Are Same-Sex Couples Better Parents?

And having two gay parents, one of which is mentally ill or perverted, is in no way superior to having an alcoholic dad.

This is a weird comparison.

Then I suppose that having two gay parents, one being an alcoholic, is superior to having a straight day that is mentally ill or perverted.

This Argument is a Non-Starter...

Looking to Set a Standard at the Heterosexual Flaws doesn't Validate Same-Sex Coupling...

The BEST Situation for a Child is it's Mother and Father.

Because Society Falls Short in Various ways does NOT Dictate that the Standard be Degraded to those Shortcomings or Deviations from what is Natural.

It also Doesn't mean that Homosexuals who happened to have Custody of Children can't do a Good Job with the Kids they have.

A Homosexual is at Least as Capable of being a Douchebag, Drunk, Druggie or Abusive as a Heterosexual...

In that, the Next Level is which Coupling Sets the Best Example and which is Best for a Child.

A Mother and a Father CLEARLY is.

:)

peace...

The quality of parent comes from the individual and his or her approach to raising their kids. It doesn't have anything to do, imo, with sexual orientation. You have good and bad parents in either scenario.

It's about the Individuals when it comes to Raising a Child...

It's about the Couple and what both Brings in REAL Life Experinces as Men and Women.

(2) Men can NOT Bring the Mothering that is Needed, and (2) Women can't be Dads... No matter how BAD Rosie Tries.

peace...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1697684-post177.html

^Like the Shooter @ Hood?... Hell, he didn't have Kids, did he?

But he did have Islam... And wanted some al Qaeda to go with it.

peace...

i'm sorry. i must have missed the news that he was raised by gay parents.

idiot.

Yeah, I wasn't Awake at that Point...

Doing more than one Thing and all...

But Thanks for going Straight for a Personal Attack because someone Mispoke... It Defines you. :clap2:

peace...

you're confusing description with attack.
ask a grown up.

i'm sorry. i must have missed the news that he was raised by gay parents.

idiot.

But Thanks for going Straight for a Personal Attack because someone Mispoke... It Defines you. :clap2:

peace...

ask a grown up.

Yeah... I Conceded my Mistake and gave you Rep because I don't Like Making Mistakes, be it from being Tired or not Retaining what I Read in Haste.

I can probably Eliminate you from the Pool of People I would Ask about the Context in which you Used "Idiot" and any of the other Endless Names you have Continued to call me even after Most People have gotten New Hobbies here.

Mistakes don't Equate to Idiocy, del.

Ask a Grown-up. ;)

peace...

peace...

ask a grown up.

Yeah... I Conceded my Mistake and gave you Rep because I don't Like Making Mistakes, be it from being Tired or not Retaining what I Read in Haste.

I can probably Eliminate you from the Pool of People I would Ask about the Context in which you Used "Idiot" and any of the other Endless Names you have Continued to call me even after Most People have gotten New Hobbies here.

Ask a Grown-up. ;)

peace...
no, they don't.

did you have a point you wanted to make?

ask a grown up.

Ask a Grown-up. ;)

peace...
no, they don't.

did you have a point you wanted to make?

I already did... I'm Sorry you Missed it.

That was a Pleasant Post from you, so I will End on that Positive Note.

peace...

And having two gay parents, one of which is mentally ill or perverted, is in no way superior to having an alcoholic dad.

This is a weird comparison.

Then I suppose that having two gay parents, one being an alcoholic, is superior to having a straight day that is mentally ill or perverted.

This Argument is a Non-Starter...

Looking to Set a Standard at the Heterosexual Flaws doesn't Validate Same-Sex Coupling...

The BEST Situation for a Child is it's Mother and Father.

Because Society Falls Short in Various ways does NOT Dictate that the Standard be Degraded to those Shortcomings or Deviations from what is Natural.

It also Doesn't mean that Homosexuals who happened to have Custody of Children can't do a Good Job with the Kids they have.

A Homosexual is at Least as Capable of being a Douchebag, Drunk, Druggie or Abusive as a Heterosexual...

In that, the Next Level is which Coupling Sets the Best Example and which is Best for a Child.

A Mother and a Father CLEARLY is.

peace...

Okay, mal.

So, your argument that a heterosexual couple is above all the BEST for a child, regardless of the quality of parents.

What would be the next best parenting situation (assuming that all of the parents involved were good people and looking out for the best interest of the child)?

1. A single heterosexual mother or father engaging in heterosexual relationships
2. A single homosexual mother or father engaging in homosexual relationships.
3. A single heterosexual mother or father with no plans for heterosexual relationships (and not showing any signs of their sexual orientation)
4. A single homosexual mother or fater with no plans for homosexual relationships (and not showing any signs of their sexual orientation)
5. A homosexual couple in a committed relationship
6. Orphanage

In reality, the best parents are the parents that society in general finds acceptable.

