Are all gays born that way?

You and I have had this discussion, before, Bo and you know I think that you should the same right to lose half your shit in a divorce as I do.

But if a state and it's voters make a certain decision, just don't reside there.
:cool:

Not that easy, brother. Most people never move out of their home county let alone state. There are a lot of reasons for this but one of the big ones is economics. A lot of people don't have the money to relocate. So a homosexual individual that is born in Michigan, Oregon, or California, for example, that has no financial resources to relocate is in a situation where there is not only inequality regarding sexual orientation but faces a restriction of their civil rights due to poverty as well.

Now for those who can relocate, fine...but what if a same-sex couple gets a once in a lifetime job offer but would have to relocate to Oregon, California, or Michigan? Doing so would void their marriage and as such they could sue the state for untold millions because they are experiencing direct financial damages due to a civil rights violation.

By your suggestion, homosexuals would experience even more restrictions on their rights and suffer direct economic damages based upon the fact that they belong to a specific demographic of United States society. Yet in no state is there a situation where a given demographic of United States citizens cannot freely establish residency, work, marry, etc.....no demographic except homosexuals. That's not what this great nation is about...and I issue the warning: if we allow a specific demographic to have their constitutional rights violated we open up the door for other demographics to receive the same treatment. Today it might be homosexuals....tomorrow it might be Jews, Catholics, blacks, whites, women, the obese, people with bad credit, people in debt....you name it. That's not a path I am willing to endorse.

Whether one approves or disapproves of the gay lifestyle is irrelevant. Protecting the rights of all citizens equally should be paramount in our mind, because once you justify the opposite you create opportunity for further exploitation based on a different and completely arbitrary criteria.

So gays ARE vying to become a protected class?

There is equal protection under the law, BP.
Like I pointed out earlier.
There are laws that say who can and cannot marry.

Will our next protected class be incestuous couples?

My main issue with gay marriage is the redefining of the word, itself.
I would be willing to recognize Civil Unions or Domestic Partnerships. The company I work for does for all of our benefits.
Ya just can't put an eraser on a marker and call it a pencil.
:cool:

I understand your point of view. Now I might look at it a bit different and say: "well if you grant them the right to form a legal union, benefits, same tax implications, etc but you are not calling it marriage...isn't that putting an eraser on a marker and calling it a pencil?" You know...if it's the exact same thing but with a different name....see where I am going here? If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck....it's a fucking duck. :) Why play the little word games?

It's not 10 percent that is gay..that's a number that came from Kinsey and was derived from his fraudulent study of pimps, prostitutes, prison inmates and pedophiles that he passed off as a cross section of the at large population.

It's more like 3 percent.

But if everybody is bi, then who cares how many are gay. It's more like 100%, but nobody is acting on it.

It's a choice.

People who choose to be gay can also choose if they want to participate in marriage or not,which means they aren't being denied anything.

Homosexuality is not genetic nor is it a learned behavior. The sex urge is facilitated by the influence of hormones on the brain. If a male is born with or develops a hormonal imbalance (too much estrogen + not enough testosterone) he will be sexually attracted to other males. Same (though inverted) situation with females. But owing to their more complicated hormonal makeup and innate psychological sensitivity human females are more inclined to superficial homosexual conduct than are males.

PsychiatryOnline | American Journal of Psychiatry | QUANTITATIVE SEX HORMONE STUDIES IN HOMOSEXUALITY, CHILDHOOD, AND VARIOUS NEUROPSYCHIATRIC DISTURBANCES

There is evidence of a genetic VARIANT:

Is there a homosexuality gene?

And being gay is not "abnormal".

Yes it is.

Heterosexuality is the norm; 90% of people are heteros.

Homosexuality is not the norm; 10% of people are homos.

My son is in the autistic spectrum; most people aren't.

My son isn't what is considered 'normal'.

Not being 'normal' isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It's just different. It just . . . . . is.

different does not mean abnormal. it means not average.

blue eyes are not the norm. however people with blue eyes are not abnormal, they simply exhibit a recessive, rather than a dominant, trait.

It's not 10 percent that is gay..that's a number that came from Kinsey and was derived from his fraudulent study of pimps, prostitutes, prison inmates and pedophiles that he passed off as a cross section of the at large population.

But if everybody is bi, then who cares how many are gay. It's more like 100%, but nobody is acting on it.

Your side is the one who is always quoting the fake figures as if it matters.

I agree, it doesn't matter, because it's a choice. People choose their sexuality. People choose whether they want to get married or not.

If they don't want to be in a male/female union, then they don't want to be married, since that's what marriage is.

