Are Blacks More Racist Than Whites? Most Americans Say Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is the case....it has been widely quoted and noted.

He found it beneficial to alter his view in later years.

Now....back on point.....did you receive that reparations check yet?

Have you looked here?

916IETqZ1cL._SY355_.jpg

Actually he never had that view. Do you know how stupid you look for being japanese and asking somebody about a reparations check?

"No One Was Talking About These Uncomfortable Muhammad Ali Quotes About Race
“Thank God my granddaddy got on that boat.”
— 1974 response when asked for his impression of Africa, after Ali returned to the United States from Zaire, where he fought George Foreman."

No One Was Talking About These Uncomfortable Muhammad Ali Quotes About Race

Reality isn't your strong suit, is it.

Actually it is.

Muhammad Ali on the Vietnam war and racism.

You haven't the ability, it seems, to learn.

Specifically.....that I am never wrong.

"The Complex Man After the Change

Unfortunately, after his return to the United States, Ali reportedly said “Thank God my granddaddy got on that boat” after a reporter asked, “Champ, what did you think of Africa?”:

Historian Elliot Gorn explained that Ali came to even greater consciousness however as he grew. He wrote, “Clay later regretted the remark [ about Africans living in huts] when Louisville’s mayor prodded him to repeat it before a delegation at city hall and when a young Nigerian chided him for perpetuating a stereotype of Africa”.
Muhammad Ali thought Africa was a jungle, until he visited

Look fool, you know nothing about Ali. He didn't change his name to Muhammad Ali because he was grateful to not have to live in Africa.

Anyone who ever knew Ali or his biographer and photographer, Howard Bingham, knows that a lot of what he said publically versus privately, were often for effect and attention, which made him sort of an egnigma. He journeyed to Africa in 1964 for the first time, and his impressions of Africa from then until his death in 2016 were positive.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...CBAB&usg=AOvVaw3pgOk3EcsE9o8tjSd2HNuB&ampcf=1[/QUOTE]

Those of us who were actually alive when Ali said such things understand this. Ali opposed the use of our military in Asia. That stance cost him millions and years of his career. So this Asian juvenile might need to shut up about Ali.

Last edited:
— 1974 response when asked for his impression of Africa, after Ali returned to the United States from Zaire, where he fought George Foreman."

Actually it is.

Unfortunately, after his return to the United States, Ali reportedly said “Thank God my granddaddy got on that boat” after a reporter asked, “Champ, what did you think of Africa?”:

Historian Elliot Gorn explained that Ali came to even greater consciousness however as he grew. He wrote, “Clay later regretted the remark [ about Africans living in huts] when Louisville’s mayor prodded him to repeat it before a delegation at city hall and when a young Nigerian chided him for perpetuating a stereotype of Africa”.

Look fool, you know nothing about Ali. He didn't change his name to Muhammad Ali because he was grateful to not have to live in Africa.

Soooo......you're no longer denying that he said “Thank God my granddaddy got on that boat” ?

Excellent.

As I stated from the beginning, your claim is wrong.

Another spanking???

Coming right up:

Topix African-American › "Thank God my grandaddy got on that b...
"Thank God my grandaddy got on that boat."
Created by muhammad ali on Jun 7, 2008"
"Thank God my grandaddy got on that boat."

Well known quote, attributed correctly.[/QUOTE]

Those of us who were actually alive when Ali said such things understand how he was saying so in jest.. Ali opposed the use of our military in Asia. That stance cost him millions and years of his career. So Asian juvenile, you might need to shut up about Ali.

Last edited:

Anyone white that says blacks we should be grateful to whites for freeing us from slavery is a racist. You said that, now stop lying and whining abut being called what you are

DId I say that? Or did I say that you should be grateful to the whites that freed you from slavery?

Here's a man who went even further in his view of the positive effect of the issue:

220px-Muhammad_Ali_NYWTS.jpg

"In the early 1970s Muhammad Ali fought for the heavyweight title against George Foreman. The fight was held in the African nation of Zaire; it was insensitively called the "rumble in the jungle."

Ali won the fight, and upon returning to the United States, he was asked by a reporter, "Champ, what did you think of Africa?"

