Are Republicans Christians?

That's an unfair characterization. It just feeds the left/right division.

Then there are certain people on the left who need to stop claiming this. How is pointing out the lies they are saying our fault? Thtey are the ones lying.

I'm sick of the left/right label insanity. Let's talk about issues and stop calling names.

How is it calling names? How is it not the issue. The issue is there are some here that cannot comprehend that simply because the Federal Government shouldn't be doing something doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. They continually lie and claim that if people don't accept their views on outsourching charity to the government, that we don't want charity done at all.

This is false. This is directly on the issue.

Why is it it's perfectly alright to create divisions and avoid the issues when it's convenient to you, but the second someone has another idea, "STOP BEING SO DIVISIVE". It's completely disingenuous.

Charity and the government each have their roles. Charity spends a fraction of what the government spends on alleviating poverty.

"The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is the largest private charity in the world wirh an endowment of $35 billion. In any given year an endowed foundation will give away monies earned from their endowment. Obviously, they don't give away the whole endowment or their charitable activities would be finished. They give away the return to capital of the endowment. This basically is from interest, stock appreciation, rents and various other forms of money made from money. While some percentage of $35 billion sounds like a lot of money it's nothing compared to what the US government spends on its defense budget which is between $880 billion and $1.03 trillion in fiscal year 2010. So say the Gates Foundation gives away 10% of its endowment on a yearly basis. That would be $3.5 billion, a mere drop in the bucket compared to the US defense budget.

The total US Federal budget for 2010 is $3.55 trillion. Of this $695 billion is to be spent on social security, $453 billion on Medicare and $290 billion on Medicaid. Does anyone in his right mind think that these sums could be provided by private charity? No, the scope of needs for the elderly, the poor, the unemployed, the unfortunate is just on too large a scale that they can only be met in a comprehensive and fair way by government. As much good work as the Gates Foundation and other foundations and private charities do, they collectively are no substitute for government programs. And think of how much good the government could do if a few hundred billion dollars of the military budget were taken away and used to alleviate poverty in the world?"

http://willblogforfood.typepad.com/will_blog_for_food/2010/01/private-charity-vs-government-aid.html

Last edited:
Government doesn't alleive poverty. It creates it.

yea just look at how well the new deal and great society have done for minorities! they rose up from their poverty, broke their dependence on government, and value education!

Thou shalt not murder. It was mainly the GOP that got us into the war in Iraq, which is not the country that started 9/11. There are many people killed needlessly for a war that we should never have fought.......that is murder.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

GOP congress with a Republican president.

And yes, Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

did I disagree that iraq had nothing to do with 9/11?

and all those speeches by prominent democrats about the necessity of attacking iraq must have been hallucinations

90% of the Republican party is white. The majority of those are Christian.

Where did you get your stats? Do you have some credible study?

I believe the Republican party is going through massive contractions. There is a BLACK man in the WHITE House.

Are you suggesting that the White House is named so because of race and not because the White House is painted White?

How many times do we have to tell you that his race doesn't matter? It's the policies we don't like. Here is my problem with you. You have this tunnel vision. You've made your judgments about everyone and it doesn't matter what evidence is provided you contrary, you're prejudices are correct.

The unemployed won't be helped by politicians. The unemployed will be helped by getting jobs. And that won't happen as long as we limit who can create job.

Who exactly said that?

Accidents generally aren't crimes.

You don't transfer wealth by letting people keep what they earn through their hard work.

Stop making it unprofitable for businesses to create jobs in the United States and this problem is fixed.

Much better to have unelected bueaucrats who we can't control do it.

After all, it's absolutely horrendous that we might have to be responsible for our health care.

Rebuilding America over foreign countries.

What's wrong with Restoring America and the Constitution?

No way the base believes in any of these things. But they accept them if it means getting the "BLACK" guy out of the "WHITE" House.

Why on earth do you honestly think we don't believe in limited government and personal liberty and responsibility? Is it that difficult to comprehend that we don't want the government controlling every aspect of our life?

No I guess it's all race. Just because you're a racist doesn't mean any of us care one wit about it.

It's all about race. Believe it. No one can take the odious policies for eight years of the last administration and suddenly get mad over this administration. It's not possible.

You can't be serious. 90% of the Republican Party ISN'T white and the majority of those AREN'T Christian? Learn to use a search engine. What's the matter with you?

Because “Race doesn’t matter” is a “flat out lie. It's all about race. Believe it. And what has he done? He’s brought the country back from the brink. And for Republicans to admit that is to admit their 8 years were 8 years of “failure” and “ruin” – not gonna happen.

