Are Republicans Christians?

90% of the Republican party is white. The majority of those are Christian.

Where did you get your stats? Do you have some credible study?

I believe the Republican party is going through massive contractions. There is a BLACK man in the WHITE House.

Are you suggesting that the White House is named so because of race and not because the White House is painted White?

How many times do we have to tell you that his race doesn't matter? It's the policies we don't like. Here is my problem with you. You have this tunnel vision. You've made your judgments about everyone and it doesn't matter what evidence is provided you contrary, you're prejudices are correct.

So while the base may be charitable, they are so freaked out that a "BLACK" man is in the "WHITE" House, they are over looking what their greedy leadership is up to.

Screw the unemployed and call them names

The unemployed won't be helped by politicians. The unemployed will be helped by getting jobs. And that won't happen as long as we limit who can create job.

Call the poor animals who will "breed" if you feed them.

Who exactly said that?

Apologizing to BP for the crimes they committed (might as well give drunk drivers a bye, it was an "accident")

Accidents generally aren't crimes.

The transfer of wealth to the top 1%.

You don't transfer wealth by letting people keep what they earn through their hard work.

Moving American jobs overseas.

Stop making it unprofitable for businesses to create jobs in the United States and this problem is fixed.

Death panels made up of insurance companies executives - he who pays - lives.

Much better to have unelected bueaucrats who we can't control do it.

After all, it's absolutely horrendous that we might have to be responsible for our health care.

Rebuilding America over foreign countries.

What's wrong with Restoring America and the Constitution?

No way the base believes in any of these things. But they accept them if it means getting the "BLACK" guy out of the "WHITE" House.

Why on earth do you honestly think we don't believe in limited government and personal liberty and responsibility? Is it that difficult to comprehend that we don't want the government controlling every aspect of our life?

No I guess it's all race. Just because you're a racist doesn't mean any of us care one wit about it.

The best way to help people is to reward them for productive behavior.

Period.

So you just leave the handicapped and people with problem to die? Starve to death? You just walk by the homeless and pretend their not there? Tell us, O smart one, what do you do to the people at the bottom of your republican money pile?

One of the most indefensible mantras of the Left is that if we don't want the Federal government to do it, then we (those on the right, the GOP, and/or conservatives) don't want it done.

Period.

So you just leave the handicapped and people with problem to die? Starve to death? You just walk by the homeless and pretend their not there? Tell us, O smart one, what do you do to the people at the bottom of your republican money pile?

We take care of them and provide for them. Personally, shitheel.

Instead of stealing from other people when we aren't successful enough to do it.

Loser.

Er..."Republican" is a political party.
"Christianity" is a religion.
Many are one but not the other. There is no requirement that requires Republicans to be Christian.

And as for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. Republicans donate to charities and spend more on them PERSONALLY than Democrats.

But how many charities use up more than is given out?

Charity Navigator - 10 Charities Overpaying their For-Profit Fundraisers

Ummm, Have you really looked at your list? The first one, I never heard of "Disabled Veterans Associations" However I do donate annually to the "Disabled American Veterans".

They are one of about a dozen organizations I regularly donate to. My guess is most of your list is some small unheard of organization.

Anyway, There are Christians in all partys. And not all Republicans are Christians. Just as all Christians are not Republican.

Period.

We take care of them and provide for them. Personally, shitheel.

Instead of stealing from other people when we aren't successful enough to do it.

Loser.

Further conservatives don't consider good motives or good intentions or self righteousness sufficient to justify doing something. Conservatives justify things by accomplished economy, efficiency, effectiveness, and/or good results.

When Congress taxes you, it takes your money whether or not you would have done something noble with that money.

Congress gets its cut right off the top. After all it costs them a lot of money to pass all those laws and regulations in order to take your money.

The IRS gets another cut. It costs a lot of money to collect money for Congress.

Whatever bureaucracy the money is then allocatted to gets another cut--usually the biggest cut--because it takes a lot of money to run that bureaucracy.

Then usually the money is distributed to the state which has its own governor's office, legislature, and bureaucracy to receive and allocate the money.

