Are Republicans Christians?

Er..."Republican" is a political party.
"Christianity" is a religion.
Many are one but not the other. There is no requirement that requires Republicans to be Christian.

And as for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. Republicans donate to charities and spend more on them PERSONALLY than Democrats.

We are turning unemployment into welfare. I have people who have been drawing it and are on their third extension. Of course, these people are also receiving food stamps and other government programs as well.

Where's the money coming from? If people aren't working, and the government is paying them to not work, how are we funding these programs?

Oh, that's right. By raping the working stiffs. By fining those who work hard and succeed. By shutting down industry. Oh, wait. Shutting down industry won't create income..so how are we paying these ridiculous extensions again?

Last edited:
I think froggy has drunk too much progressive kool-aid!

There are Republicans that lives "a christian lifestyle" as well as there are Democrats, libertarians etc etc.

So please do not succumb to propagandist images of "the cruel and evil" Republican. Not all republicans,democrats etc.... are like that and you really have to meet some in order to gain a better picture of them.

By the way--The basic concept behind charity is "help if you can" It is possible that some one may contribute time and effort to charitable organizations and so forth, but please do not expect them to give everything they have to charity--what good will come if you become dependent yourself?

How can one claim to be christian and boldly disobey God?

1 John 3:17 But if someone who is supposed to be a Christian has money enough to live well, and sees a brother in need, and won't help him--how can God's love be within him ?

Republicans take a MORAL stand against helping the POOR

how do you know the help this passage is referring to means money? what if it means a slap in the face and telling the person to work towards become self sufficient? I believe that would be more helpful in the long run

1 John 3:17 But if someone who is supposed to be a Christian has money enough to live well, and sees a brother in need, and won't help him--how can God's love be within him ?

Conservatives are more generous with their money to charities!

So are liberals stingier than conservatives?. The data has suggested that they are.

Nicholas D. Kristof. Kristof, a liberal, goes on to say that liberals tend to be stingy when it comes to giving to charity.

Dataset of the Day: Who is more Generous? Republicans or Democrats? | Off the Map - Official Blog of FortiusOne

-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).
Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers

I have lots more articles proving Conservatives Give more Money to Charities than Liberals

It just seems you re-arranged the fact just a little :lol:

Liberals only give more Money to Charities when they use other Peoples Money instead of their own!!!!

how do you know the help this passage is referring to means money? what if it means a slap in the face and telling the person to work towards become self sufficient? I believe that would be more helpful in the long run

Spoken like a true stingy bastard.:clap2:

Yes, exactly :)

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for life

That is kinda dumb, sharing your talents with another is not being stingy, giving handouts to the non-needy for life is stupid.

yes I am stingy because I think people should be taught to be self sufficient instead "helpless and poor" their whole life and live off handouts :cuckoo:

Look at the charities froggy listed--80 to 90% of proceeds go straight into overhead!

That is like--I pay you a dollar to give the next guy a dime! I prefer to give the next guy the dollar and skip the middleman!

Er..."Republican" is a political party.
"Christianity" is a religion.
Many are one but not the other. There is no requirement that requires Republicans to be Christian.

And as for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. Republicans donate to charities and spend more on them PERSONALLY than Democrats.

But how many charities use up more than is given out?

Charity Navigator - 10 Charities Overpaying their For-Profit Fundraisers

Are federal and state governments on there?

At any rate, that doesn't matter. In your op you said Republicans won't help people. They do. Charity mismanagement is another topic entirely.

I was unaware that the only way to help the poor is to make them dependent on government. I always thought Jesus wanted us to minister to the poor with our own time and money and not someone elses.

I could be wrong though. Could you show me in thet scriptures where we are supposed to give our money to the government so they can give it to the poor?

90% of the Republican party is white. The majority of those are Christian.

I believe the Republican party is going through massive contractions. There is a BLACK man in the WHITE House.

So while the base may be charitable, they are so freaked out that a "BLACK" man is in the "WHITE" House, they are over looking what their greedy leadership is up to.

Screw the unemployed and call them names

Call the poor animals who will "breed" if you feed them.

Apologizing to BP for the crimes they committed (might as well give drunk drivers a bye, it was an "accident")

The transfer of wealth to the top 1%.

Moving American jobs overseas.

Death panels made up of insurance companies executives - he who pays - lives.

Rebuilding foreign countries over America.

No way the base believes in any of these things. But they accept them if it means getting the "BLACK" guy out of the "WHITE" House.

Last edited by a moderator:

yes I am stingy because I think people should be taught to be self sufficient instead "helpless and poor" their whole life and live off handouts :cuckoo:

Dude, some people need a hand up, even republicans can't be that cold.

The best way to help people is to reward them for productive behavior.

Period.

First off, the whole thesis of the OP is flawed.

When unemployment insurance was extended last time, President Obama demanded that it be paid for. Both Democrats and Republicans voted to do that.

This time President Obama doesn't want to pay for it because we 'don't have the money'. The Republicans are willing to extend it but, as Obama did last time, are demanding that we pay for it and suggest using unexpended stimulus money to do that. Obama and the Democrats are refusing to do that and instead accuse Republicans of refusing to agree to an extension of unemployment insurance.

But going back to the Biblical passage, you cannot find ANYWHERE in the New Testament where it is suggested that it is benevolence or charity or legal to take money from somebody and give that to somebody else and call that charity. Even in Jesus' time, that was called theft.

In Christian terms, charity or benevolence means to give voluntarily of your own resources. It doesn't mean license to take property from one person, give it to another, and then feel righteous.

And as to whether Conservatives or Republicans are Christian some are. Some are Jews. At least three of my good Republican friends are Buddhists. Some are agnostic or Atheist. Probably other religions factor in there too.

Thou shalt have no gods before Me. The GOP fails as they worship money.

Thou shalt not worship graven images. Fail again, worshiping money.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vain. The GOP throws around God and Yeshua as a way to support their points all the time.

Thou shalt not murder. It was mainly the GOP that got us into the war in Iraq, which is not the country that started 9/11. There are many people killed needlessly for a war that we should never have fought.......that is murder.

Thou shalt not commit adultery. Lots of fails on that one......Ensign and all the other yahoos.

Thou shalt not bear false witness. Well, in their pursuit to tear down Obama, they've told many lies. Boehner even admitted there has been a slight recovery.

I could go on, but it seems apparent that the party of Conservative Christian Values and Family Values fails quite a bit.

Thou shalt not murder. It was mainly the GOP that got us into the war in Iraq, which is not the country that started 9/11. There are many people killed needlessly for a war that we should never have fought.......that is murder.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back