Are liberals guardians of evil?

It’s called fear.

When people live in fear they never want to admit to themselves that they are afraid. They do what they are told, but they always convince themselves that they do what they’re told for some other reason, not because they’re afraid. In high crime areas one of the lowest things you can be is a snitch. This is because people convince themselves that their refusal to testify is not because they’re afraid of the criminals, but because they just don’t want to be a snitch. Fear is how the kkk or the brown shirts can take over a society, and sometimes good people will join in the hate so they don’t have to admit to themselves that they are afraid.

Islam is all about fear. Death to apostates, death to people who insult Mohammed, and death to people who draw a picture of Mohammed. These rules have strong support in the Muslim world, and hardcore Muslim will enforce these rules around the world. The fear of Islam has clouded our view of Islam, and even in the anonymity of the internet, it is hard to get people to look through that fog and see Islam for what it really is.

Even our school and university textbooks have for a long time avoided the subject of Islam. They provide very little information about the history of Islam, and what they present tends to be friendly so as not to offend the Muslims (fear). Islam is like humanity’s crazy uncle…the one nobody talks about. Does anybody know about Islam’s role in slavery? If you want to look into it, you will be amazed that such a massive atrocity has been swept under the rug.

People don’t want to talk about Islam, unless it’s to say good things. And they convince themselves that it’s not because they’re afraid of Islam since Islam is a religion of peace. No, no, no…they don’t want to say anything critical of Islam because that would be insulting individual Moslems and would be a form of bigotry.

Yeah, yeah…that’s the ticket.

This is not to advocate for war, but to try to avoid war. It is a lame argument to say any criticism against a particular group is a call to war against that group, and none of us really know what is the best way to avoid a clash of civilizations. The problem is we can’t even have a discussion about what is the best way to avoid war, we can’t have a discussion about Islam; we can’t say anything critical of Islam without being called bigots by people who are known to criticize most other religions.

It’s called fear.

When people live in fear they never want to admit to themselves that they are afraid. They do what they are told, but they always convince themselves that they do what they’re told for some other reason, not because they’re afraid. In high crime areas one of the lowest things you can be is a snitch. This is because people convince themselves that their refusal to testify is not because they’re afraid of the criminals, but because they just don’t want to be a snitch. Fear is how the kkk or the brown shirts can take over a society, and sometimes good people will join in the hate so they don’t have to admit to themselves that they are afraid.

Islam is all about fear. Death to apostates, death to people who insult Mohammed, and death to people who draw a picture of Mohammed. These rules have strong support in the Muslim world, and hardcore Muslim will enforce these rules around the world. The fear of Islam has clouded our view of Islam, and even in the anonymity of the internet, it is hard to get people to look through that fog and see Islam for what it really is.

Even our school and university textbooks have for a long time avoided the subject of Islam. They provide very little information about the history of Islam, and what they present tends to be friendly so as not to offend the Muslims (fear). Islam is like humanity’s crazy uncle…the one nobody talks about. Does anybody know about Islam’s role in slavery? If you want to look into it, you will be amazed that such a massive atrocity has been swept under the rug.

People don’t want to talk about Islam, unless it’s to say good things. And they convince themselves that it’s not because they’re afraid of Islam since Islam is a religion of peace. No, no, no…they don’t want to say anything critical of Islam because that would be insulting individual Moslems and would be a form of bigotry.

This is not to advocate for war, but to try to avoid war. It is a lame argument to say any criticism against a particular group is a call to war against that group, and none of us really know what is the best way to avoid a clash of civilizations. The problem is we can’t even have a discussion about what is the best way to avoid war, we can’t have a discussion about Islam; we can’t say anything critical of Islam without being called bigots by people who are known to criticize most other religions.

You should take some time over the next few weeks, go back and forth between reading the whole Quran and whole Bible and tell me what evil principles you think one has that the other doesn't have.

It gets annoying the way people pretend there's only one religious book with evil things in it, and it always coincidentally happens to be the one they don't follow.

I'm so thankful I was able to rid myself of the burden of religion. I don't have enough hate to go around like the OP and some other posters in here.

Last edited:
It’s called fear.

You should take some time over the next few weeks, go back and forth between reading the whole Quran and whol Bible and tell me what evil principles you think one has that the other doesn't have.

It gets annoying the way people pretend there's only one religious book with evil things in it, and it always coincidentally happens to be the one they don't follow.

I'm so thankful I was able to rid myself of the burden of religion. I don't have enough hate to go around like the OP and some other posters in here.

I have read both, thank you very much. This is not about hate. Not everyone who disagrees with you is an evil demon from hell. Okay, so I disagree with Islam and I worry about Islam causing more conflict...why can you not consider the possibility that disagreement with a religion does not mean hatred of the members of that religion? Could it be that you are projected your own hatred of Christians onto those who insult Islam?