By the time the dollars get to whatever they were supposed to benefit, maybe 30 cents on the dollar, if that, actually helps anybody.

Give that same money to a good charity, and at most they'll need about 10% in administrative costs and 90% or more actually helps somebody.

The Federal government does not have to do everything in order for it to get done and in many cases it will be done far more economically, effectively, and produce much better results if the Federal government does not do it.

Er..."Republican" is a political party.
"Christianity" is a religion.
Many are one but not the other. There is no requirement that requires Republicans to be Christian.

And as for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. Republicans donate to charities and spend more on them PERSONALLY than Democrats.

But how many charities use up more than is given out?

Charity Navigator - 10 Charities Overpaying their For-Profit Fundraisers

Ummm, Have you really looked at your list? The first one, I never heard of "Disabled Veterans Associations" However I do donate annually to the "Disabled American Veterans".

They are one of about a dozen organizations I regularly donate to. My guess is most of your list is some small unheard of organization.

Anyway, There are Christians in all partys. And not all Republicans are Christians. Just as all Christians are not Republican.

Disabled American Veterans Chief Executive : Arthur H. Wilson, National Adjutant and CEO
Compensation*: $288,412

One of the most indefensible mantras of the Left is that if we don't want the Federal government to do it, then we (those on the right, the GOP, and/or conservatives) don't want it done.

That's an unfair characterization. It just feeds the left/right division.

Last edited:
First off, the whole thesis of the OP is flawed.

When unemployment insurance was extended last time, President Obama demanded that it be paid for. Both Democrats and Republicans voted to do that.

This time President Obama doesn't want to pay for it because we 'don't have the money'. The Republicans are willing to extend it but, as Obama did last time, are demanding that we pay for it and suggest using unexpended stimulus money to do that. Obama and the Democrats are refusing to do that and instead accuse Republicans of refusing to agree to an extension of unemployment insurance.

But going back to the Biblical passage, you cannot find ANYWHERE in the New Testament where it is suggested that it is benevolence or charity or legal to take money from somebody and give that to somebody else and call that charity. Even in Jesus' time, that was called theft.

In Christian terms, charity or benevolence means to give voluntarily of your own resources. It doesn't mean license to take property from one person, give it to another, and then feel righteous.

And as to whether Conservatives or Republicans are Christian some are. Some are Jews. At least three of my good Republican friends are Buddhists. Some are agnostic or Atheist. Probably other religions factor in there too.

Actually, YOU can't find anywhere in the Bible that says it is against the Bible or against God, to use tax monies to help those that need it or have the least....I challenge you to show me one verse that states such.

And if the republican so called christians are thinking it is being TAKEN FROM THEM (whaaaaaaaaa) to give to another in need, then I would guess that they, themselves have a huge problem with being christian in something other than name.

Money going to those in need is not being TAKEN FROM THEM, it is being voted on by our own representatives to do such, in the same manner it is being voted on by our own representation to give the wealthiest tax breaks or the oil companies tax breaks or the banks bail outs.

I will NEVER EVER understand the supposed Christians that have a problem using tax monies towards helping those in need verses using our tax monies to build a bridge to NO WHERE, that benefited the 6 of the wealthiest people living on the island or verses giving the wealthiest among us a tax break from the working man's social security surplus taxes collected from the poorest among us.

YOU my dear FOX, are off base in my humble opinion.

James 2 (New International Version)

James 2
Favoritism Forbidden
1My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don't show favoritism. 2Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. 3If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, "Here's a good seat for you," but say to the poor man, "You stand there" or "Sit on the floor by my feet," 4have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?
5Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? 6But you have insulted the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? 7Are they not the ones who are slandering the noble name of him to whom you belong?

8If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself,"[a] you are doing right. 9But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11For he who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder."[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!