That doesn’t even make sense. Besides, Republicans push people like Sharon Engle (it’s not my job as senator to help bring jobs to the state) or Carly Fiorina (moved 18,000 jobs to China) imagine what she could accomplish as an elected official?

Carly Fiorina: A Record Of Failure | Political Correction

How are people going to find jobs when Republicans spent eight years helping them move those jobs overseas in the search for “cheap labor”? Those workers doing Carly’s jobs just had a strike. Management agreed to DOUBLE their salaries to $293 dollars a MONTH. The place is a sweatshop with at least 10 suicides in the last few months. Republicans don’t see a problem.

Who said that? Can you guys be any more ignorant of your leaders? I’ve posted this so many times, YOU find out. Do a search on, “Lt. Gov. Compares Helping Poor to Feeding Stray Animals”. Where was the Republican outrage? Save the babies but starve the children? It was about school lunches.

Accidents aren’t crimes? Then why is drunk driving? It’s an accident.

I get so sick about the Republicans defending the super rich. What about defending the middle class. The super rich have so much money they buy politicians to pass laws so they can legally scam the American people. How can Republicans be so against government and then support people who use the government in the very worst way?
Look at insurance companies. How many policies does it take to pay a single 70 million-dollar salary? How many policies buy gold plated dinnerware and plates for a boardroom? How many have to die from being denied care so one CEO can have 5 mansions? Republicans are sick and stupid to SUPPORT this monstrosity.

Rebuilding America over foreign countries should have been the other way around. Republicans are more than willing to spend hundreds of billions in Iraq because they can make a profit, but not rebuild one of the 70,000 bridges that are unsafe in this country. Look at the recent dam break. They left New Orleans totally fucked up. And they want the middle class to pay for what BP did. Terrible.

I’m not a racist. Republicans are fools and lemmings and too stupid to know it. When you point out the things their leaders say, they are always so surprised. How ignorant can you be? And for those that say "Democrats have the votes", go soak your head. I have one word, "Filibuster".

Are you suggesting that the White House is named so because of race and not because the White House is painted White?

How many times do we have to tell you that his race doesn't matter? It's the policies we don't like. Here is my problem with you. You have this tunnel vision. You've made your judgments about everyone and it doesn't matter what evidence is provided you contrary, you're prejudices are correct.

The unemployed won't be helped by politicians. The unemployed will be helped by getting jobs. And that won't happen as long as we limit who can create job.

Who exactly said that?

You don't transfer wealth by letting people keep what they earn through their hard work.

Stop making it unprofitable for businesses to create jobs in the United States and this problem is fixed.

After all, it's absolutely horrendous that we might have to be responsible for our health care.

No way the base believes in any of these things. But they accept them if it means getting the "BLACK" guy out of the "WHITE" House.

Why on earth do you honestly think we don't believe in limited government and personal liberty and responsibility? Is it that difficult to comprehend that we don't want the government controlling every aspect of our life?

No I guess it's all race. Just because you're a racist doesn't mean any of us care one wit about it.

It's all about race. Believe it. No one can take the odious policies for eight years of the last administration and suddenly get mad over this administration. It's not possible.

You can't be serious. 90% of the Republican Party ISN'T white and the majority of those AREN'T Christian? Learn to use a search engine. What's the matter with you?

Because “Race doesn’t matter” is a “flat out lie. It's all about race. Believe it. And what has he done? He’s brought the country back from the brink. And for Republicans to admit that is to admit their 8 years were 8 years of “failure” and “ruin” – not gonna happen.

That doesn’t even make sense. Besides, Republicans push people like Sharon Engle (it’s not my job as senator to help bring jobs to the state) or Carly Fiorina (moved 18,000 jobs to China) imagine what she could accomplish as an elected official?

How are people going to find jobs when Republicans spent eight years helping them move those jobs overseas in the search for “cheap labor”? Those workers doing Carly’s jobs just had a strike. Management agreed to DOUBLE their salaries to $293 dollars a MONTH. The place is a sweatshop with at least 10 suicides in the last few months. Republicans don’t see a problem.

Who said that? Can you guys be any more ignorant of your leaders? I’ve posted this so many times, YOU find out. Do a search on, “Lt. Gov. Compares Helping Poor to Feeding Stray Animals”. Where was the Republican outrage? Save the babies but starve the children? It was about school lunches.

I get so sick about the Republicans defending the super rich. What about defending the middle class. The super rich have so much money they buy politicians to pass laws so they can legally scam the American people. How can Republicans be so against government and then support people who use the government in the very worst way?
Look at insurance companies. How many policies does it take to pay a single 70 million-dollar salary? How many policies buy gold plated dinnerware and plates for a boardroom? How many have to die from being denied care so one CEO can have 5 mansions? Republicans are sick and stupid to SUPPORT this monstrosity.