Ali replied, "Thank God my granddaddy got on that boat!" There is a characteristic mischievous pungency to Ali's remark, yet it also expresses a widely held sentiment. Ali recognizes that for all the horror of slavery, it was the transmission belt that brought Africans into the orbit of Western freedom. The slaves were not better off—the boat Ali refers to brought the slaves through a horrific Middle Passage to a life of painful servitude—yet their descendants today, even if they won't admit it, are better off. Ali was honest enough to admit it."
Muhammad Ali - Wikiquote

You've already ben shown that's not the case. I know your Japanese ass is grateful to whites for your reparations but that doesn't mean you get to repost a silly comment from Ali.

Have you looked here?

916IETqZ1cL._SY355_.jpg

Actually he never had that view. Do you know how stupid you look for being japanese and asking somebody about a reparations check?

[/QUOTE]
Best way to end this Reparations argument is take the race-baiting perpetrators to Africa and show them the disease, harsh living conditions, and general squalor of their former homeland or homeland of their ancestors.
Then remind them what living in America is compared to grass huts on the side of a river.

DId I say that? Or did I say that you should be grateful to the whites that freed you from slavery?

Here's a man who went even further in his view of the positive effect of the issue:

"In the early 1970s Muhammad Ali fought for the heavyweight title against George Foreman. The fight was held in the African nation of Zaire; it was insensitively called the "rumble in the jungle."

Ali won the fight, and upon returning to the United States, he was asked by a reporter, "Champ, what did you think of Africa?"

Ali replied, "Thank God my granddaddy got on that boat!" There is a characteristic mischievous pungency to Ali's remark, yet it also expresses a widely held sentiment. Ali recognizes that for all the horror of slavery, it was the transmission belt that brought Africans into the orbit of Western freedom. The slaves were not better off—the boat Ali refers to brought the slaves through a horrific Middle Passage to a life of painful servitude—yet their descendants today, even if they won't admit it, are better off. Ali was honest enough to admit it."
Muhammad Ali - Wikiquote

You've already ben shown that's not the case. I know your Japanese ass is grateful to whites for your reparations but that doesn't mean you get to repost a silly comment from Ali.

Have you looked here?

916IETqZ1cL._SY355_.jpg

Best way to end this Reparations argument is take the race-baiting perpetrators to Africa and show them the disease, harsh living conditions, and general squalor of their former homeland or homeland of their ancestors.
Then remind them what living in America is compared to grass huts on the side of a river.

LOL! Talking to a person who got reparations about ending a argument about reparations is about as stupid as stupid can get.

Muhammad Ali - Wikiquote

Have you looked here?

916IETqZ1cL._SY355_.jpg

LOL! Talking to a person who got reparations about ending a argument about reparations is about as stupid as stupid can get.

'Reparations' has never, in any way, been a part of either my life, nor any of my family.

Nor has any other iteration of begging for handouts.

But......if you'd like to begin same on an individual level, I can get you a Styrofoam cup.....

Have you looked here?

916IETqZ1cL._SY355_.jpg

'Reparations' has never, in any way, been a part of either my life, nor any of my family.

But......if you'd like to begin same on an individual level, I can get you a Styrofoam cup.....

Sure, right.

Muhammad Ali - Wikiquote

Have you looked here?

916IETqZ1cL._SY355_.jpg

What do you need reparations for anyway.
Obama already hooked everyone up, right?

Have you looked here?

916IETqZ1cL._SY355_.jpg

A person who is from the group that has been given everything really has nothing to say.

Have you looked here?

916IETqZ1cL._SY355_.jpg

A person who is from the group that has been given everything really has nothing to say.

Well they sure as hell seem to be saying something.

Have you looked here?

916IETqZ1cL._SY355_.jpg

You see kiddo you run your mouth and go too far when you do so. Therefore we are going to a place I did not want to go. But for you, I'm going to make an exception.

You talk a lot of shit about how blacks should be happy to be here instead of Africa. What about your japanese ass? Are you grateful to the white man because he did not wipe every japanese person off the face of the earth for starting world war two? Learn to humble yourself child and stay out of adult conversations.

Last edited:

Well they sure as hell seem to be saying something.

They are talking but that doesn't mean they are saying anything.

Have you looked here?

