Are Ring Cameras racist? This is a new accusation.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I am trying to follow posting guidelines....the thread title is supported by the content in the article........

Leftists are now saying that Ring cameras, and I imagine this includes the other cameras on the market as well.........these cameras are racist, because the video from these cameras discriminate against minorities, and giving the video to police is problematic.......

Technology news site Wired published a story to tell its readers that people should not be using Ring security cameras because it has been one of the ways Americans have been able to easier see the crimes that take place in their neighborhoods, and that a bad thing according to them because "homeowners shouldn’t be able to act as vigilantes."
------
Instead, Neighbors increases the possibility of racial profiling. It makes it easier for both private citizens and law enforcement agencies to target certain groups for suspicion of crime based on skin color, ethnicity, religion, or country of origin.

At some point, they will tell us that these security cameras are "White Supremacy."

In other words, someone was recorded committing a crime by a home camera and is pissed off about it. All the reason for more people to buy and use them!

It's not the fault of the cameras in America.

First came the racism, then came the cameras that became necessary as a result of the racism and the race problem.

referring to 1srellac's comment: In fairness, the same applies in Canada on account of rising crime rate, but only differs in that it's not a skin colour distinction.

It's not the fault of the cameras in America.

First came the racism, then came the cameras that became necessary as a result of the racism and the race problem.

referring to 1srellac's comment: In fairness, the same applies in Canada on account of rising crime rate, but only differs in that it's not a skin colour distinction.
dangerfieldcalculation.gif

You know what they are after....not enough ""rich suburb "whites""" will open the door for Brown Black killers and robbers. Thats' racist.
If they do open it....they may be standing there with a loaded weapon. Is it right? do statistics lie?

Pretty soon they will send out test cases and collect data. Demanding action. You must answer the door or pay a fine?

Last edited:
You know what they are after....not enough ""rich suburb "whites""" will open the door for Brown Black killers and robbers. Thats' racist.
If the do open it....they may be standing there with a loaded weapon. Is it right? do statistics lie?

Pretty soon they will send out test cases and collect data. Demanding action. You must answer the door or pay a fine?

Nobody is going to fine you for not answering the door. Besides, I have more guns on my side of the door.

"I have a video off my ring that shows a guy stealing from me"

"Your doorbell is racist for providing evidence a black man committed a crime".

"I didn't say he was a black guy, I just said I have a video of a guy but yes he happened to be black but the point is he stole from me".

"You're a fucking racist!"

Forum List

Back