Rebuilding America over foreign countries should have been the other way around. Republicans are more than willing to spend hundreds of billions in Iraq because they can make a profit, but not rebuild one of the 70,000 bridges that are unsafe in this country. Look at the recent dam break. They left New Orleans totally fucked up. And they want the middle class to pay for what BP did. Terrible.

I’m not a racist. Republicans are fools and lemmings and too stupid to know it. When you point out the things their leaders say, they are always so surprised. How ignorant can you be? And for those that say "Democrats have the votes", go soak your head. I have one word, "Filibuster".

Republicans want the middle class to pay for what BP did? What planet are you on?

How can one claim to be christian and boldly disobey God?

1 John 3:17 But if someone who is supposed to be a Christian has money enough to live well, and sees a brother in need, and won't help him--how can God's love be within him ?

Republicans take a MORAL stand against helping the POOR

Well gosh, if some random book written 2000 years ago says to do it, then i guess they should get right on that.

Yes. Yes we can rdean. I'd be just as opposed if this was Hillary Clinton or Bill Clinton, or Jimmy Carter, or John Kerry, or Al Gore making these policies.

In other words, you don't have stats. Thought as much. I wonder how Michael Steele feels about being White

You do realize that he has fundamentally transformed this nation from a Republic to who knows what don't you? That isn't bringing the country back from the brink. It's completely destroying it.

The last 8 years weren't that bad. What we are heading for now is bad. And you are going to be rejoicing all the way while real people suffer for it.

It isn't the job of the Senate to bring jobs to the state. It's the Job of the Senate to protect the states from an over intrusive Federal Government. It's the State government responsible for issues in the state.

Stop artificially inflating the price of labor and you won't have this issue. the only reason it's more profitable overseas is because we have had 100 years of Politicians interefering with the market and artificially driving up prices. Stop trying to fix non-existant problems and they won't create bigger more significant problems

Are you telling me that Democrat parents are so insensitive that they will let their children starve rather than provide food for them?

Drunk Driving isn't an accident genius.

I get so tired of you self righteous racists pretending you care about the poor when you do nothing but tell others they need to give more. You rob others of their dignity. You rob them of their money. You continually degrade them. And you do nothing. But somehow they are the bad guys.

All because you are jealous. You can't stand that someone has more than you do. It's somehow their fault if they provide services that others want. Nothing in your life is your own fault.

New Orleans is unsafe because the local government is corrupt as hell and all the money poured into it disappears into a politicians back pocket.

Our bridges aren't unsafe. If you haven't been on the road lately, there are construction projects going on all the time. Name another nation even close to as good with infrastructure.

Of course, if you really cared about this so much, you would stop wasting government money on all your failed social experiments. You'd stop using money to pay back your special interests that help your candidates get elected.

But no, it's the Republicans fault. It always is. You're too afraid to take responsibility for one thing in your own life.

You're one of the biggest racists on this board. Everything you complain about is race. You can't even comprehend that some people don't care at all for race.

The Fillibuster was designed to prevent totalitarians like you from forcing your will on this nation and destroying it. Unfortunately, we've crippled it so much it's worthless.

Who exactly said that?

Republicans want the middle class to pay for what BP did? What planet are you on?

It doesn't matter anyway. The "worst ecological disaster EVAH" is disappointing the left as we speak. The oil is dispersing. DARNIT! Now what will they piss and moan about? Never mind, I'm sure they'll first cause, then whine, about a new catastrophe soon enough.

Then there are certain people on the left who need to stop claiming this. How is pointing out the lies they are saying our fault? Thtey are the ones lying.

I'm sick of the left/right label insanity. Let's talk about issues and stop calling names.

How is it calling names? How is it not the issue. The issue is there are some here that cannot comprehend that simply because the Federal Government shouldn't be doing something doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. They continually lie and claim that if people don't accept their views on outsourching charity to the government, that we don't want charity done at all.

This is false. This is directly on the issue.

Why is it it's perfectly alright to create divisions and avoid the issues when it's convenient to you, but the second someone has another idea, "STOP BEING SO DIVISIVE". It's completely disingenuous.

Yes. Identifying the differences between two sides of an argument is not calling names or promoting divisiveness. Terms like 'left' and 'right' are understood, at least by most, to illustrate a particular ideology or point of view or voting block and it saves a whole lot of time to use the terms instead of having to spell it out every time an issue is discussed. They are not perjorative terms at all unless they are used in a perjorative manner. It makes no sense to not recognize or acknowledge that different points of view exist.