If you are really interested in a comparison of the Bible and the Quran concerning violence, here is one:

Compare the Bible to the Quran

It’s called fear.

You should take some time over the next few weeks, go back and forth between reading the whole Quran and whol Bible and tell me what evil principles you think one has that the other doesn't have.

I have read both, thank you very much. This is not about hate. Not everyone who disagrees with you is an evil demon from hell. Okay, so I disagree with Islam and I worry about Islam causing more conflict...why can you not consider the possibility that disagreement with a religion does not mean hatred of the members of that religion? Could it be that you are projected your own hatred of Christians onto those who insult Islam?

If you are really interested in a comparison of the Bible and the Quran concerning violence, here is one:

An anti-muslim website that cherry picks certain verses from both books and of course spins one in the worst way and the other in the best of lights, I'm shocked.....................

The Bible and the Quran say mostly the same things, good and bad, great and horrible.

An anti-muslim website that cherry picks certain verses from both books and of course spins one in the worst way and the other in the best of lights, I'm shocked.....................

The Bible and the Quran say mostly the same things, good and bad, great and horrible.

Have you ever considered reading the Quran?

The basic argument from the shocking website is that the violence in the Bible is mostly part of stories, and not commands that are acted on today like many statements in the Quran. This is true and is easily confirmed. The website even quotes the passages in question. I realize that you see a lot of Christian terrorists in your own mind, and I am probably wasting my time by pointing out that even if the Oslo or Oklahoma City terrorists are Christians, and it’s not clear if they are, it should be obvious based on the targets that neither was motivated by their religion. Terrorism caused by Christianity, terrorism when the terrorist was motivated by Christianity is limited to a small number of people murdered by anti-abortionists. Yes, even one is too many, but it’s far from the death we see coming from Islam.

I've heard a some of you left wing cowards point out what you don't like about Christianity,but haven't heard a peep about Islam!!!......TYPICAL TRAITOROUS GUARDIANS OF EVIL!!!!!!! :eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:

Aside from the insulting disrespectful tone of your comments toward fellow human beings, who, you might claim, have the wrong opinions.....

I'm trying my hardest to make sense of what you are saying. Are you arguing that freedom of religion must not be permitted in the USA? Also, most liberals in this country are CHRISTIANS... so maybe even YOU can see how your comment makes no sense.

Carry on. I'm glad you only have one vote.
the point is libbs attack Christianity at every opportunity but rarely say any thing to criticize Islam!!:razz: DUMB ASS

name one charitable peace promoting thing Islam has done recently???:eusa_hand:

Have you ever considered reading the Quran?

The basic argument from the shocking website is that the violence in the Bible is mostly part of stories, and not commands that are acted on today like many statements in the Quran. This is true and is easily confirmed. The website even quotes the passages in question. I realize that you see a lot of Christian terrorists in your own mind, and I am probably wasting my time by pointing out that even if the Oslo or Oklahoma City terrorists are Christians, and it’s not clear if they are, it should be obvious based on the targets that neither was motivated by their religion. Terrorism caused by Christianity, terrorism when the terrorist was motivated by Christianity is limited to a small number of people murdered by anti-abortionists. Yes, even one is too many, but it’s far from the death we see coming from Islam.

No, the Old Testament commands you to kill non-believers, many times. There's zero gray area. As I've said on this forum though I'm happy and appreciate the fact that christians don't take their God seriously in this instance.

I also agree the Quran has horrifying, disgustingly immoral things in it.

No, I don't see a lot of christian terrorists in my mind, I don't see a lot of terrorists period.

And I'm not one of these types who thinks if not for a particular religion that terrorists would all be nice people who'd pick flowers and leave them on your doorstep. If you're a psycho who wants to kill people you'll be motivated by different things, whether it's religion, money, fame, the weatherman's haircut, etc.

At one time Christianity was very brutal and intolerant, but that brutality is happening now throughout the Muslim world. People are dying right now because they are not Muslims. It is true that there would still be violence and violent people if Islam did not exist, but there would have been some violence and brutality in Germany had Hitler and the Nazis not come along. Some ideologies do increase the level of violence, and Islam is one of them.

Christianity began as a peaceful religion, not perfect and there was some violence even in the early centuries, but mostly peaceful. Islam began by subduing over half of the Christian world. Millions were killed or dragged into slavery. I believe it is reasonable to say that the fear of Islam began at that time as news of this very violent religion spread across Europe. I believe that that fear led to the Church gaining significant influence as people rallied around the Vatican against the common enemy of Islam. I believe that the fear of Islam and the very real threat that Islam presented was a major factor in Christians becoming more intolerant of, actually more fearful of, other religions.

