Are Atheists Delusional?

Native global flood stories are documented as history or legend in almost every region on earth. Old world missionaries reported their amazement at finding remote tribes already possessing legends with tremendous similarities to the Bible's accounts of the worldwide flood. H.S. Bellamy in Moons, Myths and Men estimates that altogether there are over 500 Flood legends worldwide. Ancient civilizations such as (China, Babylonia, Wales, Russia, India, America, Hawaii, Scandinavia, Sumatra, Peru, and Polynesia) all have their own versions of a giant flood.

- as history or legend in almost every region on earth ...

there would be no record of the travails of noah's flood as everyone was killed but the few survivors - that did not travel the planet to bear witness to the event ... your summation is in error.

and modern science is starting to think we are all from 2 people

that is correct - the metaphysical prototype is completed before the physical transfer from parent to offspring occurs creating the new entity is a single reproductive cycle.
you know nothing about story telling in ancient times,,,they didnt have TV's or theater so what do you think those storys were about???
you know nothing about story telling in ancient times,,,they didnt have TV's or theater so what do you think those storys were about???

there could not be legends passed down as there were no survivors to pass the information down ... or to give the proper explanation of what occurred.

Besides God, the only supernatural part is described in the Book of Genesis.
You should read the rest of the Bible. There is plenty of walking on water, miraculous healing, and rising from the death. I never saw any of those in my life.
as far as I know there is only one account of walking on water, if theres another please tell us where

and there are hundreds of accounts of miracles and the dead rising along with miraculous healing

you should get out more

Even if your god was real, why would you worship that blood thirsty tyrant?

The natural world has never produced life itself, nor aliens, nor multiverses, nor birds from dinosaurs, nor humans from apes/chimps and more. None of it you have observed with your own eyes, but somehow "faithfully" believe it. In contrast, life from life and no life from non-life has been demonstrated by the scientific method.
Just we weren't around to see something doesn't mean it didn't happen so be careful when you use the "God is in the gaps" argument. As we learn more and more about the natural world that gap gets smaller and smaller.

What I have observed with my own eyes is the evidence left behind from these events. There is plenty of evidence for birds coming from dinosaurs and how it happened, both fossil and biological.

Native global flood stories are documented as history or legend in almost every region on earth. Old world missionaries reported their amazement at finding remote tribes already possessing legends with tremendous similarities to the Bible's accounts of the worldwide flood. H.S. Bellamy in Moons, Myths and Men estimates that altogether there are over 500 Flood legends worldwide. Ancient civilizations such as (China, Babylonia, Wales, Russia, India, America, Hawaii, Scandinavia, Sumatra, Peru, and Polynesia) all have their own versions of a giant flood.

- as history or legend in almost every region on earth ...

there would be no record of the travails of noah's flood as everyone was killed but the few survivors - that did not travel the planet to bear witness to the event ... your summation is in error.

and modern science is starting to think we are all from 2 people

that is correct - the metaphysical prototype is completed before the physical transfer from parent to offspring occurs creating the new entity is a single reproductive cycle.

there could not be legends passed down as there were no survivors to pass the information down ... or to give the proper explanation of what occurred.
but there were survivors,,,8 to be exact

The natural world has never produced life itself, nor aliens, nor multiverses, nor birds from dinosaurs, nor humans from apes/chimps and more. None of it you have observed with your own eyes, but somehow "faithfully" believe it. In contrast, life from life and no life from non-life has been demonstrated by the scientific method.
Just we weren't around to see something doesn't mean it didn't happen so be careful when you use the "God is in the gaps" argument. As we learn more and more about the natural world that gap gets smaller and smaller.

What I have observed with my own eyes is the evidence left behind from these events. There is plenty of evidence for birds coming from dinosaurs and how it happened, both fossil and biological.
thats why its called faith,,

and your statement also applies to evolution,,,

there is absolutly no proof birds came from dinos

You should read the rest of the Bible. There is plenty of walking on water, miraculous healing, and rising from the death. I never saw any of those in my life.
as far as I know there is only one account of walking on water, if theres another please tell us where

and there are hundreds of accounts of miracles and the dead rising along with miraculous healing

you should get out more
There are plenty of stories of the supernatural but too little evidence.