916IETqZ1cL._SY355_.jpg

Actually it is.

Anyone who ever knew Ali or his biographer and photographer, Howard Bingham, knows that a lot of what he said publically versus privately, were often for effect and attention, which made him sort of an egnigma. He journeyed to Africa in 1964 for the first time, and his impressions of Africa from then until his death in 2016 were positive.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...CBAB&usg=AOvVaw3pgOk3EcsE9o8tjSd2HNuB&ampcf=1[/QUOTE]

This brought back a memory. Back in 2009, Howard Bingham, (Ali's biographer) stayed at my Mother's house, because he was am honored guest and speaker at the Gordon Parks festival in Fort Scott, Kansas. Being that you reside in Kansas, (I think), you may have heard of Mr. Parks and the annual celebration.

Anyway, I flew in from California to be there, and spent time with Mr. Bingham, Ali wanted to come, but could not, due to his failing health.

I first met Ali back in the early 70's as a national golden glove prospect, and he was electrifying to be around...even after he came back from being exiled by all commissions for refusing to be drafted.

I saw his last fight live at the Astrodome as a kid with my father before they railroaded him.

Mr. Bingham talked a lot about Ali, and the fact that he felt more at home in Africa, than he ever did in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky.....the same place where he could not even order a sandwich, even after winning a gold medal in the Olympics for America.

He had far greater fondness for Africa than he did for the U.S.

They took his title and livelihood, and tried to break him. But they couldn't.

Last edited:

Actually it is.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...CBAB&usg=AOvVaw3pgOk3EcsE9o8tjSd2HNuB&ampcf=1

This brought back a memory. Back in 2009, Howard Bingham, (Ali's biographer) stayed at my Mother's house, because he was am honored guest and speaker at the Gordon Parks festival in Fort Scott, Kansas. Being that you reside in Kansas, (I think), you may have heard of Mr. Parks.

Anyway, I flew in from California to be there, and spent time with Mr. Bingham, Ali wanted to come, but could not, due to his failing health.

He talked a lot about Ali, and the fact that he felt more at home in Africa, than he ever did in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky.....the same place where he could not even order a sandwich, after winning a gold medal in the Olympics for America.

I've been to Ft. Scott. I almost went to the juco there to play football. Yes I've heard of Mr. Parks. If memory serves me correctly I met him when I was a young man when he spoke at a community center in my hometown.

Have you looked here?

916IETqZ1cL._SY355_.jpg

You see kiddo you run your mouth and go too far when you do so. Therefore we are going to a place I did not want to go. But for you, I'm going to make an exception.

You talk a lot of shit about how blacks should be happy to be here instead of Africa. What about your japanese ass? Are you grateful to the white man because he did not wipe every japanese person off the face of the earth for starting world war two? Learn to humble yourself child and stay out of adult conversations.

"You talk a lot of shit about how blacks should be happy to be here instead of Africa."

Actually, I never said any such thing......Muhammad Ali said it.

And, you're not in Africa......so it seems you agree.

Actually it is.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...CBAB&usg=AOvVaw3pgOk3EcsE9o8tjSd2HNuB&ampcf=1

This brought back a memory. Back in 2009, Howard Bingham, (Ali's biographer) stayed at my Mother's house, because he was am honored guest and speaker at the Gordon Parks festival in Fort Scott, Kansas. Being that you reside in Kansas, (I think), you may have heard of Mr. Parks.

He talked a lot about Ali, and the fact that he felt more at home in Africa, than he ever did in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky.....the same place where he could not even order a sandwich, after winning a gold medal in the Olympics for America.

I've been to Ft. Scott. I almost went to the juco there to play football. Yes I've heard of Mr. Parks. If memory serves me correctly I met him when I was a young man when he spoke at a community center in my hometown.

They have a great football program at that school. Several of their players have gone on to play in the NFL. you're correct about Mr. Parks. He was born in Ft. Scott, and never forgot where he came from. My grandmother used to walk to s segregated school with him when they were elementary age.

There is a book out there that he wrote before he passed away called "Voices In The Mirror" about what life was like there when he grew up, and his life after leaving.