Consider what happened a few centuries later. The Moors were expelled from Europe and later the Turks were defeated in Vienna, and ceased to be a threat. Throughout this period there was the enlightenment, the renaissance, and the reformation. As Islam became less a threat, people gained the confidence to disagree with the Vatican, and even separate themselves from the Vatican, and ultimately to separate themselves from Christianity. Once the threat of Islam was eliminated, Christianity began to revert back to the mostly peaceful religion that it started out being.

You can disagree with this analysis, but I don’t think it is reasonable to say that Islam had no psychological effect on the people of Europe; it’s really just a question of how much. It is not reasonable to say that the West influences the rest of the world, but never the other way around. The problem is that the fear of Islam has never completely gone away, and today it is immerging once again as a significant influence. People are afraid to take an honest look at Islam. And our textbooks erase most of Islam’s history, so it becomes impossible for anyone to even consider the idea that Islam influenced Christian Europe unless they do some research on their own like I have.

What about the desire for an “all water” route to the east that led to the discovery of American? That was really a desire to bypass the Muslims, but nobody ever looks at it from that angle because we don’t talk about Islam.

As I see it, the religions of the world have not been that bad. By religions I mean Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, and several others. If you take away Islam, and the influence that Islam had on Christianity, religion hasn’t been that bad. And as it turns out Islam is not just a religion, but also a totalitarian political system, so again I say religion is not that bad.

There is a vast difference between Christianity and Islam. Christianity is much closer to Buddhism than Islam. There is a vast difference between the Bible and the Quran. I have done the research; I have studied the Koran and the history of Islam. I often wish I hadn’t, because when I look at the “Arab Spring”, I realize that it's not a good thing. I think the Iraq and Afghan wars were both huge mistakes, but I also think the appeasement we are using is a bad idea which will lead to more conflict.

But I do want to stress that I don’t hate Muslims…I don’t kick puppies in the gut, and I don’t want war. Just because I disagree with you, doesn’t mean that I am evil. I love Muslims and would love them to have the freedom to walk away from religion like Christians do, but this means that they have to embrace tolerance and freedom. I want peace more than anything; I just don’t think appeasing the Muslims is the way to achieve peace in the long run.

Last edited:
At one time Christianity was very brutal and intolerant, but that brutality is happening now throughout the Muslim world. People are dying right now because they are not Muslims. It is true that there would still be violence and violent people if Islam did not exist, but there would have been some violence and brutality in Germany had Hitler and the Nazis not come along. Some ideologies do increase the level of violence, and Islam is one of them.

Christianity began as a peaceful religion, not perfect and there was some violence even in the early centuries, but mostly peaceful. Islam began by subduing over half of the Christian world. Millions were killed or dragged into slavery. I believe it is reasonable to say that the fear of Islam began at that time as news of this very violent religion spread across Europe. I believe that that fear led to the Church gaining significant influence as people rallied around the Vatican against the common enemy of Islam. I believe that the fear of Islam and the very real threat that Islam presented was a major factor in Christians becoming more intolerant of, actually more fearful of, other religions.

Consider what happened a few centuries later. The Moors were expelled from Europe and later the Turks were defeated in Vienna, and ceased to be a threat. Throughout this period there was the enlightenment, the renaissance, and the reformation. As Islam became less a threat, people gained the confidence to disagree with the Vatican, and even separate themselves from the Vatican, and ultimately to separate themselves from Christianity. Once the threat of Islam was eliminated, Christianity began to revert back to the mostly peaceful religion that it started out being.

You can disagree with this analysis, but I don’t think it is reasonable to say that Islam had no psychological effect on the people of Europe; it’s really just a question of how much. It is not reasonable to say that the West influences the rest of the world, but never the other way around. The problem is that the fear of Islam has never completely gone away, and today it is immerging once again as a significant influence. People are afraid to take an honest look at Islam. And our textbooks erase most of Islam’s history, so it becomes impossible for anyone to even consider the idea that Islam influenced Christian Europe unless they do some research on their own like I have.

What about the desire for an “all water” route to the east that led to the discovery of American? That was really a desire to bypass the Muslims, but nobody ever looks at it from that angle because we don’t talk about Islam.

As I see it, the religions of the world have not been that bad. By religions I mean Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, and several others. If you take away Islam, and the influence that Islam had on Christianity, religion hasn’t been that bad. And as it turns out Islam is not just a religion, but also a totalitarian political system, so again I say religion is not that bad.

