Are atheists materialists?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are free to pursue pleasure, fame, fortune and power but none of those things satisfy us because we were made for more.

We are free to pursue pleasure, fame, fortune and power but none of those things satisfy us because we were made for more.

Why do assume all atheists are selfish people with no compassion for their fellow man? I do quite a bit that is altruistic. A couple of people I have worked with at a local food bank/homeless kitchen are atheists. So I am not alone in this.

Yes, I do pursue pleasure. But then, many Christians I know do as well. The difference is that I do not feel guilty (if no one is hurt). Fame is inconsequential. Fortune? I have never been rich, but I have made a good living. I used most of it to provide a good life for my family. Not sure why you think that would not be satisfying.

Why do assume all atheists are selfish people with no compassion for their fellow man? I do quite a bit that is altruistic. A couple of people I have worked with at a local food bank/homeless kitchen are atheists. So I am not alone in this.

Yes, I do pursue pleasure. But then, many Christians I know do as well. The difference is that I do not feel guilty (if no one is hurt). Fame is inconsequential. Fortune? I have never been rich, but I have made a good living. I used most of it to provide a good life for my family. Not sure why you think that would not be satisfying.
Are you making assumptions?

No. I am questioning your assumption that atheists only pursue pleasure, fame, fortune and power.

No. I am questioning your assumption that atheists only pursue pleasure, fame, fortune and power.
Why do you assume I believe it is only atheists?

That is not what I said.

That is not what I said.
You mean you didn’t assume I was only referring to atheists?

That is not what I said.

I mean I did not say anything about you referring only to atheists.

All men are broken. Man is never free of flaws.

No one is all good or all bad.

That is not what I said.

You are making unnecessary assumptions about what I believe. Try asking instead.

That is not what I said.

You are making unnecessary assumptions about what I believe. Try asking instead.

Dear pot.
You are black.
Sincerely, kettle

That is not what I said.

Dear pot.
You are black.
Sincerely, kettle
The assumptions are yours alone. You took offense at me challenging the belief that there is a logical argument for a middle ground.

That is not what I said.

Dear pot.
You are black.
Sincerely, kettle
The assumptions are yours alone. You took offense at me challenging the belief that there is a logical argument for a middle ground.

Wow, shifting your topic? First you talked about my making assumptions about how you referred to atheists. And now it is back to the middle ground comment? Okey dokey.

Dear pot.
You are black.
Sincerely, kettle

Wow, shifting your topic? First you talked about my making assumptions about how you referred to atheists. And now it is back to the middle ground comment? Okey dokey.
I created a new thread that can trigger you.

Dear pot.
You are black.
Sincerely, kettle

I created a new thread that can trigger you.

Trigger me? No. Responding to threads on a message board is not being triggered.

Late to the thread here. How do you know we were made for more?
From observations of man and society. These aren’t new beliefs. They have been around for thousands of years.
In one form or another, yes those kinds of beliefs have been around a long time.. But observation does not prove we were made for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back