He was the first black staff photographer for Life magazine.

image.php

image.php

This is one of the first subjects I talked about when I started posting on message boards. Are Blacks on average more racist than whites?
I've always believed that they are. Something that I discovered growing up was that almost every black in America thinks about race every day, whereas most whites don't. There's a reason for this, but this simple fact is being used by the left to divide America.

A Rassmussen survey asked the question 5 years ago, and my guess is it would be even worse today.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Americans consider blacks more likely to be racist than whites and Hispanics in this country.

Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.

Overall, just 30% of all Americans now rate race relations in the United States as good or excellent. Fourteen percent (14%) describe them as poor. Twenty-nine percent (29%) think race relations are getting better, while 32% believe they are getting worse. Thirty-five percent (35%) feel they are staying about the same.

These figures reflect more pessimism than was found in April when 42% gave race relations positive marks and 39% said race relations were improving. However, the April number reflected all-time highs while the current numbers are more consistent with the general attitudes of recent years.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted on July 1-2, 2013 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

------------------

Blacks are slightly more optimistic about the current state of race relations in American than whites and Hispanics are. But 37% of blacks and 38% of Hispanics believe those relations are getting worse, compared to 29% of whites.​

image.php

Links

As of last night, I believe that most blacks are racist - at least to a higher degree than whites.

I was judged by a single response that a poster admitted he didn't bother reading all of. When you have that happen several times, you begin to base your opinion on your experiences.

But really, does a member of the White Nationalists or KKK the same guy who takes in children as a DFACS asset? In other words, I am a foster parent. When police take parents into custody, the children are sent to me to live in my house until the parents can qualify to get them back or relatives petition for custody. Do white racists try to adopt non-white children?

Toward the end of last year, I was asked to speak at a nearby church. The very first person through the door was the wife of a friend I've had for well over 30 years (we were kids) and that lady adopted two black children rather than take the chance that the state would split them up. They were all each other had.

So, white supremacists show up and give a spin on my life; one even claiming to "know" me. Because they are willing to lie about me, who do you think that black guy believes? Yep. The one who will confirm this black guy's racist stereotyping.

Now, since there are no black people with enough discernment to look at the facts - and as I stated, this black guy worked off zero facts, and reason with him, what does that say about the black community as a whole? When black people are being bullied, whites jump onto their bandwagon. When whites are being bullied by a black person, rare (if ever) to you see a black person jump in and defend the white guy.

If you happen to see an exception, post it for me.

And in all of this he can surely thank the white officers who stuck their necks out, and gave these guy's the chance that they deserved in all of this. IM2 just threw up in his throat reading this post. Yes it's true IM2.

Have you thanked a white person lately ?
And what about the white pilots whose lives they protected who wouldn't
And in all of this he can surely thank the white officers who stuck their necks out, and gave these guy's the chance that they deserved in all of this. IM2 just threw up in his throat reading this post. Yes it's true IM2.

Have you thanked a white person lately ?
You know I believe in giving credit where credit is due and I have never denied the existence of white abolitionists or how invaluable their assistance was to the underground railroad, or those people anywhere who recognized the injustice of racial discrimination and the lingering effects of all of the statutes that made legal segregation the law of the land and stood up to it. But that's not really what is in the dispute here. By the same turn, one of the white pilots who didn't realize that the Redtails were black and asked to shake the hand of the pilot who saved his life, then refused to do so once they were back on the ground and he realized he was black. And it was reported that the German prisoners of war were treated better by our own military simply because they were white than were the black Tuskegee officers.

I do personally express gratitude to anyone and everyone who assists me in ways big and small however sometimes it sounds (and feels) more like a situation where someone steals something from you and expects you to thank them for giving or selling it back to you. And this is because of the original premise that the white race was entitled to everything within their domain and that the only purpose of the black race was to be subservient to the white race.

So when some of us aren't jumping up and down with gratitude it's not that we're not cognizant of the sacrifices made on our behalf by those not of our own race, it's because of others of your [white] race presuming that you are white, that are still in full-on racist mode and doing all the things that racists do including trying to denigrate others and devalue their contributions, work, accomplishments, sabotage opportunities, etc. the whole nine yards and then turn around and play the victim. The same tactics that they use on these boards are the same tactics that they use everywhere else in life to wreck havoc and deprive non-whites of their rights.