What supernatural phenomena do you believe in? God, angels, demons, ghosts, leprechauns, dragons, sasquatch, Elvis, Zeus, Allah, etc.

you should get out more
There are plenty of stories of the supernatural but too little evidence.

What supernatural phenomena do you believe in? God, angels, demons, ghosts, leprechauns, dragons, sasquatch, Elvis, Zeus, Allah, etc.
we arent talking about what I believe

wheres you proof a dino gave birth to a bird???

There is more evidence to support the Theory of Evolution than any other explanation.
nones ever been presented,,,maybe you would like to try???

You are the first on these forums, that I have seen, that wants to deny that the Colorado River carved the Grand Canyon. Why do you think the Grand Canyon was not carved by a river? We can see it still happening. We can measure it.

A YouTube video from a fundamentalist ministry?

You may be offended by facts but .....

CH581: Carving the Grand Canyon

thats 100% speculation that cant be proven

but the other can and has been observed and replicated thousands of times

and yours doesnt explain how water ran uphill 6K feet to start the erosion

What exactly is speculation?

What is this "other" you claim has been proven?

Water doesn't run uphill.

It would be a simple matter for the fundamentalist creation ministries to submit their research and findings to the journal Nature for example and have their data subject to peer review. That's how real science operates. That's why claims from charlatans at creation ministries are relegated to silly YouTube videos.

nones ever been presented,,,maybe you would like to try???

You are the first on these forums, that I have seen, that wants to deny that the Colorado River carved the Grand Canyon. Why do you think the Grand Canyon was not carved by a river? We can see it still happening. We can measure it.

It would be a simple matter for the fundamentalist creation ministries to submit their research and findings to the journal Nature for example and have their data subject to peer review. That's how real science operates. That's why claims from charlatans at creation ministries are relegated to silly YouTube videos.

creationist arent running around claiming it to be anything other than faith,

while evo's not only claim fact without proof but get tax money to push it, and in some cases with flat out lies

and the other is the grand canyon was caused by the grand lake breaching its dam and carving out the canyon in weeks if not days

if men didnt see dinos then why all the pictures,sculptures paintings and written accounts about them

and who exactly talked to every human that ever lived to know no one has ever seen them

They found bones.
and thats it,,,nothing about how they lived, where they lived, hat they looked like,or even how they died

they just found bones that indicate something or someone died

And those same people had seen horses and horse skeletons. So fleshing put a skeleton in their imagination is not a stretch.

And yes, there are legends of giant beasts. But none of those sculptures or paintings look like what scientific recreation of dinosaurs do.
how they did it is a stretch if you can make a human out of a pigs tooth

and you need to broaden your education because a lot of old draws exactly resemble known dinos and what about written accounts???

almost every old civilization has records describing them,

Odd that you dismiss cultures not having an account of the flood, but you use ancient cultures to prove your idea that man & dinosaurs lived at the same time.

But if Genesis is a historical account, all people descended from Adam & Eve?

We might even say that all people descended from Noah and his immediate family after the flood. That, of course, would suggest that the gods approve of incestuous and familial relations.

They found bones.
and thats it,,,nothing about how they lived, where they lived, hat they looked like,or even how they died

they just found bones that indicate something or someone died

And those same people had seen horses and horse skeletons. So fleshing put a skeleton in their imagination is not a stretch.

And yes, there are legends of giant beasts. But none of those sculptures or paintings look like what scientific recreation of dinosaurs do.
how they did it is a stretch if you can make a human out of a pigs tooth

and you need to broaden your education because a lot of old draws exactly resemble known dinos and what about written accounts???

almost every old civilization has records describing them,

Odd that you dismiss cultures not having an account of the flood, but you use ancient cultures to prove your idea that man & dinosaurs lived at the same time.

But if Genesis is a historical account, all people descended from Adam & Eve?

We might even say that all people descended from Noah and his immediate family after the flood. That, of course, would suggest that the gods approve of incestuous and familial relations.
who are we to question them??? we werent there

and what civilizations are you talking about???

creationist arent running around claiming it to be anything other than faith,

while evo's not only claim fact without proof but get tax money to push it, and in some cases with flat out lies

and the other is the grand canyon was caused by the grand lake breaching its dam and carving out the canyon in weeks if not days

Nothing in the geologic history supports that.

You will find that flood myths are common. Myth and legends of such floods are common after the last Ice Age.

Flood Stories from Around the World

Forum List

Back