There is nothing wrong with gay parents, there is only the societal perception that there is.

Okay, mal.

So, your argument that a heterosexual couple is above all the BEST for a child, regardless of the quality of parents.

Nope... Not what I said.

The Best Situation can ONLY Exist with One Mother and One Father.

Heteros and Homos can all be Shitty Bastards...

Get it?

You are Attempting to Lower the Standard by which a Civil Society should Aspire to...

You can have Standards without Deny others the Ability to Live Free.

Trying to say that (2) Men that aren't Drunks is Better than (1) Drunk Father is Absurd.

You can't bring it down to just that and then Assume a New Standard on it.

Ultimately, what is Best for a Child is a Mother and Father.

The Varialbes Exist with ALL People.

peace...

Get a hetero couple where the parents are beating the crap out of the kids and they obviously are lousy parents.

I watched a special once where there were two men and two women who lived together as a "foursome". They had several children they were raising together. They were able to do that because they owned their own business and didn't care what others thought.

All of the children were "straight" and had no interest in anything except a traditional "one man, one woman" relationship. The kids were studying to be doctors and a lawyer. One was studying physics. All were honor students. None had been arrested.

There is speculation that gays are a normal part of a family group and important in evolution. With more adults around to take care of the children, the kids have a higher chance of making it to adulthood. If we are anything like other primates, then in the past, we probably lived in "family groups". Sex cements bonds between adults and can decrease "tensions".
As marriage goes, one man and one woman is fairly new. Historically, the most common has been one man and several women.

Trying to say that (2) Men that aren't Drunks is Better than (1) Drunk Father is Absurd.

Thank you for sharing your personal standards.

But in order to avoid denying others the ability to live free, then you would fervently oppose any laws that would prohibit a gay couple from raising a child, eh?

Thank you for sharing your personal standards.

But in order to avoid denying others the ability to live free, then you would fervently oppose any laws that would prohibit a gay couple from raising a child, eh?

Where have I Advocated for Denying Homosexuals that?...

peace...

By Lisa Belkin

"“These children do just fine,” says Abbie E. Goldberg, an assistant professor in the department of psychology at Clark University, who concedes there are some who will continue to believe that gay parents are a danger to their children, in spite of a growing web of psychological and sociological evidence to the contrary. Her new book, “Lesbian and Gay Parents and Their Children,” is an analysis of more than 100 academic studies, most looking at groups of 30 to 150 subjects, and primarily on lesbian mothers, though of late there is a spike in research about gay fathers.

In most ways, the accumulated research shows, children of same-sex parents are not markedly different from those of heterosexual parents. They show no increased incidence of psychiatric disorders, are just as popular at school and have just as many friends. While girls raised by lesbian mothers seem slightly more likely to have more sexual partners, and boys slightly more likely to have fewer, than those raised by heterosexual mothers, neither sex is more likely to suffer from gender confusion nor to identify themselves as gay."

Are Same-Sex Couples Better Parents? - Motherlode Blog - NYTimes.com

What's good for kids?
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/08/magazine/08fob-wwln-t.html?_r=1

No. Nor are they natural parents.

Dead on.

peace...
So how do you feel about adoptive parents?
Do you also realize that even animals will adopt other animals when they loose their mother. Ranchers will even have a cow adopt an orphaned calve.

really what is normal Allie? Everyone's normal is different.

No, everyone's Normal is the Same...

Abnormal Exists, and that's a Reality, but it shouldn't be the Standard.

A Child Exists Naturally because of the Mother and a Father of that Child.

Humanity's Flaws and Free Will do NOT Negate this Natural Fact.

peace...

I want to know who gets to set the standard? You don't get the point I am trying to make.
Your abnormal is someone else's normal and you have no right to tell them that they are abnormal.

really what is normal Allie? Everyone's normal is different.

No, everyone's Normal is the Same...

Abnormal Exists, and that's a Reality, but it shouldn't be the Standard.

A Child Exists Naturally because of the Mother and a Father of that Child.

Humanity's Flaws and Free Will do NOT Negate this Natural Fact.

peace...

I want to know who gets to set the standard? You don't get the point I am trying to make.
Your abnormal is someone else's normal and you have no right to tell them that they are abnormal.

It's not MY Abnormal...

A Child is a Product of a Mother and a Father and each Party brings something Different in Gender Experience to the Child.

I am NOT for Punishing LESS than that, but I am also NOT for Normalizing Less than that... Get it?

peace...

Forum List

Back