That's what the complaints are about, at least from my perspective.
If could take the black racist out of the debate or conversation, then your words would ring loud and proud, but to deny the fact that you have black racist in high places among your group who can take your megaphone anytime they want to is what continues to keep the white people's gaurd up...... These racist cause a huge amount of trouble when it comes to race relations in this country. The same goes for the white racist as well.

It's great that you can thank those who were white, and had stood in the gap for your people (if you are black),and this being way back in the day, and even unto this very day.

image.php

image.php

This is one of the first subjects I talked about when I started posting on message boards. Are Blacks on average more racist than whites?
I've always believed that they are. Something that I discovered growing up was that almost every black in America thinks about race every day, whereas most whites don't. There's a reason for this, but this simple fact is being used by the left to divide America.

A Rassmussen survey asked the question 5 years ago, and my guess is it would be even worse today.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Americans consider blacks more likely to be racist than whites and Hispanics in this country.

Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.

Overall, just 30% of all Americans now rate race relations in the United States as good or excellent. Fourteen percent (14%) describe them as poor. Twenty-nine percent (29%) think race relations are getting better, while 32% believe they are getting worse. Thirty-five percent (35%) feel they are staying about the same.

These figures reflect more pessimism than was found in April when 42% gave race relations positive marks and 39% said race relations were improving. However, the April number reflected all-time highs while the current numbers are more consistent with the general attitudes of recent years.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted on July 1-2, 2013 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

------------------

Blacks are slightly more optimistic about the current state of race relations in American than whites and Hispanics are. But 37% of blacks and 38% of Hispanics believe those relations are getting worse, compared to 29% of whites.​

image.php

Links

As of last night, I believe that most blacks are racist - at least to a higher degree than whites.

I was judged by a single response that a poster admitted he didn't bother reading all of. When you have that happen several times, you begin to base your opinion on your experiences.

But really, does a member of the White Nationalists or KKK the same guy who takes in children as a DFACS asset? In other words, I am a foster parent. When police take parents into custody, the children are sent to me to live in my house until the parents can qualify to get them back or relatives petition for custody. Do white racists try to adopt non-white children?

Toward the end of last year, I was asked to speak at a nearby church. The very first person through the door was the wife of a friend I've had for well over 30 years (we were kids) and that lady adopted two black children rather than take the chance that the state would split them up. They were all each other had.

So, white supremacists show up and give a spin on my life; one even claiming to "know" me. Because they are willing to lie about me, who do you think that black guy believes? Yep. The one who will confirm this black guy's racist stereotyping.

Now, since there are no black people with enough discernment to look at the facts - and as I stated, this black guy worked off zero facts, and reason with him, what does that say about the black community as a whole? When black people are being bullied, whites jump onto their bandwagon. When whites are being bullied by a black person, rare (if ever) to you see a black person jump in and defend the white guy.

When it seems like the whole world is against you, maybe it isn't the world that's the problem....

What do you mean by "that is a dick move"?
It is the type of thing a person who is a dick would do.[/QUOTE]
LOL..define what you mean when you say a person is a dick, or more specifically what you mean when you say that I am a dick. Because now you're the one calling me names, simply because you talked yourself into a corner with your supremacist comments and attitudes and are lashing out because you've been called on it.

Those assumptions that you say that I've made about you are based on YOUR comments but I bet it never occurred to you that I fight for the rights of whites as well as people of color and not just by sticking up for them on a friggin message board. Because that's what people who believe in equal rights for everyone do. The problems that most of you have is you don't seem to understand that your rights end where the rights of others begin, meaning that yours rights do not supersede the rights of others simply because you're white and erroneously believe the white race is being discriminated against as a whole.

image.php

image.php

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

------------------

image.php

Links

When it seems like the whole world is against you, maybe it isn't the world that's the problem....

The whole world does seem to be against you. I noticed that I'm not the only one speculating about the lack of black people's integrity using you as the example.

I'm hoping that someone of your own race sees you for what you are and comments on it so as to allay the fears whites have about you.

Our opinions are based on experiences. If I based my response to the OPs question and this board was my only way of formulating a response, you and I both know what the answer is.

"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." Proverbs 18 : 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back