Faith and Deeds
14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,"[e] and he was called God's friend. 24You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

25In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Footnotes:
a.James 2:8 Lev. 19:18
b.James 2:11 Exodus 20:14; Deut. 5:18
c.James 2:11 Exodus 20:13; Deut. 5:17
d.James 2:20 Some early manuscripts dead
e.James 2:23 Gen. 15:6

The Sheep and the Goats
31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."]

he is speaking about NATIONS being judged Fox and the people within them. You don;t stop being a Christian when you leave the Church steps, or your favored charity's steps....you are suppose to be a Christian in ALL THAT YOU DO, even in the secular world so that others can see Christ in you.

Needless to say, you can see that I vehemently disagree with what seems to be your apearingly very selfish, and greedy opinion, and I urge you and the others that think the same way, to pray on this....you are sinning to give favoritism to the rich and not to those that are the poorest.

care

Disabled American Veterans Chief Executive : Arthur H. Wilson, National Adjutant and CEO
Compensation*: $288,412

And? He has a lot on his plate. I'm sure he actually earns it. Disabled American Veterans - About Us

First off, the whole thesis of the OP is flawed.

When unemployment insurance was extended last time, President Obama demanded that it be paid for. Both Democrats and Republicans voted to do that.

This time President Obama doesn't want to pay for it because we 'don't have the money'. The Republicans are willing to extend it but, as Obama did last time, are demanding that we pay for it and suggest using unexpended stimulus money to do that. Obama and the Democrats are refusing to do that and instead accuse Republicans of refusing to agree to an extension of unemployment insurance.

But going back to the Biblical passage, you cannot find ANYWHERE in the New Testament where it is suggested that it is benevolence or charity or legal to take money from somebody and give that to somebody else and call that charity. Even in Jesus' time, that was called theft.

In Christian terms, charity or benevolence means to give voluntarily of your own resources. It doesn't mean license to take property from one person, give it to another, and then feel righteous.

And as to whether Conservatives or Republicans are Christian some are. Some are Jews. At least three of my good Republican friends are Buddhists. Some are agnostic or Atheist. Probably other religions factor in there too.

Actually, YOU can't find anywhere in the Bible that says it is against the Bible or against God, to use tax monies to help those that need it or have the least....I challenge you to show me one verse that states such.

Always the Bible must be taken within its whole context. There is much in the Bible re paying one's lawful taxes to the government. There is much in the Bible re one's duty to give a minimum of a tithe for the benefit of the poor. There is nothing in the Bible that suggests the government should forcibly take the tithe from the people for the benefit of the poor.

Again, if the Federal government takes the money for the benefit of the poor it siphons off part of that money at the Congressional level, IRS level, federal bureaucracy level, state legislature level, and state bureaucracy level before the 'poor' receives a dime. And there is precious little left of the dollar by the time the 'poor' gets it.

God had a better idea. Take care of the poor at the most local level possible and you do a whole lot more good.

More to the point, if we go by the Bible, God was very much opposed to corrupt government, poor stewardship, and wastefulness. So you decide.

"When I feed the poor they call me a saint; but when I ask why people are poor they call me a communist."

Dom Helder Camara, Archbishop of Recife, Brazil

Last edited:
To me it is sometimes obvious why people are poor. Sometimes it is because of choices made. Sometimes it is because of ignorance. Sometimes it is because of circumstances. My problem with the question is the assumption that the answer is the same for everybody, and that the remedy is the same for everybody.

That is why I oppose the Federal government running anti poverty programs. There is no way that a one-size-fits-all program is not going to produce many unintended negative consequences and waste much if not most of the money allocated.

Some federal programs have been successful. Food stamps, for instance, Headstart and WIC.

"In the late 1960s, medical studies revealed that American children were dying from diseases related to severe malnutrition. Food Stamps were made available nationwide, and in 1979, doctors found that severe malnutrition had become rare, a result they attributed to Food Stamps."
http://www.mncn.org/bp/foodstamps.pdf

Federal social programs are not the enemy.

Last edited:

Then there are certain people on the left who need to stop claiming this. How is pointing out the lies they are saying our fault? Thtey are the ones lying.

Then there are certain people on the left who need to stop claiming this. How is pointing out the lies they are saying our fault? Thtey are the ones lying.

I'm sick of the left/right label insanity. Let's talk about issues and stop calling names.

Forum List

Back