There is a vast difference between Christianity and Islam. Christianity is much closer to Buddhism than Islam. There is a vast difference between the Bible and the Quran. I have done the research; I have studied the Koran and the history of Islam. I often wish I hadn’t, because when I look at the “Arab Spring”, I realize that it's not a good thing. I think the Iraq and Afghan wars were both huge mistakes, but I also think the appeasement we are using is a bad idea which will lead to more conflict.

But I do want to stress that I don’t hate Muslims…I don’t kick puppies in the gut, and I don’t want war. Just because I disagree with you, doesn’t mean that I am evil. I love Muslims and would love them to have the freedom to walk away from religion like Christians do, but this means that they have to embrace tolerance and freedom. I want peace more than anything; I just don’t think appeasing the Muslims is the way to achieve peace in the long run.
Islam was born in war and violence and it will end in war and violence!!!it is an intolerant,vile scar on humanity.THERE WILL BE NO PEACE WITH ISLAM IN THIS WORLD!!!!

As to the leftwingers tender feelings toward muslims, that has to do with libs' traditional alliance with america's enemies, because they hate this country and everything it stands for. Their attempt to erase christianity from american life has two more subtle reasons:

I’m sure you don’t realize this but the above only undermines the conservative cause and lends credence to the position that conservative dogma is predicated on hate and fear.

Understand it was the Framers’ intent that church and State not be conjoined – be it the Federal government or a small town with a population of 500.

The misunderstanding of the issue stems from the latter.

Even if all 500 people of the small town are Christians, the town government is still enjoined by the Constitution from engaging in illegal religious demonstrations. The right of the 500 to practice their faith is not being denied by the courts, they’re free to practice their religion in any venue other than public.

This is consequently not an ‘attack’ on religion. And it has nothing to do with ‘liberals.’

Islam is all about fear.

Something conservatives and Muslims have in common, then.

As to the leftwingers tender feelings toward muslims, that has to do with libs' traditional alliance with america's enemies, because they hate this country and everything it stands for. Their attempt to erase christianity from american life has two more subtle reasons:

I’m sure you don’t realize this but the above only undermines the conservative cause and lends credence to the position that conservative dogma is predicated on hate and fear.

Understand it was the Framers’ intent that church and State not be conjoined – be it the Federal government or a small town with a population of 500.

The misunderstanding of the issue stems from the latter.

Even if all 500 people of the small town are Christians, the town government is still enjoined by the Constitution from engaging in illegal religious demonstrations. The right of the 500 to practice their faith is not being denied by the courts, they’re free to practice their religion in any venue other than public.

This is consequently not an ‘attack’ on religion. And it has nothing to do with ‘liberals.’

Islam is all about fear.

Something conservatives and Muslims have in common, then.
will you or will you not agree that islam is more violent than modern CHRISTIANITY???:eusa_eh:

Christianity was dragged kicking and screaming to the more innocuous form of present day Christianity. Islam and Christianity are both quite virulent strains of religion, but it does seem to me that Islam is currently a much more threatening and intolerant religion than Christianity for whatever reason. I'd like to know what percentage of Muslim people think death is a proper punishment for someone who draws a picture of their prophet. I bet it would be an unsettlingly high proportion. The way that women are treated in Muslim countries constitutes a violation of basic human rights as well. This Muslim intolerance seems to be much more mainstream in the religion than just the whacky beliefs of an extreme minority.

I personally don't subscribe to either of these religions (or any religion for that matter), but I can recognize that Islam in general is a more suppressive and intolerant religion than Christianity (currently).

With their unholy attack on Christianity,Christian values,prayer in public schools,displaying the 10 commandments,One nation under god in the pledge ect.... they defend these beliefs as upholding the separation church and state as outlined in the constitution.If this is true why do they not attack Islamic beliefs?Why do they support building a mosque near the 911 site?Why do they insist that we be sensitive to Muslim beliefs and sensibilities ie...the use of the word terrorist,Islam is a piece loving religion ect....but at the same time take every opportunity to attack the Christian faith at every opportunity that arises?[they cling to their guns or religion and antipathy for those who are not like them] given these facts are we not justified to assume that liberal beliefs and policy are enabler's of what Christian's would consider EVIL???

Christians are crazy bastards, so it is hard telling what they will say or think. I'll call their god on the phone and ask him.

God?
Yes?
This is Shintao. Hey dude if a christian judges me, is that a sin?
Yes?
Well we got this asshole here saying we are evil.
Yes, he has sinned. But you son are my favorite for asking me, instead of accusing others. You will come to Heaven, and he is on his way to hell.
:eusa_angel:
You are clueless.

Islam abuses women,children,and is intolerant to any other belief system !!! with these facts why do libbs go out of their way to preach the evils of Christianity but will rarely if ever say anything derogatory about Islam ??

Forum List

Back