Are Sanctuary cities constitutional?

I live in a sanctuary city. Creating a sanctuary city and ignoring federal immigration laws, I would think 99% of us expect our local government was following our local ideals and OUR wishes. That is NOT TRUE here, in fact, creating so called "sanctuary cities" where NEVER by popular fiat of popular demand. In fact, I can't find out exactly HOW they happen, but its not done openly with wide public knowledge. Let alone voter approval. That has to be unconstitutional. States/cities or municipalities cannot create sanctuaries to anyone or anything without local foreknowledge and our approval. And they did just THAT.

Wrong.
Sanctuary cities are the historic norm.
All they mean is that local police do not check citizenship or immigration status.
That is because they legally are not supposed to.
Local police do not have any authority to ask for your immigration or birth papers.
All cities legally are supposed to be "sanctuary cities" according to the US constitution.

WHO GIVES A SHIT

And I want a 12-inch dick that whistles Dixie.

They obviously are NOT. People wanting asylum need to apply for it through a legal US portal, then show proof that their lives were endangered back where they came from! That is the LAW. The LAW is how a democratic republic operates. Instead, many of these people are showing up obviously having gotten a great deal of aid getting here looking better dressed than I. They have no "right" to come here when half the people in this country now already don't even have the right to choose their own body's vaccinations, don't have the right to speak freely on social media, don't have the right to freely support whatever political party they like without persecution, don't have the right to hear conservative POVs at the university of their choice, and don't have the right to have their elections tested for veracity or the right to honesty, morality and integrity in our own federal government.
The real world frowns on lies like the crap you believe, super duper. Election fraud accusations without evidence and continuing that propaganda when it has been totally disproved in over 60 courts in our fine legal system is sedition, brainwashed functional traitor and fascist.

Unconstitutional and illegal according to federal law. Just like those scofflaws smoking pot in Colorado, California, Washington, and Oregon.

Wrong.
Just like states have no jurisdiction that would authorize them checking nationality or immigration status, the feds have absolutely no jurisdiction over drugs at all.

US law is enforced by the US Dept of Justice, not by local governments. When Trump was president, he could have thrown every one of these sanctuary thugs in a federal prison. The law is strict. It ranges from 20 years to the death penalty, depending on circumstances. Read the statute. I posted it twice.

Wrong.
States by law can NOT at all do anything but be sanctuaries.
States can not interfere with feds checking immigration status or citizenship, but legally can NOT help them either.

I live in a sanctuary city. Creating a sanctuary city and ignoring federal immigration laws, I would think 99% of us expect our local government was following our local ideals and OUR wishes. That is NOT TRUE here, in fact, creating so called "sanctuary cities" where NEVER by popular fiat of popular demand. In fact, I can't find out exactly HOW they happen, but its not done openly with wide public knowledge. Let alone voter approval. That has to be unconstitutional. States/cities or municipalities cannot create sanctuaries to anyone or anything without local foreknowledge and our approval. And they did just THAT.
Sanctuary cities are only constitutional if the citizens of said city evacuate the city in their entirety...

That is the way my computer spelled it, asshole.... Eisenhower was the only good GOP president since teddy Roosevelt, and he was an independent.
he was a republican and not president when we put an embargo on cuba…jfk was

he was a republican and not president when we put an embargo on cuba…jfk was
Eisenhower himself was an independent and chose between the two parties who both wanted him. Too bad he didn't go with the Democrats. we could have avoided all this mess.

1960​

President Dwight D. Eisenhower imposed the first economic sanctions against Cuba’s revolutionary government, though they fell short of a full embargo. When Fidel Castro nationalized U.S. and British oil companies for refusing to refine Soviet oil, Eisenhower retaliated by cutting off Cuban sugar sales to the United States, sales that comprised some 80 percent of Cuban sugar exports. Castro then nationalized most U.S. businesses on the island, and Eisenhower banned all U.S. exports to Cuba except food and medicine. These sanctions were part of a U.S. broader strategy to overthrow Castro, including support for his internal opponents and preparations for an exile invasion.

Wrong again and always, dupe...

I say NEVER STOP sending illegals to prissy, lily-white "sanctuary cities."
Send them all where they want to go. Most have relatives and friends here already. Lily white my ass. The people who actually live on Martha's Vineyard are very diverse to say the least and middle class barely. Dupe. This of course is all megarich greedy idiot GOP baloney, they love the cheap easily bullied labor. And refuse to do a plan like the 2010 democratic Immigration Bill with a work ID card that would end this mess.

Eisenhower himself was an independent and chose between the two parties who both wanted him. Too bad he didn't go with the Democrats. we could have avoided all this mess.

1960​

President Dwight D. Eisenhower imposed the first economic sanctions against Cuba’s revolutionary government, though they fell short of a full embargo. When Fidel Castro nationalized U.S. and British oil companies for refusing to refine Soviet oil, Eisenhower retaliated by cutting off Cuban sugar sales to the United States, sales that comprised some 80 percent of Cuban sugar exports. Castro then nationalized most U.S. businesses on the island, and Eisenhower banned all U.S. exports to Cuba except food and medicine. These sanctions were part of a U.S. broader strategy to overthrow Castro, including support for his internal opponents and preparations for an exile invasion.

