Aurora Borealis

AyeCantSeeYou

Platinum Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
May 19, 2013
DMV
As above, so below. Any of you within the viewing range for the predicted solar flare storm towards the end of this week?

It always seems to come when I am already in bed.

But I have seen some stunning displays many times in MN. Just been a while cause, I'm tired.

If I were in the viewing area, I'd make it a point to see it. (It's on my list of things to see.)

Maybe those that see the aurora often don't think it's anything out of the ordinary, but for those of that don't (majority of the world), it's fascinating.

I lived in Fairbanks for three years and saw enough Northern Lights to last a lifetime.

It's going to be hard to see in the land of the midnight sun this time of year.

As above, so below. Any of you within the viewing range for the predicted solar flare storm towards the end of this week?

Very true. As an astronomer, a CME is coming our way and might hit us on Thursday last I heard, visible far enough south that people at mid-temperate latitudes might see something.

It always seems to come when I am already in bed.

But I have seen some stunning displays many times in MN. Just been a while cause, I'm tired.
I have a friend that lives in the UP.

Occasionally she posts from this site, to tell us when it is wandering down the way toward her, WI, & MN.

I remember there was a time in, I believe it was 2020, that one of them came as far south, that it could be seen down in the LP, Ontario and Maine.

If I were in the viewing area, I'd make it a point to see it. (It's on my list of things to see.)

Maybe those that see the aurora often don't think it's anything out of the ordinary, but for those of that don't (majority of the world), it's fascinating.
ditto.

Cept that one time, I woke up to find I missed my chance.

Got the notification it happened two days late.

:sigh2:

I will need to stay at your place to see them.
Mine? No not mine.

My town, though small, has far too much light pollution.

You would want to head another several hundred miles north.

And to villages at least as small as St. Ignace or Mackinac City.

You will never, however, see the Northern lights above the Golden Gate however. . . .

But, if you time it right? You can see them over the mighty Mac.

7s8tiq.jpg

True.
Some members say they have never seen a Bald Eagle, but I get to see them almost daily, including in winter.
Kind of take them and the northern lights as a typical occurrence.
Never seen a whale surface though. Something on the bucket list.

Forum List

Back