Are Republicans Christians?

Deut. 14:29

This verse is still part of the Mosaic code and again the offerings did not go to the government but to the priests who were instructed to use them locally to ensure that no widows or orphans or others in need would be neglected.

I thought we were talking about the Mosaic code. This verse clearly enumerates the people who are eligible to draw from the tithe, and does not place the distribution of the tithe in the hands of the priests.

Republicans are actually "caffiteria" Christians in that they pick and chose what parts of the Bible (New Testament not the Jew Old Testament) that they will follow on a given day. Sad but true. I pray for them.

Fr. Yukon

Troll.

Deut. 14:29

This verse is still part of the Mosaic code and again the offerings did not go to the government but to the priests who were instructed to use them locally to ensure that no widows or orphans or others in need would be neglected.

I thought we were talking about the Mosaic code. This verse clearly enumerates the people who are eligible to draw from the tithe, and does not place the distribution of the tithe in the hands of the priests.

29. And the Levite because he has no portion or inheritance with you and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are in your cities, will come and eat and be satisfied; so that the Lord, your God, will bless you in all the work of your hand that you will do.

G-D commanded them to attend to the temple. They need a way to eat. So he set up a system.

29. And the Levite because he has no portion or inheritance with you and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are in your cities, will come and eat and be satisfied; so that the Lord, your God, will bless you in all the work of your hand that you will do.

G-D commanded them to attend to the temple. They need a way to eat. So he set up a system.

The widow and orphans did not attend to the temple, and this tithe was collected in each city, not at the temple.

The tithe was not paid to or distributed by the government. The tithe was given voluntarily to the priest for support of himself and his family, as he had no other means to do that, and it was his duty to then distribute to the widows, orphans, etc.

The people could also take care of the needy directly.

At no time was that assigned to the government to do.

Forum List

Back