Wrong again and always, dupe...
1) no he was a Republican
2) wow, I wasn't aware of that....why didn't the dems lift it? Why did they double down with a complete embargo on all goods?

1) no he was a Republican
2) wow, I wasn't aware of that....why didn't the dems lift it? Why did they double down with a complete embargo on all goods?
Wrong as always dupe...

Dwight D. Eisenhower - Wikipedia

Dwight D. Eisenhower - Wikipedia​

Global web icon
Visit this page on Wikipedia
Document Preview Image

About this website
The English Wikipedia is the English-language edition of Wikipedia, an online encyclopedia. It was founded on 15 January 2001 as Wikipedia's first edition and, as of October 202… Wikipedia

Topics on this page​

Where did Dwight Eisenhower live?
Birthplace of President Dwight (Ike) Eisenhower in Denison, Texas. The Eisenhower family home in Abilene, Kansas. The Eisenhauer ( German for "iron hewer/miner") family migrated from Karlsbrunn in Nassau-Saarbrücken, to America, first settling in York, Pennsylvania, in 1741, and in the 1880s moving to Kansas.
Read more

What was Dwight Eisenhower's last name?
What did Eisenhower do after graduation?
See 4 more
Explore more

Presidency of Dwight D. Eisenhower - Wikipedia
Wikipedia

10 Things You May Not Know About Dwight D. Eisenhower
History

Dwight D. Eisenhower - Facts, Presidency & Accomplishments - HISTORY
History

Dwight D. Eisenhower | Biography, Cold War, Presidency, & Facts
Britannica

Franklin D. Roosevelt - Wikipedia
Wikipedia

President Eisenhower's Top 5 Accomplishments - National Park Service
A list of President Eisenhower's top five accomplishments. IKE'S TOP 5 PRESIDENTIAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS (arguably) 5. He Sponsored and Signed the Civil Rights Bill of 1957.
National Park Service

Recommended to you based on what's popular

Eisenhower maintained no political party affiliation during this time. Many believed he was forgoing his only opportunity to be president as Republican Thomas E. Dewey was considered the probable winner and would presumably serve two terms, meaning that Eisenhower, at age 66 in 1956, would be too
See more

Wrong as always dupe...

View attachment 699341
Visit this page on Wikipedia
Document Preview Image
About this website
The English Wikipedia is the English-language edition of Wikipedia, an online encyclopedia. It was founded on 15 January 2001 as Wikipedia's first edition and, as of October 202… Wikipedia

Topics on this page​

Where did Dwight Eisenhower live?
Birthplace of President Dwight (Ike) Eisenhower in Denison, Texas. The Eisenhower family home in Abilene, Kansas. The Eisenhauer ( German for "iron hewer/miner") family migrated from Karlsbrunn in Nassau-Saarbrücken, to America, first settling in York, Pennsylvania, in 1741, and in the 1880s moving to Kansas.
Read more
What was Dwight Eisenhower's last name?
What did Eisenhower do after graduation?
See 4 more
Explore more

Wikipedia
History
History
Britannica
Wikipedia
President Eisenhower's Top 5 Accomplishments - National Park Service
A list of President Eisenhower's top five accomplishments. IKE'S TOP 5 PRESIDENTIAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS (arguably) 5. He Sponsored and Signed the Civil Rights Bill of 1957.
National Park Service
Recommended to you based on what's popular

Eisenhower maintained no political party affiliation during this time. Many believed he was forgoing his only opportunity to be president as Republican Thomas E. Dewey was considered the probable winner and would presumably serve two terms, meaning that Eisenhower, at age 66 in 1956, would be too
See more
yes while a general he remained neutral l. Like a good soldier should

can you answer my other quesrion?

Come on! Did you really have to show everyone how stupid you are?
I must concede, drug safety is one of the things the Feds are good for.

When some doctor started using Elixir Sulfanilamide....

Sulfanilamide, a drug used to treat streptococcal infections, had been shown to have dramatic curative effects and had been used safely for some time in tablet and powder form. In June 1937, however, a salesman for the S.E. Massengill Co., in Bristol, Tenn., reported a demand in the southern states for the drug in liquid form. The company's chief chemist and pharmacist, Harold Cole Watkins, experimented and found that sulfanilamide would dissolve in diethylene glycol. The company control lab tested the mixture for flavor, appearance, and fragrance and found it satisfactory. Immediately, the company compounded a quantity of the elixir and sent shipments-- 633 of them--all over the country

The new formulation had not been tested for toxicity. At the time the food and drugs law did not require that safety studies be done on new drugs. Selling toxic drugs was, undoubtedly, bad for business and could damage a firm's reputation, but it was not illegal. Because no pharmacological studies had been done on the new sulfanilamide preparation, Watkins failed to note one characteristic of the solution. Diethylene glycol, a chemical normally used as an antifreeze, is a deadly poison. The first shipments were sent out in early September. On October 11, the American Medical Association (AMA) received reports from physicians in Tulsa, Okla......

Forum List

Back