar power grids in homes.................
I've actually installed a few small ones at work........Yeah, I've installed them in the industrial field.......

That's the market place. They aren't selling..............Until you can do that, it doesn't matter at all.......

If you can get me a FULL HOUSE GRID system installed for 15k, with a 10 year guarantee on the equipment, as they all say they last 30 to 40 years anyway, then I'll put one in myself..........

Until then, it's simply not worth the cost. And the fact that the market isn't responding to your future is REALITY.

Actually, they are selling. That they aren't selling in your neighborhood is irrelevant.

Just so you cant' say that you've never seen a REAL hourly solar production chart....

weekly-solar-panel-production-august12.JPG

Six hours a day would be OVERLY GENEROUS for a realistic installation in England.. Pity the fool that bought GoldiRock's 5KW KMart special.....

Stupid ass. What is the lattitude of England? Of most of the US?

American Solar Wholesale | Quality You Can Count On

Wholesale Distributor of Solar Power Products and Renewable Energy Goods | AEE Solar

Affordable Solar - Solar Panels | Wholesale Solar | Solar Inverter

Sure seem to be a lot of dealers and manufacturers for something that is supposed to be a declining industry. Actually, I would like to have a bank account that was increasing at the precentage that the solar industry is installing new generation.

Considering that three car makers are bringing hydrogen fuel cell cars to market in the next two years, it looks like hydrogen is already being given serious consideration.

Exactly, so I ask you again, why do you need the government?

Gave you a couple viable alternatives. In fact -- ONE OF THEM applies wind and solar to a PROPER and efficient use of those technologies. What more do you want?

A home fuel cell powered with locally produced hydrogen OFF GRID IS an alternative.
Putting more sketchy sometimes shit on a BRAND NEW EXPANDED grid with Warehouses of toxic batteries to smooth them out is not..

Gave you a couple viable alternatives. In fact -- ONE OF THEM applies wind and solar to a PROPER and efficient use of those technologies. What more do you want?

A home fuel cell powered with locally produced hydrogen OFF GRID IS an alternative.

But not an alternative that is taking a back seat to solar, as you claimed.

Exactly, so I ask you again, why do you need the government?

Why did we need government when our electrical gird was first constructed? Why did we need the TVA? Or the Hoover dam?

Just so you cant' say that you've never seen a REAL hourly solar production chart....

weekly-solar-panel-production-august12.JPG

Six hours a day would be OVERLY GENEROUS for a realistic installation in England.. Pity the fool that bought GoldiRock's 5KW KMart special.....

Stupid ass. What is the lattitude of England? Of most of the US?

American Solar Wholesale | Quality You Can Count On

Wholesale Distributor of Solar Power Products and Renewable Energy Goods | AEE Solar

Sure seem to be a lot of dealers and manufacturers for something that is supposed to be a declining industry. Actually, I would like to have a bank account that was increasing at the precentage that the solar industry is installing new generation.

So Solar is NOT an alternative? For England? Or Germany? Or Canada or Russia? Cripes then.. There's a shitload of money being wasted there huh?

Sun shines nearly all day in an Alaskan summer.. Seems like solar paradise.. Why NOT England?

Here's your "bank account".. Taking the dead cat bounce..

flacaltenn-albums-charts-picture4631-kwtmarketyears.png

Never made that claim.. I don't make lists of crappy maybe stuff to power the grid with.
I do know for certain tho --- that the 2 decade old list of "greenie" alternatives doesn't include a single REAL alternative..

Not by the true definition of "alternative" as it applies to CURRENT grid generation technologies.

Never made that claim..

But you did:

Flacaltenn said:

Never made that claim..

But you did:

Flacaltenn said:

Gotta get them DEMS who are 'feared of science' to accept small scale modular nuclear as the brilliant solution to grid generation that it is.. THEY are the reason we are not LEADING the WORLD in producing small recyclable reactors commercially.

Same with them pushing for IMMEDIATE battery wagons as the choice for the transport sector. The market is being pushed BEYOND reason by their zeal and govt meddling. Which will contaminate FUTURE consumer opinion for BETTER SOLUTIONS to transport ----- like fuel cell vehicles in the near future.

The comment was about what these clowns are BLOCKING while they are peddling hopeless "alternatives"..

A 5 kw system, panels, wiring, and grid interconnect, can be had for under $10,000 at present, and under $5000 in the near future.

And nobody is telling you to get a system. That is your choice if you wish to be independent and power your own home and even your own vehicle.
U.S. Solar Market Insight | SEIA

U.S. Solar Market Insight
The U.S. installed 832 megawatts (MW) in Q2 2013, representing 15 percent growth over the first quarter of this year

You need 3 times that to power the average home............

The systems I've viewed are over 30k, plus install..........................

HowStuffWorks "5 Things to Consider When Building a Solar-powered Home"

Contrary to what most people think, the size of a solar-power installation has nothing to do with the size of the house it's powering.
Instead, it's all about two things: insolation, which we just discussed, and how much power you need. If you live in Albuquerque and you don't use much power, you need a smaller system. If you live in Chicago and run a circa-1980 electric furnace all day every day, you're looking at a lot more panels on your roof.
To get a very rough estimate of how big a system you need, look at your electric bill and figure out how many kWh you use per day. The average home in the United States uses about 900 kWh every month, or about 30 kWh per day [source: DOE]. Multiply that by 0.25 [source: GE]. We come up with 7.5, so we need a 7.5 kW system

For a couple of older people, in a smaller home using energy saving technology, leds, high efficiency appliances, a 5 kw system would be adaquete, a 10 kw system if you add an EV to that.

Never made that claim..

But you did:

Flacaltenn said:

Gotta get them DEMS who are 'feared of science' to accept small scale modular nuclear as the brilliant solution to grid generation that it is.. THEY are the reason we are not LEADING the WORLD in producing small recyclable reactors commercially.

Same with them pushing for IMMEDIATE battery wagons as the choice for the transport sector. The market is being pushed BEYOND reason by their zeal and govt meddling. Which will contaminate FUTURE consumer opinion for BETTER SOLUTIONS to transport ----- like fuel cell vehicles in the near future.

The comment was about what these clowns are BLOCKING while they are peddling hopeless "alternatives"..

OK. Lots of accusations. So what laws and who is blocking the adaption of small recyclable reactors? Who has them on the market ready to go? Who is leading the world in them, and where are they deployed?

Hopeless alternatives? What other businesses are growing at the rate of wind and solar generation? Not just here, but worldwide.

Forum List

Back