If they change their mind and want to go there, they can.

No discrimination. It's just a choice.

If you don't want to take a driver's license exam, are we obligated to provide you with a license anyway? Nope.

If you won't enter into a contract with a person of the opposite sex, are we obligated to give you a piece of paper that says you did? Nope.

If a single person says they want to be considered married...but it's just them, are they being discriminated against?

I agree, it doesn't matter, because it's a choice. People choose their sexuality. People choose whether they want to get married or not.

If they don't want to be in a male/female union, then they don't want to be married, since that's what marriage is.

If you don't want to take a driver's license exam, are we obligated to provide you with a license anyway? Nope.

If you won't enter into a contract with a person of the opposite sex, are we obligated to give you a piece of paper that says you did? Nope.

I'm just bemused by the fact that you can talk SO. MUCH. SHIT! and make it sound normal. Logical. Rational. If this was being said under a psych eval, they'd be measuring you for one of those cute little white jackets with the long, long sleeves.

We should really do away with that marriage tax break.

I'm sure you would prefer heteros be penalized for getting married, and be forced to sterilize themselves after 1 child.

Too bad for you.

Now why the hell do you think that about me?

I am hetro all the way.
I just do not try and run othwers lives and do not think the govt should promote hetro marriage thru the tax structure.

I'm just bemused by the fact that you can talk SO. MUCH. SHIT! and make it sound normal. Logical. Rational. If this was being said under a psych eval, they'd be measuring you for one of those cute little white jackets with the long, long sleeves.

That's okay, we all know by now that you're befuddled by words. You've admitted you don't bother reading about the thread topics you stupidly troll.

I've been evaluated about every way you can imagine and I always rise to the top of my group....I'm incredibly employable that way, particularly when taken into consideration with my work history, criminal history (none) and other reasoning test scores when applicable...

My SAT score for comprehension was as high as they can get....now that was almost 30 years ago, but I don't think my comprehension has decreased since I was 18 years old.

Given the FACT that human reproduction requires intercourse between a man (donor) and a woman(host) isn't "gayness" a learned, or behavior modification i.e. "nature vs nurture"?

I mean researchers still haven't found a "dominate" GAY gene.
So existing gays are totally "learned" or behavior modification response.
Homosexuality is not genetic nor is it a learned behavior. The sex urge is facilitated by the influence of hormones on the brain. If a male is born with or develops a hormonal imbalance (too much estrogen + not enough testosterone) he will be sexually attracted to other males. Same (though inverted) situation with females. But owing to their more complicated hormonal makeup and innate psychological sensitivity human females are more inclined to superficial homosexual conduct than are males.

PsychiatryOnline | American Journal of Psychiatry | QUANTITATIVE SEX HORMONE STUDIES IN HOMOSEXUALITY, CHILDHOOD, AND VARIOUS NEUROPSYCHIATRIC DISTURBANCES

http://phys.org/news84720662.html

[...]"During the past several decades, scientists have discovered some interesting patterns that may point toward genetic causes of homosexuality."[...]

[...]"These studies and others—while unable to point to a specific gene—do point to the idea that homosexuality may be inherited through a polymorphic gene,"[...]

The above quotes are excerpted from your source and clearly refer to theoretical rather than empirical data. At this time there is no evidence of a homosexual gene but there is evidence of hormonal influence.

Any exception to a widely accepted norm is ab-normal.

I.Q. of 90 - 110 is normal. I.Q. of 140 or greater is abnormal.

If sexuality is a choice why would one come out, proclaim they are gay and catch the "you are immoral" claims?
Why not just stay in the closet your entire life?
No one chooses to be condemned publicly.
Human sexuality is not a choice.

No, but the human desire to be free from public condemnation runs deep; as does the need to condemn as we are seeing.
You should not allow that to cause you to become hypersensitive and infer offense or condemnation where none is intended. That is self-defeating and socially awkward.

Is there a homosexuality gene?

Yes it is.

Heterosexuality is the norm; 90% of people are heteros.

Homosexuality is not the norm; 10% of people are homos.

My son is in the autistic spectrum; most people aren't.

My son isn't what is considered 'normal'.

Not being 'normal' isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It's just different. It just . . . . . is.

different does not mean abnormal. it means not average.

blue eyes are not the norm. however people with blue eyes are not abnormal, they simply exhibit a recessive, rather than a dominant, trait.
Blue eyes are normal. Brown eyes are normal. One blue eye and one brown eye is abnormal. (But there's nothing wrong with it.)

Forum List

Back