But it does get wearying to be constantly accused of wishing misfortunate or deprivation on people because I don't think the Federal government should be the administrator of the social contract. But I have been accused of that so many times by those on the Left that it would save time if they would just have the accusation ready to copy and paste immediately every time the subject comes up.

And I still have to spread more rep around before I can rep you again, dang it. :)

How can one claim to be christian and boldly disobey God?

1 John 3:17 But if someone who is supposed to be a Christian has money enough to live well, and sees a brother in need, and won't help him--how can God's love be within him ?

Republicans take a MORAL stand against helping the POOR

Only non Christians ever think they have the right to judge Christians. Christians all know they fall short, and do not go around hyperventilating and accusing others of not making the grade. One of these days all the posers will learn that, why don't you lead the way?

Er..."Republican" is a political party.
"Christianity" is a religion.
Many are one but not the other. There is no requirement that requires Republicans to be Christian.

And as for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. Republicans donate to charities and spend more on them PERSONALLY than Democrats.

But how many charities use up more than is given out?

Charity Navigator - 10 Charities Overpaying their For-Profit Fundraisers

Are any of those charities Christian? If not I am missing your point.

Er..."Republican" is a political party.
"Christianity" is a religion.
Many are one but not the other. There is no requirement that requires Republicans to be Christian.

And as for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. Republicans donate to charities and spend more on them PERSONALLY than Democrats.

But how many charities use up more than is given out?

Charity Navigator - 10 Charities Overpaying their For-Profit Fundraisers

Are any of those charities Christian? If not I am missing your point.

Good question. I am unaware of any religious connection with any of them.

Of course there are as many unscrupulous charities as there are unscrupulous politicians. There are lots of folks running 'charitable' organizations just for the purpose of enriching themselves. There have even been a few organizations that called themselves Christian that were that corrupted.

Those I support though have excellent administrative costs versus services delivered ratios.

I believe the Republican party is going through massive contractions. There is a BLACK man in the WHITE House.

So while the base may be charitable, they are so freaked out that a "BLACK" man is in the "WHITE" House, they are over looking what their greedy leadership is up to.

Screw the unemployed and call them names

Call the poor animals who will "breed" if you feed them.

Apologizing to BP for the crimes they committed (might as well give drunk drivers a bye, it was an "accident")

The transfer of wealth to the top 1%.

Moving American jobs overseas.

Death panels made up of insurance companies executives - he who pays - lives.

Rebuilding foreign countries over America.

93% of idiots are Democrats, and 87% of Democrats are racist.

Who was the first person to mention race in this thread? Who is the person in the White House that has a party every 3 days? Who is the person in the White House that has played more rounds of golf in 18 months than Bush played in 8 years as president? Who is the person in the White House that has taken one vacation this summer, and has another scheduled for August?

You show your racism every time you post when you are afraid to criticize a black man for something you kick and scream about white people doing. Your guilt about who and what you are make you into a foolish biddy who becomes more pathetic every time you post.

The transfer of wealth from the working people to the sloths.

Killing off American jobs and stifling innovation with regulations and taxes.

Using the FDA to decertify drugs so that Medicare and Medicaid can deny expensive but effective treatment to patients who are dying. (What was that about death panels again? Or do you only object to them if they are run by Republicans?)

Telling foreign countries that they do not matter, and not sending them the aid money we said we would to people so poor they make the homeless in America look rich.

The true racist is revealed when they deny the truth in the name of the black man in the White House simply because he is black, despite the fact that this black man makes a fool of him every minute of every day.

This is the real face of racism in America. Look in the mirror and weep, because you will never be anything but a racist.

Thou shalt have no gods before Me. The GOP fails as they worship money.

Thou shalt not worship graven images. Fail again, worshiping money.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vain. The GOP throws around God and Yeshua as a way to support their points all the time.

Thou shalt not murder. It was mainly the GOP that got us into the war in Iraq, which is not the country that started 9/11. There are many people killed needlessly for a war that we should never have fought.......that is murder.

Thou shalt not commit adultery. Lots of fails on that one......Ensign and all the other yahoos.

Thou shalt not bear false witness. Well, in their pursuit to tear down Obama, they've told many lies. Boehner even admitted there has been a slight recovery.

I could go on, but it seems apparent that the party of Conservative Christian Values and Family Values fails quite a bit.

Good thing Democrats are Catholics then, all they have to do is feel guilty. Only fools believe Republicans are automatically Christian.

How many times do we have to tell you that his race doesn't matter?

rdean will never get that race does not matter to us because race is the only thing that matters to him. After all, who was the first person to even mention race in this thread?

Forum List

Back